While I already wrote up my in-depth review on all of The Originals, I finally had the time to do some lip swatches! With that in mind, remember that the application is not always perfect as I merely apply for the sake of taking photos to share the color with everyone!
See all five lipglasses and ten lipsticks on my lips… Continue reading →
MAC Slimshines | February 2008
- Assertive Warm brown with golden pearl (Matte)
- Grenadier Deep blue-red coral (Cream)
- Intimidate Creamy plum (Cream)
- Missy Pastel coral (Cream)
- Rock Out Clear blue with gold pearl (Cream)
- Think Tan Deep brown with gold pearl (Matte)
- Voile Canary yellow with gold pearl (Matte)
- Repromotes: Bare, Cocoamour, Funshine, Gaily, Long Stem Rose, Lovey Dover, Most Wanted, Mousse, Pleasing, Prudeaux, Urgent!
Thanks to Google for alerting us when Polki updated with the latest info on the re-release of Slimshines! (It is so great to be asleep and see the alert in the morning, all the leg work is done, yes!) The launch of Slimshines will feature seven new shades as well as several relaunches (as per Specktra) of past shades. I am surprised Kissable wasn’t there, as I remember that was a fan favorite. Oh, well, I never use mine myself!
How do you feel about Slimshines? Did you love them before? Happy they’re returning?
LouLou Magazine clued us in with this awesome sneak peek at Heatherette, debuting March 27th!
One more photo… Continue reading →
Both Sculpt & Shape and Moisturelush launches are available for purchase on www.maccosmetics.com, as well as in-stores (and good luck to those who brave the post-Christmas shoppers!).
Additional information on the N Collection to be launched January 2008.
- Lipsticks: 1N, 2N, 3N, 4N, 5N
- Lipglasses: 1N, 2N, 3N, 4N
- Creamstick Liners: Cremola, SublimeCulture
- Eyeshadows: Nanogold (Lustre), Modest Tone (Satin), Neutral Pink (Satin), Rich Flesh (matte), Remotely Grey (Satin), Dark Edge (Matte)
- Paint Pots: Soft Ochre (Cream), Quite Natural (Cream), Groundwork (Satin)
- Technakohls: Graphblack, Brownborder
- Plushlash: Plush Black
- MSFs: Light Medium, Medium Plus, Medium Deep, Medium, Medium Dark, Dark
- MSFs: Warmed, Light Flush
- Nail Lacquer: N Colour (cream), Demi-Blanc (frost), Naturally Rich (Cream)
- Charged Water: Renewal Defense, Revitalizing Energy
- Brushes: 134, 187
Let me preface this review saying that I have not seen or played with the actual Sculpt & Shape collection due out the 26th. All of the sculpting and shaping powders have been available at PRO stores for a few months now, but they come separately either in pot or pan form, and they are the size of blushes.
OVERALL, the duos are a great opportunity to try out the sculpt and shape line without paying the price of individual pots. I feel confident in saying that I highly doubt I will ever hit pan on any of the full-size pans, except perhaps Sculpt, which is what I personally use to contour (which I do regularly). Nonetheless, you can also pick up a few of these, rather than trying to find one that matches your complexion. When going to check these out or order them, realize that they aren’t all about contouring or shaping the face. It is about highlighting the face, body, eyes, nose… these are multi-purpose tools to give the skin a sense of glow, sophistication, and enhance natural features. These are perfect for the upcoming spring season, which is embracing nudes, neutrals, and the natural look.
Check out product photos, and detailed reviews of the different shades included in this launch. Continue reading →