MAC Cosmetics Dame Edna
Available December 26th, 2008
“Hello possums!” Dame Edna Everage is in the house! With her zesty zingers, over-the-top appearance – lilac hair (which she claims is natural), bedazzled specs, fanciful frocks – there’s nothing like a Dame! The alter ego of brilliantly wicked Aussie comedian, Barrie Humphries, and the resident muse for our post-holiday make up collection, Dame Edna thinks of herself as “probably the most popular and gifted woman in the world today: housewife, investigative journalist, social anthropologist, talk-show host, swami, children’s book illustrator, spin doctor, megastar and icon.” With packaging as mirthful and minx-like as the Legend herself, the Dame Collection of heavy-on-the-lilac Lipstick/Lipglass, Eye Shadow, Highlight Powder and Nail Lacquers is in a class by itself!
Get details… Continue reading →
Ice the competition. The temperature drops, predictability plummets, but a new beauty barometer sets the tone with light snowflake lips, twinkle shimmer shades with opalescent pearl. Cool neutral eyes suddenly combust, then go up in smoke, with new Penultimate Eye Liner for the deepest velvet black. New 41 Lash with criss-cross design for a luxe, longer look. Two Reflects Glitter for a limited time, a hot new cool. Just chill.
- Icescape Sheer pale pink with pink pearlized pigments
- Naked Frost Sheer taupe with silver pearlized pigments
- Frozen Dream Sheer cool mid-tone pink with pearlized pigments
- Snowscene Sheer white with multi colored pearlized pigments
- Arctic Grey Frost mid-tone gray (Satin)
- Wintersky Frosted neutral mid-tone pink (Veluxe Pearl)
- Apres-Ski Matte dark brownish gray (Matte)
- Mont Black Sparkly black with pearlized pigments (Velvet)
- Vellum Pale white duochrome with violet shimmer (Frost)
Penultimate Liner (Permanent)
- Rapidblack Rich, intense black
- Reflects Transparent Teal Shimmering white with turquoise (Currently being DCd)
- Reflects Antique Gold Shimmering antique flecked gold
See close-up of the Sheersheen powders opened up… Continue reading →
Want to see a really, really huge version of Petticoat? This close-up photo is for Petticoat fans!
See close-up photos of So Ceylon and Soft & Gentle mineralize skinfinishes… Continue reading →
See a close-up of Stark Naked beauty powder blush… Continue reading →
OVERALL, Sheer Minerals is a collection that will appeal to many. It has the coveted mineralize skinfinishes in Petticoat and So Ceylon, plus permament and newcomer Soft & Gentle. Several mineralize duos are back in action, though those aren’t really up my alley, despite looking so pretty when swatched. Sheer Minerals/Mineralize consists of a lot of mineral face products (foundations, powders, etc.) that will be permament. Some products will switch out as they release new ones (like the eyeshadows). I picked up the mineralize skinfinishes (this is probably my third time owning Petticoat–maybe I’ll keep it this time!) and the sheersheen powders. I already have several mineralize blushes, so I could pass on those! See swatches here!
Get the detailed reviews for each product… Continue reading →