One question I get asked when there’s a new Artist Palette is what the overlap is, which is definitely not something I can keep in my head any longer (too many releases!). I’ve created a spreadsheet that you can access below that shows the entire shade range along with palette releases to-date and what shades are where, along with how often certain shades have appeared. I have also included the year the palette was released. For your reference, I’ve also included all shades that have appeared three times or more (at the time of publishing this post):
- I544 Pink Granite x5
- ME230 Peacock Blue x5
- ME512 Golden Beige x5
- D236 Lagoon Blue x4
- D652 Celestial Earth x4
- ME930 Black Purple x4
- D826 Fig x3
- D926 Blueberry x3
- I524 Pinky Beige x3
- I528 Pearl x3
- I550 Olive Gray x3
- I662 Amber Brown x3
- M100 Black x3
- M536 Milk Tea x3
- ME108 Steel x3
- ME122 Snow x3
Introduction to Make Up For Ever
I’m new to this brand. Where should I start?
What would you recommend to someone just trying Make Up For Ever for the first time?
Make Up For Ever Artist Palette Vol. 3 — Florals
A collectible, makeup palette with eight must-have Artist Shadow formulas and one blush in fresh, neutral, and softly colorful shades. The palette features easy-to-use, Artist Shadows with blush and eye shades for endless eye looks that range from beautifully natural to subtly bright. With its advanced gel-powder formula infused with ultrafine pigments, each shade leaves a smooth, even finish that leaves lids ultra-saturated with highly-blendable, lasting color. These shades are organized in trios so you can effortlessly create emerald, nude, and orchid looks. It includes an illustrated, step-by-step application techniques by MAKE UP FOR EVER’s founder and creative director, Dany Sanz, to help you sweep on a number of artist-inspired eye looks.
Long-time readers will probably find this no surprise… but I love emerald green when it comes to makeup! Whether it’s for nails, eyes, or lips. Here are 13 favorites — from deeper to brighter, warmer to cooler!
- Butter London British Racing Green — A Cool Green with a Pearl finish.
- Zoya Logan — A Cool Green with a Glitter finish.
- Kat Von D Iggy — A Cool Green with a Frost finish.
- Sephora Collection Go For a Ride — A Cool Green with a Pearl finish.
- Make Up For Ever ME304 Emerald — A Cool Green with a Frost finish.
- Milani Green Safari — A Warm Green with a Frost finish.
- Buxom Pre-nup — A Neutral Green with a Frost finish.
- Giorgio Armani Emeraude (04) — A Cool Green with a Satin finish.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Cosplay — A Cool Green with a Satin finish.
- Make Up For Ever D306 Bottle Green — A Warm Green with a Metallic finish.
- Urban Decay Kush — A Warm Green with a Frost finish.
- NYX Risque — A Cool Green with a Metallic finish.
- Colour Pop Empire — A Warm Green with a Metallic finish.
I bet you thought GOLD! was coming today, but I actually wanted to focus on pewter, which is kind of a mix of silver and gold, often with an antique, vintage, or “dirty” vibe to it. Pewter is a lot like taupe–it is hard to define, and it can be warmer or cooler (more golden or more silver). What are your favorites? I’m always in the market for a new shade of pewter!
- Colour Pop I Heart This — A Warm Pewter with a Metallic finish.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Patsy (164) — A Warm Pewter with a Metallic finish.
- Make Up For Ever D552 Crystalline Gray Beige — A Warm Pewter with a Frost finish.
- Revlon Rich — A Cool Pewter with a Metallic finish.
- MAC Antique Diamond — A Neutral Pewter with a Frost finish.