This August: New Aqua Rouge
Calling all lip color addicts. MAKE UP FOR EVER is adding another make up bag must-have to its award winning Aqua range – Aqua Rouge. This new collection of smudge-proof, high-impact liquid lip color delivers the intensity and long-lasting coverage of a lip stain, with the eye-catching shine of a gloss.
Gina Brooke, Madonna’s longtime make up artist, has collaborated with MAKE UP FOR EVER to create the official lip color for the Material Girl’s highly anticipated MDNA tour — new Aqua Rouge #8 in an iconic shade of red. Brooke, a beauty expert in her own right whose work has appeared in every major fashion magazine, approached MAKE UP FOR EVER after falling in love with their Aqua Rouge collection for fall 2012. Together, MAKE FOR EVER and Brooke created the ideal shade of red lip color for the tour.
Available in 12 shades from soft beiges to bold berries, Aqua Rouge’s double-ended tube provides highly pigmented color in two simple steps: first apply your favorite opaque shade using the applicator, and then top with the transparent gloss for a lacquered finish. Aqua Rouge was created for professional make up artists working backstage and on-set who desire products that need minimal touch ups.
Aqua Rouge provides waterproof, kiss-proof color that will not transfer. A combination of high molecular weight polymers and volatile oils lock color on the lips and provide full coverage, to guarantee ultra-long wear. The formula also boasts mica for intense color payoff, and a gelling agent for comfortable and effortless wear.
- #1 Nude Beige
- #2 Rosewood
- #4 Chestnut
- #5 Beige Brown
- #7 Pink Brown
- #8 Red
- #9 Burgundy
- #10 Raspberry
- #11 Dark Raspberry
- #13 Purple
- #14 Light Rosewood
- #15 Pink
Availability: August of 2012 @ Sephora, $24.00 each
5 Ocean-Inspired Eyeshadows
When I think of the ocean, I think of blue, green, and teal all merged into one. Depending on the depth and clarity of the water, you might a really smoldering blue, maybe something closer to blackened blue, and at other times, a beautiful translucent aqua blue. I could have easily chosen five more shades for this topic, LOL! There were so many amazing shades to choose from.
What color best represents the ocean in your stash?
5 Beautiful Bronze Beauties to Celebrate the Olympics
You won’t feel like you’re settling for bronze with these–they’re brilliant, sumptuous, and oh-so-lavish.
What’s your favorite bronzed-hued beauty product?
Celebrate the Olympics with 5 Silver Medal-Inspired Hues
Luckily, none of these picks are runner-ups–they’re just absolutely gorgeous takes on silver! (Because gold isn’t for everyone!)
What’s your favorite silver-hued beauty product?
Make Up For Ever @ Cia.Maritima / Getty Images
Make Up For Ever @ Miami Swim Week 2012 – The Looks & Giveaway!
MAKE UP FOR EVER was hard at work creating the looks at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami. To celebrate, we’ve teamed up with Make Up For Ever to host this amazing giveaway of their bestselling Aqua products that were used during the shows (valued at $186!).
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Backstage @ Cia.Maritima
Make Up For Ever Alliance artist, James Vincent, served as key make up artist for the Cia.Maritima fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami. James created an easy yet elegant look that would be suitable for either a chic beach day or an exquisite evening out.
- Face: James applied MAKE UP FOR EVER Face & Body Foundation to even out skin tone while keeping the coverage sheer. To give a glow that flushes through the skin, he used MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Blush #4 on the apples of the cheeks and MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Blush #6 at the high point of the cheekbones for warmth underneath the foundation. He finished by adding MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Bronze to any areas on the face that the sun would hit.
- Eyes: James kept the brows simply groomed and brushed MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Cream #13 in warm beige with a spoolie brush through them to create a beautiful ombre effect. For the lids, James applied MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Shadow #28E in pearly beige and #20E in pearly taupe, and finished with a touch of MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Powder #940 in the center of the eye for a soft and open look. For the lashes, he applied MAKE UP FOR EVER Individual Faux Lash #9 along the lash line and MAKE UP FOR EVER Smoky Lash #3 in deep brown to keep the look young and fresh.
- Lips: James used MAKE UP FOR EVER Lab Shine in sheer bright peach and pink shades to polish the pout.
See the rest of the looks and more photos! Continue reading →
5 Summery Peachy-Pink Eyeshadows
This is one of my favorite colors to wear! As someone with a warmer undertone, this type of color is flattering–it brightens, warms up, and looks (fairly) natural on. I can do a quick sweep on the lid, or I can incorporate it with other shades like golds, oranges, reds, and purples.
- Inglot #407 — fiery peachy-pink
- Make Up For Ever #153 — gold-shimmered peach-pink
- Lancome Kitten Heel — yellow-toned pink with peach shimmer
- MAC Expensive Pink — darkened warm pink with gold shimmer
- Urban Decay Scratch — soft peach-pink
What’s your favorite peachy-pink eyeshadow?