Not so into lipstick? Or maybe you’re looking for a gloss for your Valentine’s Day lipstick? These are my five picks for this upcoming Valentine’s Day…
- Milani Flashy — darkened fuchsia pink
- MAC Driven by Love — rich red with ruby red shimmer
- Clarins Grenadine — coral-pink with gold shimmer
- Bobbi Brown Naked Plum — pink and gold shimmered plum
- NARS Bougainville — berry
What lipglosses remind you of Valentine’s Day?
Here’s a little mix of my picks for Valentine’s Day-themed lipsticks that range from light pink to vibrant red! I’d love to hear your picks!
- MAC Lickable — bright pink
- Giorgio Armani #503 — rich red
- NARS Dragon Girl — blue-based matte red
- OCC Femme — light-medium pink
- Revlon Lollipop — glossy fuchsia pink
What lipsticks remind you of Valentine’s Day?
And God Created the Woman Eye Kit ($59.00) (Limited Edition)
NARS debuts a limited edition palette of six shimmering shadows for captivating, compelling eyes. Created exclusively for Sephora, this sleek set also includes a travel sized Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base and No 3 Eye Shader Brush. Named for “Et Dieu… créa la femme,” the classic 1956 French film that made Brigitte Bardot an overnight sensation, the six-well palette helps beauty lovers achieve the look of the season with a must-have neutral shade range based on Sephora’s top-selling browns and taupes.
- Alhambra (right side) Metallic rose mist
- Bellissima (right side) Matte grey brown
- Kalahari (left side) Gold confection
- Galapagos Bitter chocolate infused with gold
- Coconut Grove Deep taupe brown infused with gold
- Night Clubbing Black withg old pearl
- Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (travel-size)
- No. 3 Eye Shader Brush
Availability: Now @ Sephora
The Happening Eye & Cheek Palette ($65.00) (Limited Edition)
For Spring 2013, NARS debuts a new limited edition palette, based on top-selling, universally flattering, must have shades of the season. Elevate any look with four evocative eyeshadows, paired with the brand’s iconic Orgasm Blush and Laguna Bronzer for cheeks – all in one sleek, go-anywhere compact.
- Night Star Sheer peach with gold pearl
- Gstaad Shimmering taupe (New/Limited Edition)
- Kuala Lumpur (right side) Boysenberry infused with gold
- Coconut Grove Deep taupe brown infused with gold
- Orgasm Peachy pink with gold shimmer (Blush)
- Laguna Diffused brown with golden shimmer (Bronzer)
Availability: Now @ Nordstrom, February 1st @ NARScosmetics.com
Introducing an exciting addition to the NARS 413 BLKR Collection: the Multiple – the iconic innovation for eyes, cheeks, and lips from NARS Founder and Creative Director Francois Nars.
A rich burgundy, the NARS 413 BLKR Multiple is the perfect multi-purpose beauty stick. Its unique creamy formula and sheer color blend effortlessly to create beautiful accents, contours, or dynamic highlights on all skin tones. Named for the brand’s first flagship address in New York City’s West Village neighborhood, the NARS 413 BLKR Collection was created especially for NARS boutiques. With a second flagship location recently opened in Los Angeles, NARS is pleased to feature the collection at both boutiques, as well as on narscosmetics.com.
The Multiple ($39.00)
- 413 BLKR Rich burgundy (New and Permanent)
Availability: February 1st @ NARScosmetics.com and NARS flagship boutiques: 413 Bleecker St, New York, NY; tel: 646.459.2323, 8412 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA; tel: 310.623.1730
Navy Blue Eyeliners: BB Black Navy, MUFE #8K, bareMinerals Noon,
D&G 8, EL Blackened Sapphire, MAC Marine Ultra, MAC Prussian, MAC Blooz
Navy Blue Eyeliners: Your Guide
I think navy blue might be the color I have the most shades for!
- Bobbi Brown Black Navy is a deep, dark navy that almost looks purple.
- Make Up For Ever #8K is a deep navy blue. It is a touch darker than Dolce & Gabbana #8.
- bareMinerals Noon is a blackened navy blue. (LE)
- Dolce & Gabbana #8 is a deep navy blue with a sheen. It is a bit lighter than MUFE #8K.
- Estee Lauder Blackened Sapphire is a rich, blackened navy blue with a matte finish. (LE)
- MAC Marine Ultra is a lighter, but a darker blue with more brightness than other shades here.
- MAC Prussian is a navy blue with a purple tinge and a soft sheen.
- MAC Blooz is a blackened navy blue with a hint of purple. It is very similar to Givenchy #14.
- Givenchy #14 is a blackened navy blue with a hint of purple. It is very similar to MAC Blooz.
- NARS Rue Saint-Honore is a dark navy blue with a soft sheen. It is a touch more intense compared to Dolce & Gabbana #8 and MUFE #8K.
- YSL Oriental Blue #3 is a rich, navy blue with a matte finish. It is a touch lighter than La Prairie Midnight Blue.
- Korres #9 is a teal-ish blue (looked navy blue in the pencil!). (DC)
- La Prairie Midnight Blue is a rich, navy blue with a matte finish. It is a bit darker than YSL Oriental Blue.
- Chanel Marine is a shimmering navy blue.
- Make Up For Ever #3L is a blackened navy blue with soft sparkle.
- MAC Fly-By-Blu is a lightened blue over a blackened navy base. (LE)
- MAC Petrol Blue is a dark navy blue with sparkle over a blackened blue base. This shade is similar to MUFE #8K and D&G #8.
- MAC Blue Stripe is a blackened navy blue with a subtle sheen. It is darker and less sparkly compared to MAC Petrol Blue, and a touch darker than MUFE #3L.
- Urban Decay Binge is a lightened navy blue with a hint of purple; it is a bit lighter than the other navy blues here.
- Tarina Tarantino Cute Robot is a rich navy blue over a blackened navy base. It is comparable to NARS Rue Saint-Honore and MAC Petrol Blue.
- MAC Sense of Style is a darkened, teal-blue with a black base. (LE)
- MAC Navy Stain is a navy blue with subtle sheen.
- MAC Hyacinth is a medium-dark blue with a matte finish. (LE)
- MAC Industrial is a lightened, medium blue with a brownish-black base. It is similar to MAC Fly-By-Blu, but it has a lighter base.
- Urban Decay LSD is medium blue sparkle over a blackened navy base. It is a bit like MAC Fly-By-Blu. (LE)
- Make Up For Ever #15L is a darkened cornflower blue with a barely-there sheen.
TEMPTALIA PICKS: #5 (pigmentation, texture), #17 (intensity), #20 (pigmentation, longevity), #26 (uniqueness, longevity)
Behind-the-Series: It was my intention to provide heavy, opaque swatches to provide an accurate color comparison. Some eyeliners required one pass, some required five, and a few even more. When possible, the shade name (above) is linked to the original review so you can read more about the quality, wear, etc. of a particular eyeliner. If we’ve never done a review, there will be no link. Shades that were limited edition will be marked with “(LE)” and shades that were discontinued will be marked with “(DC)” after the color description. You can also find all comparisons on The Dupe List.
What’s your favorite navy blue Eyeliner? How do you like to use it?
NARS Cosmetics has an exclusive deal just for Temptalia readers! When you purchase $45+ or more, you’ll receive a complimentary mini Super Orgasm Blush, mini Orgasm Nail Polish & a sample sized Optimal Brightening Concentrate with code TEMPTJAN13, expires 1/27.