5 More Positively Electric Eyeshadows
I couldn’t resist–there are too many fabulous bright shades to highlight! If you’re after a lot of brights, Make Up For Ever has a spectacular selection.
- Make Up For Ever #75 — dark pink with a matte finish
- Sugarpill Velocity — violet blue with a matte finish
- Make Up For Ever #171 — frosted chartreuse
- Illamasqua Hype — bright yellow with a matte finish
- Make Up For Ever #26 — magenta-purple with a matte finish
If you could only keep one bright eyeshadow, which would it be?
5 Positively Electric Eyeshadows
Brights, brights, and more brights!
- Inglot #343 — electric yellowed chartreuse with a matte finish
- Milani Shocking Pink — electric magenta pink with a matte finish
- Bare Escentuals On the Rocks — electric violet with blue iridescence
- MAC Electric Eel — electric medium blue with a matte finish
- Make Up For Ever #24 — electric golden yellow
What’s your favorite bright color to work with?
This August: New Aqua Rouge
Calling all lip color addicts. MAKE UP FOR EVER is adding another make up bag must-have to its award winning Aqua range – Aqua Rouge. This new collection of smudge-proof, high-impact liquid lip color delivers the intensity and long-lasting coverage of a lip stain, with the eye-catching shine of a gloss.
Gina Brooke, Madonna’s longtime make up artist, has collaborated with MAKE UP FOR EVER to create the official lip color for the Material Girl’s highly anticipated MDNA tour — new Aqua Rouge #8 in an iconic shade of red. Brooke, a beauty expert in her own right whose work has appeared in every major fashion magazine, approached MAKE UP FOR EVER after falling in love with their Aqua Rouge collection for fall 2012. Together, MAKE FOR EVER and Brooke created the ideal shade of red lip color for the tour.
Available in 12 shades from soft beiges to bold berries, Aqua Rouge’s double-ended tube provides highly pigmented color in two simple steps: first apply your favorite opaque shade using the applicator, and then top with the transparent gloss for a lacquered finish. Aqua Rouge was created for professional make up artists working backstage and on-set who desire products that need minimal touch ups.
Aqua Rouge provides waterproof, kiss-proof color that will not transfer. A combination of high molecular weight polymers and volatile oils lock color on the lips and provide full coverage, to guarantee ultra-long wear. The formula also boasts mica for intense color payoff, and a gelling agent for comfortable and effortless wear.
- #1 Nude Beige
- #2 Rosewood
- #4 Chestnut
- #5 Beige Brown
- #7 Pink Brown
- #8 Red
- #9 Burgundy
- #10 Raspberry
- #11 Dark Raspberry
- #13 Purple
- #14 Light Rosewood
- #15 Pink
Availability: August of 2012 @ Sephora, $24.00 each
5 Ocean-Inspired Eyeshadows
When I think of the ocean, I think of blue, green, and teal all merged into one. Depending on the depth and clarity of the water, you might a really smoldering blue, maybe something closer to blackened blue, and at other times, a beautiful translucent aqua blue. I could have easily chosen five more shades for this topic, LOL! There were so many amazing shades to choose from.
- Illamasqua Burst — matte blue-teal
- Le Metier de Beaute Midnight Sky — shimmering blackened blue
- NARS South Pacific — clear aqua blue
- MAC Freshwater — perfect medium blue
- Maybelline Tenacious Teal — silver-shimmered light-medium blue
What color best represents the ocean in your stash?
5 Beautiful Bronze Beauties to Celebrate the Olympics
You won’t feel like you’re settling for bronze with these–they’re brilliant, sumptuous, and oh-so-lavish.
- theBalm Betty Lou-Manizer — coppery bronze for plenty of shimmer and sheen
- Milani Caramel Brown — soft bronze with a frosted, metallic sheen
- China Glaze Harvest Moon — coppery bronze with strong shimmer
- Make Up For Ever #12 — rich coppery brown
- Bobbi Brown Beach — rose bronze shimmered gloss