NARS Lipgloss Comparison
I wish that I could compare all of the original NARS Lipgloss shades to how they appear in the reformulation, but alas, I only have nine of the 23. In this post, I’ve swatched the new and original in the same photo–half and half–so that it is easier to compare.
- Angelika was more pigmented and applied much more smoothly in the original version, which was probably due to the thicker consistency.
- Belize is slightly pinker and darker.
- Dolce Vita had the most noticeable difference; the undertone is much cooler-toned in the reformulated shade. It was an interesting difference to capture, because when merely swatched on the skin, it sometimes looked similar, but it depended on the light. When I blended each swatch out, so it wasn’t as thick/opaque, that undertone difference became more and more prominent.
- Orgasm is sheerer in the reformulated version, but the base is also darker/sheerer, so it doesn’t appear as light on the lips.
- Rose Gitane seemed pretty much the same!
- Stella seemed more pigmented in the reformulation.
- Super Orgasm is noticeably pinker and less sparkly in the reformulated version.
- Supervixen seemed about the same, perhaps a little more shimmery in the reformulated version.
- Wonder seemed the same.