OVERALL, Starflash is a new eyeshadow texture, and the collection brings out nine shadows for you to drool over. The Starflash texture is very much like the veluxe pearl texture, albeit with some frost thrown in. I felt like the neutrals had the best texture, because they went on smoothly and pigmented. I think most people will find at least one or two of these to bring home with them, because the colors are diverse. And yes, the kohl powers are back, and I sincerely expect every single one of you to get Feline if you don’t already have it. Okay, maybe not to that degree, but I love it dearly and hope you’ll try it out!
Check out individual product reviews… Continue reading →
Swatches from Lustre Twins! Unfortunately, my Nordstrom’s was missing two of them (Boss Brown/Slave to Pink and Gypsy Rose/Shimmer It) and $$$$$ Yes nail lacquer.
Check out the rest! Continue reading →
Swatches of the Starflash eyeshadows for your perusal! Review to follow.
See the rest!
Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics Lustre Twins Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolour | July 31st, 2008
Not just lip service, we nailed it too! Nine new shades of Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolour with new sheer-pigment topcoats and three Nail Lacquer partners. Glossed over a base that offers more long-life hours, and a super-scintillating sexual power! Lustre Twins can’t live without wach other. Codependent couture colour and shine is here.
Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolour
- Coco Lust/Sweet Sexy Base Coat : Deep red brown / Top Coat: Copper brown with gold pearlized pigments (Lustre)
- Red Flame/Orange Flicker Base Coat: Intense, bright yellow red/Top Coat: Bright yellow red with gold pearlized pigments (Lustre)
- Red Reflection/Mirror Base Coat: Beep berry magenta with pearlized pigments/Top Coat: Clear with white pearlized pigments (Lustre)
- Pink Air/White Top Base Coat: Light pink with pearlized pigments/Top Coat: Clear white with red and pink pearlized pigments (Lustre)
- Ripe and Ready/Soft and Lush Base Coat: Bright pink coral with gold pearlized pigments/Top Coat: Yellow pink with gold pearlized pigments (Lustre)
- Gypsy Rose/Shimmer It Base Coat: Berry red with gold pearlized pigments/Top Coat: White gold with multicoloured pearlized pigments (Lustre)
- Custom Rose/Pink Virtue Base Coat: Berry plum with pearlized pigments/Top Coat: Light blue pink with silver pearlized pigments (Lustre)
- Boss Brown/Slave To Pink Base Coat: Chocolate bronze with pearlized pigments/Top Coat: Champagne neutral with pearlized pigments (Lustre)
- Alta Moda/Hip Love Base Coat: Deep blackened red/Top coat: Deep plum with red pearlized pigments (Lustre)
- $$$$$ Yes Metallic silver foil (Frost)
- Perplexing Deep blue purple (Frost)
- Firehouse Bright chrome red (Frost)
I think anybody who was poo-pooing this launch because of all the repromotes/permanent items will at least be tempted to buy these just for the packaging – because it erally does look fun, stylish, and pretty different from past LE packaging. What do you think?
See a few more product shots! Continue reading →
Do you have a “dream list”? I keep a list of MAC products I’d LOVE to buy, but I just haven’t (for assorted reasons – from budgeting/price to forgetfulness to all of the LE launches). When I hit up Nordstrom’s on Friday, my boyfriend tagged along and said he wanted to check out the new iPhone at the Apple store, but he ended up going to MAC and surprising me with several products from my “dream list.”
In my surprise gift:
- Brush Cleanser
- Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (in Medium Plus)
- Mineralize Blush in Merrily
- Fluidlines in Blue Peep, Rich Ground, and Shade
- Mineralize Eyeshadow in Polar Opposite
- Lipglass in Nymphette
- Lipstick in Fast Thrill
- Select Tint SPF 15 Foundation (NC35)
- Brushes: 188, 189, 208, 239 (x2), 266
What’s on your “dream list”?