OVERALL, Naughty Nauticals releases something that will probably tickle your fancy–from the pigments to the pop of red lipstick to the duochrome lustreglass. My favorites from this launch were Loveknot lustreglass, Port Red lipstick, Illegal Cargo eyeshadow, and Mutiny pigment. Anyone who loves pinks for lips should be sure to take a peek at Loveknot and Ensign lustrglasses, and all of the lipsticks (except Port Red) are pink-based.
The Stowaways quad is worth a look, but I think those who don’t have access shouldn’t fear that it is a huge must-have quad!
Skinsheen was out, and the sprays look like typical summer self-tan sprays (I didn’t try it out as I didn’t want to just have a blotch of tan on my arm, ha). I adored the body brush, though; it is so thick and lush and luxurious. I really want it, but it is a bit pricey, and I’m not entirely sure what I would be using it for!
What did you think about the launch? What were your favorites? What’d you get, and what did you wish you could get?
Check out detailed reviews of each product, as well as swatches and product photos! Continue reading →
NAUGHTY NAUTICALS is now available online! It will be available in US & Canada May 1st. There’s a cute little video up, as well as coordinating looks for the collection. Skinsheen is also available for those who have been looking forward to that. By the by, use free shipping code “DAZZLE” at checkout, good through May 11th (just in time for Mother’s Day, ha!).
Here’s my favorite of the Naughty Nauticals’ looks, “Ensign”… What’s yours?
With Naughty Nauticals only four days away (!), I was inspired to hunt around for some sailor-esque outfits and ideas (and I really wanted an excuse to window shop). Do you ever do theme makeup and then make your outfit correspond? The theme of Naughty Nauticals is obviously nautical, so lots of blues and the like, so would you also opt for an outfit in the same vein? I know that I’m particularly excited over the new pigments Bell Bottom Blue & Mutiny, so you can expect to see some blues from me in the future!
So, what are you planning to get in your Naughty Nauticals haul? What are you “for sure” getting, and what will you have to see before you decide?
I’ll be for sure getting all of the pigments (well, not Lovely Lily–have that already)!
Naughty Nauticals is still a few days away for most of us (May 1st), but I know some of you will be heading to unveilings this Sunday, and some of you have already sneaked peeks at it! Here’s a close-up shot of Mutiny pigment to get your engine started, plus Debbie shared a TON of swatches with us earlier this month @ the forums. Keep your swatches coming either by emailing me at [email protected] or posting them on the forum!
Check out one more swatch… Continue reading →
OVERALL, Dazzleglass introduces sixteen wearable shades of ultra high gloss/sheen lipgloss that’s bound to, ahem, dazzle. It’s great that MAC introduced so many at once just for the fact that you’re bound to be drawn to at least one or two of them! The consistency is thicker than lustreglass, maybe even as thick or thicker than lipglass, but with less stickiness than lipglass (though they still felt a little tacky to me). The glitter doesn’t feel particularly gritty in the swatch, though I personally felt that as they wore away through the day that some did feel gritty. After playing with them a bit, it really does seem like these are colored glosses mixed with reflects glitters–the new ones, the ultra finely milled ones. The texture of the glitter in these is nearly identical to reflects glitters (again, the newer ones that are finely milled). The packaging for this is larger than either lipglass/lustreglass, but it is not a glass tube as far as I could tell–it sounded and felt like plastic (nor were they very heavy), but they are kind of like test tubes. If you love super high reflecting glosses… check these out! They really do look amazing on lips, especially in sunlight (looks like shimmering water!).
- Pleasure Principle is the sheerest of the sixteen Dazzleglasses, primarily because it’s intended to be a very sheer, semi-clear glossy color. Cute to put on top of colors!
- Sugarrimmed is similar to Pleasure Principle, but it’s more of a white with pink undertones in it.
- Bare Necessity is a pale peach color with great iridescence/reflection. If you have paler lips, this would be a great beachy/summery color.
- Baby Sparks is a baby pastel pink with cool reflects, and I see this one being quite popular.
- Rags to Riches is a soft pastel mauvey-pink kind of color with multi-colored reflects.
- Get Rich Quick is a warm brown with pink reflects that is more wearable than you’d think.
- Money, Honey is a darker medium pink with equivalent reflects that go pink and fuchsia-purple. This one stood out the most to me in terms of something I’d wear often.
- Date Night is a dark berry color with a burgundy tone and pink reflects. Very pretty and suited to its name.
- Steppin’ Out is a brighter baby pink than Baby Sparks with warm tones, so I think those who’ve been wanting a light pink gloss will find either or both suitable for them.
- Love Alert is a pink-fuchsia that’s fairly bright, but as the Dazzleglasses are all fairly sheer, it’s wearable.
- Glamour O.D. is a warm pink with coral undertones and pink reflects. It’s a cute color.
- Spanking Rich is a darker pink with peach-berry undertones with multi-colored reflects.
- Like Venus is surprisingly pretty, very much a light purple-pink with light pink reflects. I was tempted by this one!
- Funtabulous is a bright fuchsia-purple color with cool purple reflects. Like Love Alert, it looks quite bold when swatched.
- Ms. Fizz is a medium pink with purple undertones – similar to Steppin’ Out except it does have that purple-fuchsia dimension to it.
- Comet Blue is a cool blue with a little bit of gray undertones. It’s not straight blue, nor pastel blue, but a mix.
See more swatches… Continue reading →
Naughty Nauticals | May 1st, 2008
The ship’s in port and she’s out cruising for romance. Her looks: uniformly chic, superbly shipshape through an alluring fleet of pinks, corals, reds bell-bottom blues, the deepest, bluest, navy Nail Lacquer seen this side Marseilles. In style anddesire, poised, perfect ready for her evening cruise.
Check out official promo photos and details! Start planning your haul!
FYI – I spoke with Valley Fair freestanding, and Dazzleglass launches tomorrow, the 24th, according to the manager. Naughty Nauticals is still slated for May 1st. There are some stores doing an early unveiling this Sunday, the 27th, though, including Hillsdale Mall. Continue reading →