5 Bright, Daring Pink Blushes
Don’t let bright pinks scare you! First, they can always be worn as soft and as sheer as you’d like; it’s all about application and the tools you use–opt for a stippling brush and a lighthand, and you’ll get subtler results. Second, you can let your cheeks become the focal point of the look by going lighter on eyes and lips!
- Tarte Amused — bright fuchsia pink
- Make Up For Ever #3 — bright, darkened fuchsia pink
- MAC Full Fuchsia — bright red-pink
- Make Up For Ever #75 — bright, dark pink
- Make Up For Ever #85 — brightened pink
What’s your favorite bright pink blush?
5 Pretty in Peach Blushes
Peach can be a really wearable color that can look natural on any skin tone. Cooler complexions will find that peach-hued blushes can help mitigate any natural redness on the cheeks without emphasizing it like a pink blush might. Warmer complexions are easily freshened up with a pop of peach on the cheeks. Reader Sirinthorn wanted to see what my five picks would be for peach blushes, and here they are:
- Chanel Espiegle— peach-orange with a satiny sheen
- MAC Peaches — classic peach with subtle brown undertones
- Make Up For Ever #14 — soft peach
- NARS Sex Appeal — pale peach
- MAC Melba — dirty peach-brown with a matte finish
What’s your favorite peach blush?
5 True Blue Eyeshadows
Blue eyeshadow is such an empowering shade to wear, because it’s so often the, “No way!” shade. It’s vibrant and intense and there are so many good ones available! If you’re hesitant to wear blue eyeshadow, try wearing it with neutrals–perhaps a little blue in the crease or on the lower lash line.
What’s your favorite true blue eyeshadow?
Make Up For Ever @ Cynthia Rowley NYFW Fall 2012
MAKE UP FOR EVER was backstage creating the look at Cynthia Rowley this past week. MAKE UP FOR EVER ALLIANCE artist, Lottie, served as key make up artist for the Cynthia Rowley Fall 2012 show during New York Fashion Week. The look was inspired by the women of the 40s – effortlessly natural, empowered, and clean. The skin had a dewy finish with supple bare lips. To add a slightly masculine edge, Lottie groomed the brows creating a full and fluffy appearance.
- Complexion: Lottie first mixed MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation with MAKE UP FOR EVER Uplight #12. She applied this mixture all over, which gave the models a flawless dewy canvas. To finish the look and set the make up, she used MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Powder.
- Brows: Lottie brushed the brows upwards to create a fluffy appearance. For added fullness, she filled in individual hairs with MAKE UP FOR EVER Brow Pencil and MAKE UP FOR EVER Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector. The brows were then kept in place using MAKE UP FOR EVER Brow Seal.
- Lips: The lips were supple and hydrated with MAKE UP FOR EVER Moisturizing Lip Balm.