Make Up For Ever HD Blush
Formulated with the perfect balance of oils, waxes, and powders, HD Blush combines the second skin look of a cream with the ease of a powder. Created for HD technology, this formula blends into skin with no visible texture for a truly natural flush of color. It’s completely weightless and can be worn over or under powder to flawlessly sculpt and highlight cheeks.
- 210 Cool pink
- 215 Flamingo pink
- 220 Pink sand
- 225 Peachy pink
- 310 Rosewood
- 315 Peach beige
- 320 English rose
- 330 Rosy plum
- 335 Fawn
- 410 Coral
- 415 Light rust
- 420 Indian rosewood
- 425 Brown copper
- 510 Raspberry
- 515 Tangerine
- 520 Black currant
Availability: Now @ Sephora
See more photos!
With Valentine’s Day just a couple of weeks away, it seemed only appropriate to make a list of pretty in pink shades. Whether you like pink on your lips, tips, cheeks, or eyes, I hope that you’ll find at least one shade to drool over. 🙂
- Clinique Plum Pop (04) — a cool-toned, plummy pink with a satin finish
- L’Oreal Always pearly Pink (756) — a light-medium, frosted pink with warm, yellow undertones
- Givenchy Rose Taffetas (201) — a light-medium, warm-toned pink with a luminous shine
- Illamasqua Harem — a cool-toned, pastel pink with hints of lavender
- Urban Decay Anarchy — a vibrant, cool-toned, fuchsia pink
- NARS Desire — a cool-toned, vibrant magenta pink with a mostly matte finish
- Revlon Adorned — an intense, bright fuchsia-red with shimmer
- Make Up For Ever #75 — a rich, hot pink with a matte finish
- Maybelline Pink Pop — blue-based, cotton candy pink with a soft, frosted finish
- Tarte Dollface — a cool-toned, light-medium pink with a satin finish
You know what I look forward to? Seeing some radiantorchideyes eyeliners. Those are few and far between, particularly for permanently available options. I also look forward to seeing some intensely pigmented, radiantorchideyes-hued matte eyeshadows–or at least, that’s my hope.
- Sugarpill 2AM Eyeshadow — a brightened magenta purple
- CoverGirl Blazing Purple (340) Flamed Out Shadow Pot — a pinky lavender with a pearly finish
- Fyrinnae Meerkat Eyeshadow — a gold shimmered pinky-lavender
- Urban Decay Fishnet Eyeshadow — shimmery pinky-purple with an iridescent sheen
- Make Up For Ever #26 Eyeshadow — go bold or go home, fuchsia-magenta
What are your favorite orchid-hued eyeshadows/eyeliners?
Not everything released in the past year was impressive, and some products were downright disappointing! When I worked on compiling this list, I thought about cringe-worthy products; ones that I can’t wrap my head around at all. These are products that truly disappointed me with their performance and quality. Every single brand mentioned below has products I love but not every product can be a winner.
- Make Up For Ever Technicolor Eyeshadow Palette — a brand famous for intense pigmentation yet this palette was released with sheer, chalky, powdery color galore
- Estee Lauder Steel Pure Color Stay-on Shadow Paint — how Estee Lauder managed to bungle a cream eyeshadow formula when there are several cult favorites within the ELC family is beyond me–and Steel was so, so intriguing
- Illamasqua ESP Lipstick — talk about a cool color done so poorly–dry, drying, and patchy
- Chanel Mystere (43) Eyeshadow Quad — a sheer, powdery, dry mess of an eyeshadow palette
- Laura Mercier Longwear Creme Eye Pencil — a new eyeliner formula that I tested and the majority of the shades were so sheer and stiff to work with
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Irresistible Shameless Bold Blush — an extremely poor showing for such a highly anticipated brand (and one that does have high quality formulas, just not this one)
- MAC Pastelluxe Veluxe Pearlfusion Eyeshadow Palette — I have no idea how this made it past teesting at all, let alone why MAC made the entire formula permanent from the very beginning (why didn’t that happen with Megametals? Those were awesome!)
- Sugarpill ElektroCute Neon Pigments — as much as I love Sugarpill, I was beyond excited for these and highly anticipated the release but was sorely disappointed with their performance
- Chanel True Blue (57) Stylo Yeux — one of the more painful eyeliners I’ve had tried
- Benefit Fine One One — disappeared after three hours and was difficult to apply; made my lips shrivel up and cry it was so drying as a lip product
What were the most disappointing beauty products you tried this past year?
One of my favorite colors of all-time is emerald green. It has so much depth, and I love that it can be cooler or warmer and be so, so different.
- Zoya Logan — a very cool-toned, glittering emerald green polish
- Milani Green Safari — an amazing emerald green cream eyeshadow that can be used as eyeliner or as a base
- Illamasqua Violate — because I can’t have a list that doesn’t include an emerald green lip color
- Zoya Holly — vibrant, warm-toned emerald green
- Make Up For Ever #80 — a smoky, slightly blackened emerald green eyeshadow