Wait, what? Oh, you know that meet&greet we had, well the PRO store launched FAFI! WAY EARLY! Here are swatches… I’m going to work on the review now, but I have a dinner at 7pm, so it might not be up til later tonight. I’ll do my best!
Check out the rest! Continue reading →
WWD has an article about the upcoming Fafi for MAC launch…
[Babier says] “Fafi wasn’t involved in developing the makeup, but her work inspired it. The idea, really, was a young-at-heart feeling – toned-down skin, a pretty, girly mouth and colorful eyes. The colors are playful with a sophisticated twist, and they’re sheer and buildable so you can control the effect.”
The collection – whose muse is “a nymphet with a Ph.D. in passion,” Gager said – includes six lipsticks, four Lipglasses, two eye shadow quads, six eye shadow Paint Pots, black eyeliner, two kohl pencils, black mascara and two blushes, as well as three Fafinette dolls, two makeup cases, a tote bag, a T-shirt and a scarf. Colors include blue-pink lipsticks and Lipglasses, dirty purple and bright aqua eye shadows and coral blushes.
Good news for collectors and fans: dolls and totes will be at freestanding stores, select Nordstroms, and online; scarves will only be available via MAC stores as well as online, while t-shirts will be an online exclusive. The online microsite for Fafi will go live February 11th. Fafi herself will appear February 13th 4-6 pm at Henri Bendel.
Sometimes the internet is a wonderful thing, isn’t it? I bring you these sneak peek photos of Dazzleglass, a new gloss formulation by MAC, slated for late April/May release from an eBay seller. These may or not be the official names, as they may be working names (temporary names that are sometimes later changed), but the seller is reputable and known for having products before launches from time to time, so it would appear that these are legitimate.
- Baby Sparks Hot, cool pink
- Steppin’ Out Hot bright pink
- Spanking Rich Dark fuchsia
- Pleasure Principle Shimmery white
- Sugarrimmed Cool shimmery pink
- Ms. Fizz Bright purple fuchsia
- Money, Honey Berry pink-red
- Love Alert Bright red
- Like Venus Shimmery purple
- Funtabulous Deep purple-blue
- Comet Blue Shimmery blue with purple undertones
- Bare Necessity Peachy with blue shimmer
- Date Night Shimmery maroon
- Glamour OD Coral red with shimmer
The seller mentioned there were thirteen shades in total, but I only caught eleven when I was viewing (guess others must have snatched up the other two auctions?).
Just beauty news I happened by this morning…
Max Azria Wants to do Beauty, too
- Max Azria (BCBG, Max Azria, Herve Leger, BCBGirls) is planning to get into the beauty and fragrance business in the future! He is currently meeting with different potential partners to help him develop the endeavors appropriately. Source
MAC on @ Backstage Beauty
- “This season, a big focus for product development is on skin. The M.A.C PRO Team will be sampling a new hydrating foundation with a unique cream gel technology, along with an innovative loose powder that are sure to become backstage staples. Also being tested backstage is a new lipstick formulation that delivers color, shine and moisture, with a buildable coverage. M.A.C aims to launch the products tested backstage to consumers in Winter 2008 or Spring 2009.” Source
Sephora in the UK again?
- “According to press reports, the LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton-owned perfumery has been in talks with Marks & Spencer with an eye to opening Sephora shop-in-shops. If that happens, it would mark Sephora’s return to the U.K. after it shuttered its nine perfumeries there in 2005.” Source
Sraight from the official Fafi website, Fafi will be touring internationally to help promote the new launch of her collaboration collection with MAC Cosmetics (aptly named Fafi). Here are the dates for MAC Fafi World Tour 2008:
- 2/13 at NYC at Bendel’s
- 2/16 at Singapore
- 2/22 at Milan
- 2/26 at Munich
- 3/1 at Copenhagen
- 3/6 at London
- 3/26 at Dubai
According to Fafi.net, Fafi will launch February 14th in the US and internationally March 2008. The three Fafinettes appearing on the boxes and products are Eriko, Monoka, and Ermine, all created specifically for the collaboration.
HUGE thank you to MAC Artist Jessica T. for giving us the heads up! Sounds like a fun, Hollywood-esque collection! Heatherette is a collaboration between the gurus behind Heatherette and MAC Cosmetics, and it is expected to launch March 27th, 2008. Get the details…
Continue reading →