Make Up For Ever Aqua Matic Launches
Aqua Matic ($21.00)
Simplify your make up routine with an eye-catching new collection of smudge-proof color that stays put no matter where the day, or night, may take you. The latest addition to MAKE UP FOR EVER’S coveted Aqua family, new Aqua Matic is a range of long-lasting, glide-on eye shadow pencils created for make up pros and novices alike.
Aqua Matic was created for make up artists working in extreme environments as well as women wanting high performance make up they can wear every day. This glide-on eye shadow offers crease-proof, high-intensity color, with a lightweight finish making it a must-have for all, whether backstage, on-stage or in real life.
Aqua Matic’s ultra-gliding, creamy texture goes on smoothly and blends easily, providing immediate color payoff and an even result. An additional combination of Silica, Oils and Polymers create a flexible film that locks water out to guarantee long lasting, smudge-proof and crease-proof color.
Aqua Matic is available in 10 shades from neutral to vibrant with satin, metallic, diamond or iridescent finishes and is packaged in a convenient retractable pencil. Swipe your favorite color across your lid for a quick and easy look, or create a multicolored effect by layering on additional shades and blend with fingers or a brush.
- D-10 Diamond black
- S-60 Satiny warm brown
- D-12 Diamond golden grey
- I-90 Iridescent pop purple
- I-22 Iridescent electric blue
- I-20 Iridescent turquoise
- I-30 Iridescent lime green
- ME-50 Metallic golden taupe
- ME-54 Metallic pinky beige
- S-52 Satiny flesh-colored pink
Availability: Now @ Sephora
See more photos!
Here are some of my personal recommendations for cheek and face products to pick up while Sephora’s offering 15% off! Beauty Insiders use code TICKET, VIBs use code VIBTICKET, and Rouges use code ROUGETICKET. Feel free to share your recommendations for other readers to try!
- Clinique Cheek Pop (review) are so incredible, I can recommend every single shade without hesitation. Great texture, pigmentation, and not too pricey! (Pictured: Plum Pop)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush (review) are soft, lightly luminous blushes that are great for everyday wear. They’ve gone in and out of stock during the sale, so you might have to look in-store for them if they’re on your list. (Pictured: Ethereal Glow)
- Make Up For Ever HD Blush (review) are forgiving, easy-to-use cream blushes that wear well, come in a variety of shades, and have a great texture. (Pictured: #215)
- Guerlain Meteorites Pearls (review) is a fantastic way to add subtle glow and softening to the face after applying your favorite foundation, and they’re an indulgence to be sure! (Pictured: Clair)
- Givenchy Le Prisme Blush (review) is incredibly finely-milled, velvety, and smooth in texture, so the blush goes on evenly and looks natural on the skin. (Pictured: It-Girl Purple)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (review) might be “old news” now, but they’re products that can easily be used often and add soft luminosity to the skin. (Pictured: Luminous Light)
- Benefit Rockateur Box o’ Powder (review) is a sweet fix for a craving for rose gold.
- Illamasqua Blusher (review) is a lovely option for anyone looking for more satin and matte finish blushes. (Pictured: Lover)
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush (review) is a richly pigmented, long-wearing, silky-smooth formula. (Pictured: Sensous Rose)
- Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder (review) is a classic option for a finely-milled, silky-smooth, long-wearing bronzer. (Pictured: Moyen Brunettes)
I love purple eyeshadow! It’s such a great shade to use on the outer lid or crease when paired with golds, pinks, corals, and aquas. These are five of my current top picks for anyone on the hunt for a fun purple eyeshadow to try! (You can see them all here in the Swatch Gallery.) What are your favorites? What would you recommend to other readers?
- Sugarpill Hysteric — a sparkling, medium purple with warm undertones
- Urban Decay Flash — a light-medium, cool-toned purple
- Inglot #439 — a medium-dark, rich purple with a frosted finish
- Make Up For Ever #92 — a deep, vibrant purple with a matte finish
- Makeup Geek Duchess — a muted, cool-toned purple with a satin finish
With St. Patrick’s Day on the 17th, there was no way I could miss an opportunity to feature a few of my favorite green eyeshadows! Last week, I featured some bright greens, so this time around, I went for darker, smokier greens. What are your favorite green eyeshadows?