Luckily, I haven’t experienced any real trouble with the new Metal-X shadows, but I have heard plenty of those who have been unsure about their application, ease, and lasting power. Of course, this means I must enlist the help of an expert, and who better than Victor Cembellin, Senior MAC Artist, to guide us all?
Here are a couple of quick tips on how to play with the Metal X collection!
- With a unique ‘cream powder’ formula the Metal X colors may stand on their own as a metallic lid color (with little to no creasing) simple apply with a MAC #242 or #252 brush and pat across a bare eye lid.
- For an unbeatable intensity- use the Metal X colors as a base for any MAC eyes shadow on top make shadows perform like their on steroids J.
- Add glitter liners thinly on top of any perfectly applied fluid eyeliner to create a modernized 50′s cat eye. VERY CHIC.
- Using the litter gold and silver Metal X tones, apply sparingly to the high cheek bones for a beautiful ‘plastic’ effect on the skin.
- Use glitter liners sparingly below the eye to add interest and a unique spin on any eye make up application.
- Use glitter liner on the tips of any style of MAC lashes to create a diamond-like effect to the lash.
Hope these help some of you! Let me know what tips and tricks you’ve found that would really help others, too.
Overall, The Stylistics proves to be a very lovely, dazzling collection of pearls, baubles, and all-around classy packaging. Indeed, the packaging is incredibly reminiscent of last year’s Couture collection, with a few exceptions; obviously, the embellishments are different from last year’s, but instead of gunmetal, they’ve used a shiny, black metal instead. Last year’s held fingerprints like crazy, and over time, parts of my lipstick tubes have tarnished a bit. As a result, I have to say I like this year’s go-round better, because I always hated how easily you could see smudges on Couture’s packaging. The lipsticks are all luxuriously rich and pigmented, which makes them to-die-for. The lipglasses are lovely, but I’m not as stunned by them as I had hoped to be (I adore this formula – it’s sheer and yet adds so much dimension on top of any lipstick). I was 100% utterly disappointed in the Sheerspark Pressed Powders–they did not give me any pay off except for some chunky glitter. I’m personally wondering if perhaps too much oil had accumulated in the testers from customers, and it just made the product unusable, but we’ll see. I’ll ask at The Stylistics’ party tonight, just to get a clear answer!
See swatches, product photos, and the rest of our detailed review. Continue reading →
It’s that time, ladies and gents, The Stylistics has launched on the website! Remember, The Stylistics is only launching at freestanding and PRO stores–this collection will not be at counters, unfortunately.
For those buying online, share your hauls with me in the comment! And those who are waiting to go in-person on Thursday, what tempts you?
P.S. – I will be going to Valley Fair’s Stylistics party on Thursday evening, are any of you going? Let me know or at least say hi if you see me!
Overall, I found the texture and consistency of the new cream shadows to be heavenly–smooth and rich in color. These are not crease-resistant, at least not on their own, and perhaps with the right base and setting tools (shadows or maybe even Invisible Set) would be needed to optimize their lasting power. MAC Make Up Artist Paula advised to use these on the lid and brow, but avoid using it in the crease if you fear creasing problems. I’ve been given other tips like using a base underneath the new cream shadows or to ensure you pack on enough powder products (like shadows, for instance) to maximize staying power. The glitter liners were pretty, and a first for me (in person, at least), so I made sure to pick up one. I felt that the liners had good color payoff – they were clearly different colors when swatched. I only purchased Plum Electric & Pure Ore cream shadows and Blitzed glitter liner.
You can see what I had to say about individual colors, just Continue reading →
THE CULTIVATED NEW COOL OF 21ST CENTURY HEPCATS. WHEN IT COMES TO STYLE, DESIGN AND HIP, THEY’RE IN THE KNOW, THEY’RE THE TRUE JAZZ, CULTURE’S RAREST AND RICHEST PEARLS. ACT SMOOTH, BE SOFT BUT DIAMOND-SHARP SUPER COOL. THEIR PARADOX IS THE MYSTERY. THERE’S GLAMOUR IN THE JE NE SAIS QUOI. SELECT DISTRIBUTION AND MAC STORES ONLY.
Stylistics Lipstick $22.00
- In Vogue Neutral mid-tone brown + gold pearl (frost)
- Soft Pout Sheer pink peach
- Stylistic Vibrant yellow red (cream)
- The Scene Berry (cream)
Stylistics Lipglass $20.00
- Conversational Sheer creamy white + pink pearl (frost)
- Witty Intense red
- Tastemaker Deep wine red and gold
- Hyper Chic Neutral caramel brown (frost)
Sheerspark Pressed Powder $22.00
- Solitaire Beige and gold pearl
- Warm Ice Soft pink peach
- Pave Dirty pink and gold pearl
- Fashionette Berry and red and pink pearl
Sheer Mystery Powder $45.00
- Model Chic Warm beige
- Lighthearted Caramel
- Dark Secret Deep caramel
- 316 Stylistics Special Edition Brush $22.00
- 224 Stylistics Special Edition Brush $32.00
- 129 Stylistics Special Edition Brush $42.00
Stylistics Clutch $60.00
- Vintage-inspired evening clutch
Available November 21, 2007 available at exclusive MAC stores, 1.800.387.6707 and www.maccosmetics.com.
Continue reading →
A SIMPLE TRACE ELEVATED TO THE RICHEST, MOST OPULENT EXTREME FOUND IN THE CREAMY, COLOUR-RICH METAL-X CREAM SHADOW. AN AMALGAM OF PIGMENT, SHINE AND DIMENSION THAT THROUGH ITS INTENSITY, FORGES AN UNFORGETTABLE MELANGE. SOME WILL WEAR IT ON ITS OWN, BUT MAC METAL HEADS WILL WEAR IT AS IT’S INTENDED: WITH A SOPHISTICATED FINE LINE OF GLITTER.
Metal-X Cream Shadow Profile
A cream to powder metallic shadow that provides liquid metal effects. New combination of waxes allows superior blendability, and goes on smoothly. Build to high intensity with a one stroke application. Can be used on eyes, cheeks, brow bone, d’colletage. An extremely luxurious finish for eyes, cheeks and skin.
Metal-X Cream Shadow $16.50
- Virgin Silver White with silver pearl
- Pure Ore Metallic green gold
- Goldspice Metallic coppery gold
- Fusion Gold Light pinky beige with gold pearl
- Pink Ingot Mid-tone blue pink with gold pearl
- Metalblu Navy blue with silvery pearl
- Cyber Metallic silver with silver pearl
- 6th Sin Forest green with silver pearl
- Plum Electric Deep purple with red pearl
Glitter Eye Liner $16.50
- Blitzed Yellow gold with multicolour glitter
- Wonderwhite Silvery white with multicolour glitter
- Enbronze Deep brown with multicolour glitter
- Pewterpink Blue purple with multicolour glitter
- Lime Dandy Mid-tone yellow green with green glitter
Available November 21, 2007 at all MAC locations, 1.800.387.6707 and www.maccosmetics.com.
Continue reading →