Amorous, Creme Allure, Totally Fab, Do It Up, Perfectly Unordinary, My Favourite Pink, Soft Dazzle, Luscious Spark, Sublime Shine
MAC Dazzleglass Creme Collection: Review, Photos, Swatches
MAC’s Dazzleglass Creme Collection features nine shades of their newest gloss formula–dazzleglass creme. The new formula is kind of like the pigmentation of a lipglass with the texture of cremesheen glass and the shimmer of dazzleglass. It’s non-sticky, fairly thick (but not overly so, just not thin or feels sheer like dazzleglass–more like cremesheen glass, but perhaps touch thicker) and doesn’t feel heavy, and the majority of the shades are more pigmented. I think they deliberately made some shades sheerer than others to offer customers variety, so I don’t knock the sheerer shades for lacking pigmentation.
- Amorous is a deep, rich red with subtle gold and red shimmer that applies semi-opaquely. I get a decent amount of color, but I still see my natural lip color peeking through, so it’s not 100% solid in color. It’s very holiday-esque to me.
- Creme Allure is a creamy, lightly shimmered hot pink that goes on semi-opaque with noticeably coloring and darkening of my natural lip color. The shimmer is almost a fuchsia-purple.
- Totally Fab is a orange-y red with slight gold sparkle and has a creamy look to it (like Creme Allure vs. Amorous). I found this one went on nearly opaque on my lips.
- Do It Up is a lighter, slightly more lemonade-y bright medium pink compared to Creme Allure (which has a bit of fuchsia tone to it). This one has a silvery sparkle and goes on semi-opaque.
- Perfectly Unordinary is a milky pale pink with pale gold sparkle. It looks milky on lips, but it does show up and pale down lips.
- My Favourite Pink is a slightly pinker, but still milky, shade compared to Perfectly Unrodinary, but it has a silver sparkle in it. It’s a little rosy in comparison. When going through the photos, I almost didn’t distinguish the differences between the two.
- Soft Dazzle is a softer, paler milky pink compared to Perfectly Unordinary but it has brighter and more shimmer (which is pale gold).
- Luscious Spark is an orangey coral with gold sparkle. It reminded me of a less sparkly, less red Lychee Luxe (with a less gritty texture). It applies semi-opaque with some color without being solid.
- Sublime Shine is a sheer, peachy-nude with golden shimmer. This is the sheerest shade of the nine, and it looks a lot like Bare Necessity in the tube, but I think it is actually peachier and has more color pay off.
I’m actually VERY pleased with the Dazzleglass Creme collection! I’d actually recommend checking these out if you enjoy dazzleglass or lipglass, because you get enough color and pigmentation that they’re not just sheer shimmery concoctions. They have a lot of the sparkle and oomph of dazzleglass but the intensity of lipglass. There are lots of shades to love, though there are a few that feel too redundant to really merit getting all nine (unless you’re addicted, like yours truly!).
Must-Haves: Amorous, Creme Allure, Do It Up, Luscious Spark
Nice-to-Haves: Perfectly Unordinary, Totally Fab
Skip: No need to get Perfectly Unordiniary, My Favourite Pink, AND Soft Dazzle — they’re SO similar!
- Product: 9/10
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 8/10
- Packaging: 8/10
Recommendation: If you like a gloss that’s not sticky, has lots of shimmer, and decent pigmentation, definitely try out a dazzleglass creme!
Availability: MAC Cosmetics
See more photos…