NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder
For Spring 2013, NARS introduces an innovative new mineral setting powder, available in both loose and pressed formulas. Light Reflecting Setting Powder helps skin “shine through makeup,” enhancing the look of foundation and extending makeup wear – all without
a trace of color.
Containing NARS’ exclusive Light Reflecting Complex, this translucent powder optimizes light reflection on the skin, optically fading fine lines, wrinkles, and pores as skin is visibly smoothed. Vitamin E and glycerin help guard against dryness and provide a luminous soft matte finish. Ideal for touch-ups, regulating shine, and seamlessly setting foundation. Paraben-free. Fragrance-free. Non-Comedogenic.
Loose Powder ($34.00)
Available January 15th at NARS 413 BLKR boutique and narscosmetics.com
Pressed Powder ($34.00)
Available February 1st at Sephora and sephora.com, March 15th at narscosmetics.com
NARS Spring 2013 Color Collection
Fresh and fierce, strong and sexy; the Spring 2013 Color Collection introduces a vibrant, ‘90s-esque palette that sets the tone for a season of audaciously feminine looks. Created by Founder & Creative Director François Nars, the collection heralds spring’s arrival with shades ready to make a graphic statement.
Eyeshadow Duo ($34.00)
- Mad Mad World Cyan and parakeet green
- Bouthan Soft pink tulle and bright pink with gold shimmer
Single Eyeshadow ($24.00)
- Persia Matte paprika
Soft Touch Shadow Pencil ($24.00)
- Corcovado 24-karat gold (Limited Edition)
- Seduction Sangria
Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil ($24.00)
- Cythere Soft metallic rose (Limited Edition)
- Dressed to Kill Fuchsia rose with gold shimmer
Nail Polish ($18.00)
- Disco Inferno Iridescent silver green (Limited Edition)
Availability: January 15th @ NARS, February for Sephora, Nordstrom, and other counters
See more photos & swatches!
Top 10 of 2012: Best Nail Lacquers
I really don’t know how I managed to keep this list to ten, because I feel like I fall in love with a new polish every week. There were SO many more amazing polishes that aren’t on this list, though. I tried to go across brands and put together a list of ones that really struck me or were more original.
- Hare Holiday Hoopla — glittery gold and red
- NARS Night Porter — deep forest green
- Chanel Malice — rich, decadent red
- Lacquistry Wattle Over With That Stuffing — green, gold, copper
- Deborah Lippmann Ray of Light — flakies in a purple jelly
- Cult Nails Princess — Cinderella blue
- Zoya Song — intense blue
- KB Shimmer Candy Cane Crush — peppermint for your nails
- Illamasqua Creator — silver over black
- Lynnderella Undead Red — red, purple, blue
What’s was your favorite nail lacquer of 2012?
Top 10 of 2012: Blushes & Highlighters
Asking me to choose my favorite highlighter, by the way, is akin to making me choose favorites between (fur) children (if I had more than one). There were some seriously ga-ga-glowing highlighters launched this year, too! On the blush front, there were some great shades and formulas I tried and tested, but it was easier to narrow those down.
- bareMinerals Luminizer — two shades of shimmery bliss
- Burberry Earthy — beautiful brown
- NARS Gina — soft orange
- Tom Ford Lovelust — go-to coral blush
- Guerlain Wulong — glowy goodness
- Chanel Rose Initiale — easy pink
- Illamasqua Naked Rose — neutral pink
- Estee Lauder Sensuous Rose — pink-beige
- MAC Pro Longwear Bronzing Powders — beautiful texture
- Chantecaille Les Petales de Rose — lit-from-within glow