NARS Loves Miami Gift Set
For Holiday 2013, NARS debuts a new limited edition gift set, based on the exciting, sensual city’s top-selling shades. Elevate any look with four evocative Eyeshadow hues, and the brand’s iconic Orgasm Blush and Laguna Bronzing Powder paired with cult favourite Nail Polish and Lip Gloss shades. The set retails for $75.00.
Eye & Cheek Palette
- Orgasm (Blush) Peachy pink with golden shimmer
- Fathom (Single Eyeshadow) Pink tulle with shimmer
- Kalahari (Eyeshadow Duo, Right) Sugared cocoa
- Daphne (Single Eyeshadow) Matte deep violet
- Cordura (Eyeshadow Duo, Right) Shimmering sooty dark brown
- Laguna (Bronzing Powder) Brown with golden shimmer
Nail Polish & Lip Gloss
- Orgasm (Nail Polish) Peachy pink with shimmer
- Orgasm (Lipgloss) Peachy pink with shimmer
Availability: The NARS Hearts Miami Gift Set is currently available at Bloomingdale’s Boca Raton, Nordstrom (West Palm Beach, Dadeland, Aventura Mall, Boca), Saks Fifth Avenue Bal Harbour. $75, limited edition.
As someone with a warmer complexion, I always go gold during the holidays, but I would be remiss if I didn’t consider the opposite–silver–which can work well to brighten and reflect just as nicely as gold!
- Le Metier de Beaute Platinum — a bright, metallic silver
- NARS Interstellar — a frosted, metallic silver cream
- Urban Decay Cuff — a brightened silver eyeliner–perfect for brightening up a smoky eye
- Inglot #447 — an extremely bright silver with a highly metallic finish in powder form
- Zoya Electra — silver tinsel with a holographic finish to make any nail color festive
What’s your favorite silver-hued beauty product?
October is a time that reminds me to be brave; to not be afraid of bold, unusual colors. Halloween is an often excuse to play with color in ways we’ve never felt comfortable doing so the rest of the year, but it also serves as a great reminder to: experiment more. play more. go outside of our comfort zone. embrace the unknown. thirst for something different. These are a few of my favorite more unique and unusual shades that I’ve come across, and I hope you’ll share your own unusual finds with me!
- Illamasqua Apocalips is a vivid, medium-dark blue-teal with a matte finish. I love the unusual color, but what I love even more is that it still applies and wears fairly well. It’s definitely a show-stopping color!
- Sleek Sunset Palette is a budget-friendly palette that’s top-to-bottom fantastic. No duds in the bunch; not only is this a feat for an eyeshadow palette in general, but to do so at under $15? It’s quite unusual!
- Inglot #434 is a cool-toned, purplish taupe–a glorious mix of purple, gray, and brown for something infinitely complex, bold but neutral.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Th(ink) is a bold, cool-toned violet purple with a pearly shimmer that really opens up the eye–and it is a shade that had many, many readers asking, “What are you wearing?” Purple eyeliners that can be applied with opaque, rich color are hard to come by, but Th(ink) makes a strong case for one that does.
- Giorgio Armani #701 is a cool-toned, sheer bluish-purple gloss filled with blue and violet shimmer. It’s very intriguing on its own, but it can be layered over lipstick for a different look.
- NARS Taj Mahal is bold, bright, but not totally over-the-top, and it’s more of a tangerine than a full-on orange with red tones, so it has more golden, yellowy undertones.
- Cult Nails You’re My Dandy Lion is a warm, buttery yellow with a cream finish–and lo and behold, it applies beautifully. It’s practically a unicorn among polish!
- Fyrinnae Parental Advisory is a bold, bright, royal purple like I haven’t seen before. It’s so vibrant and pigmented–if you are a fiend for purple eyeshadow, it is a must-have.
- OCC Jubilee is a pale, aqua-green with a blue-purple duochrome. It’s metallic, shimmering, and reflective. I love the way the color shifts as you move, as it is layered over other products, and will lean one way or another depending on what is paired with.
- Illamasqua Stranger is a green-ish gold gloss with a high-shine finish, lots of metallic shimmer, and it is a shade that changes as you move.
I hope you’ll consider sharing your must-haves for October in the comments! Here’s a quickie list to get you started…
Must-Have Eye Products:
Must-Have Cheek/Face Products:
Must-Have Lip Products:
Must-Have Hair/Skin Products:
NARS x Guy Bourdin Color Collection
As a child, NARS Founder and Creative Director François Nars discovered Guy Bourdin’s work in the pages of French Vogue. It was then that Nars was first inspired to become a makeup artist. Today François Nars honors Bourdin’s legacy with an entire limited edition collection for Holiday 2013, created in the spirit of Guy Bourdin: bold, uncompromising color and high-impact finishes in shades that launch us into his intriguing, high-fashion world.
Cinematic Eyeshadow ($24.00) (Limited Edition)
- Wishful Thinking Macaw blue
- Rage Electric orchid
- Bad Behaviour Deep pewter
- Cambodia Pink Copper
- Mississippi Mermaid Champagne
Cinematic Lipstick ($26.00) (Limited Edition)
- Future Red Cherry
- Short Circuit Fire coral
- Last Tango Dusty rose
- Goodbye Emmanuelle Hot pink
- Full Frontal Rose violet
Blush ($29.00) (Limited Edition)
- Exhibit A Matte, vivid red
- Coeur Battant Magenta
- Day Dream Peachy pink
Nail Polish ($19.00) (Limited Edition)
- Tomorrow’s Red Scarlet flame
- Follow Me Deep fuchsia
- No Limits Bright pink violet
- Union Libre Blosso pink
Availability: The Color collection launches on October 15 at NARS boutiques and www.narscosmetics.com.