SONIC CHIC | Mineralize Blush to break the style barrier: Screamingly chic, but soft, sheer, lightweight. Build continuous colour in superfine pearl with a soft shimmer. Enhance cheekbones, create planes and contours with the greatest of ease, in breakthrough baked particles applied with a quick, dome-tipped buffer brush. The fastest route to perfection yet is Ultra-Sonic.
Read collection details and see high res images of the products! Continue reading →
I recently purchased samples of the seven new pigments from MAC Overrich, and they finally arrived today! (Quite literally, five minutes or so!) You know I had to give you guys swatches right away!
So here are my quick thoughts on the seven colors:
- Blonde’s Gold is nice neutral-white kind of color with a touch of warmth in the form of bronzy-gold; it makes a great neutral base.
- Museum Bronze is a deep, metallic bronzy-gold color. I know in the swatch photo it looks rather bronzy, but I swear it seems more like an antique gold shade when I stare at on my hand (then again, the light by my desk isn’t the *best*). Anyway, gorgeous bronze color. It’s probably not a “must have” for everyone, but it is for me.
- Mega-Rich is a subdued coppery orange color. It’s not really like Coppersparkle, just because it has a subtle sheen, no over-the-top frosty shimmer/sparkle. I think it’s a bit more orange, too.
- Copperbeam is a rich copper-burgundy color; I see definite tones of earthy red mixed in. This is actually somewhat similar to Heritage Rouge — it’s distinctly different in a sense, but the two are close. This one has more red-brown to it; it reminds me of Antiqued eyeshadow, actually.
- Vintage Gold is a more antique version of Golden Olive (and less frost in its finish, more subtle sheen). Kind of like a dirty green with lots of gold pearl.
- Antique Green kind of reminds me of Deep Blue Green with more teal and gold in it (I am not saying it is a dupe for this color!!). Maybe a lighter version? The color is very much like a dirty green-teal color. It will be interesting to use this in a look.
- Heritage Rouge is a reddish purple–kind of like Cranberry eyeshadow. Like the others, this has a metallic sheen, but it isn’t too much, unlike some of the existing frost pigments. I think the texture and finish of these alone makes them worth checking out, even if you might have a possible dupe.
Check out swatches! Continue reading →
According to D Magazine, in a recent article on wedding makeup, MAC artists created looks using some upcoming products! They mentioned two Cremesheen lipsticks (Brave Red & Speed Dial), two Starflash Eyeshadows (Grand Entrance & Smoke & Diamonds), and Mineralize Blush in Merrily.
The look breakdowns are:
On face: MAC Prep + Prime Skin ($22), MAC Face and Body Foundation ($31), MAC PRO set powder in Porcelain ($21); on eyes: MAC Eye Shadow in Hepcat ($14), MAC Star Flash eye shadow in Grand Entrance ($14.50), MAC Eye Kohl in Prunella ($13.50), MAC Eye Shadow in Nehru ($14), MAC Eye Brows pencil in Lingering ($14), MAC Zoom Lash in Zoomblack ($11); on lips: MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Speed Dial ($14) and MAC Lipglass in Sonic Vibe ($14); on cheeks: MAC Blushcreme in Brit Wit ($17.50).
On face: MAC Prep + Prime Skin ($22), MAC Face and Body Foundation ($31), MAC PRO set powder in Porcelain ($21); on eyes: MAC Eye Shadow in Folie ($14), MAC Star Flash eye shadow in Smoke & Diamonds ($14.50), MAC Eye Shadow in Shroom ($14), MAC Zoom Lash in Zoomblack ($11), MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack ($15), MAC #20 lashes ($11); on cheeks: MAC Powder Blush in Pinch O’ Peach ($17.50) and MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl ($16.50); on lips: MAC Frost lipstick in Chic ($14) and MAC Satin lipstick in Myth ($14).
On face: MAC Prep + Prime Skin ($22), MAC Face and Body Foundation ($31), MAC PRO set powder in Porcelain ($21); on eyes: MAC Eye Shadow in Yogurt ($14), MAC Eye Shadow in Cork ($14), MAC Eye Shadow in Vapour ($14), MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack ($15), MAC Zoom Lash in Zoomblack ($11), MAC #36 lashes ($11); on cheeks: MAC Mineralize Blush in Merrily ($21); on lips: MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Brave Red ($14) and MAC Lip Pencil in Burgundy ($12.50).
You can see images for The Sophisticate and The Starlet! Continue reading →
Karla wanted to share these swatches with Temptalia readers! See four more… Continue reading →
Thanks to Temptalia supporter, Anna, for providing these descriptions! These are translated from another language, so they may not be exactly the same as the English descriptions, but I think they’re close enough so we can all start planning our hauls! See the product photos from earlier here.
- Creme Cerise Muted yellow
- Lightly Ripe Medium pink
- Russian Red Intensive cold red
- ‘O’ Intensive purple red with gold metallic sheen
- So Scarlet Pure burgundy
- Cherry Blossom Pure light pink with pearl
- Rich & Ripe Medium pinkish red with pearl
- Cult of Cherry Pure red with red pearl
- Liqueur Neutral bronze violet pink with pearl
- Jampacked Pure grape color with pearl
- Rapturous Deep berry red (Matte)
- Kirsch Deep cranberry (Matte)
- Chock Dark brown (Matte)
- Bing Dark aubergine (Matte)
- Silverstruck Silvery grey with pearl (Frost)
- Illegal Purple Cream dark aubergine (Cream)
Eyeshadow x 4 Spiced Chocolate Quad
- Nanogold Pure yellow pink with pink pearl (Frost)
- Brash Frosty red copper (Veluxe Pearl)
- Spiced Chocolate Dirty, deep reddish brown (Matte)
- Sweet Chestnut Frosty cranberry (Frost)
Eyeshadow x 4 Tempting Quad
- Next to Nothing Cream white with pink pearl (Frost)
- Sharp Light yellow gold (Satin)
- Dark Edge Muted chocolate brown (Satin)
- Tempting Deep cocoa (Lustre)
Eyeshadow x4 Shadowy Lady Quad
- Light Fall Muted pink (Satin)
- Smudge Violet Frosty, dark lavender with pearls (Frost)
- Deep Truth Very dark blue (Frost)
- Shadowy Dark plum (Matte)
You may have seen swatches, and you know what the color story is, but here are promotional images and product photos!
Thanks to reader Anna for the images!
Check them out Continue reading →