TEMPERATURES SIZZLE, BUT THE PERFECT BALANCE LIES WITHIN REACH. COOL HEAT. NOT AN OXYMORON: SUMMER’S CHILLEST LOOK. FIVE SLIMSHINE LIPSTICKS, SEVEN EYE SHADOWS, AND TWO SKIN-COOLING FRAGRANCES: SUMMER’S FAVOURITE TURQUATIC, AND INTRODUCING ITS SISTER SHADE, TURQUATIC HEAT. SOME LOOKS ARE TOO HOT FOR SUMMER TO HANDLE BUT NOT COOL HEAT. FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR, IT FEELS JUST RIGHT.
- Tropic Glow Blue pink with silver pearl (frost)
- By Degrees Neutral brown pink (frost)
- Gentle Summer Light clean yellow pink with white pearl (frost)
- High 90′s Clean pink orange (frost)
- Swelter Sheer clean red (frost)
- Solar White Frosty muted white gold (frost)
- Warming Trend Frosty light taupe (veluxe pearl)
- Warm Chill Frosty seafoam green with gold pearl (frost)
- Gulf Stream Frosty mid-tone blue green with green pearl (frost)
- Cool Heat Frosty teal with multi-dimensional pearl (frost)
- Climate Blue Mid-tone violet blue with pink pearl (velvet)
- Blue Flame Dirty metallic navy blue (veluxe pearl)
- Hue: Tuquatic Keynotes: Lotus Leaves, Corsican Cedrat, Anemone, Orris and Blue Cedar
- Hue: Turquatic Heat Keynotes: Cedrat saturated with the clear effervescence of Mineral Water, Lotus Flower, Opulent Orris, Jasmine and Tiare Soul.
Available June 2008.
See more photos… Continue reading →
The point between love and lust is this succulent, tender, and eat-me as all bon-bon-tinted lip balm. Six new, four popular bring-backs. All of them sheer, satiny, sun-protective and moisturizing. Some richly tinted to provide summer’s deepest sexiest stain. Others deliciously and lightly cotton candy. Delicately strawberry-kiwi-flavoured.
Tendertones Lip Balm SPF12
- Tread Gently Soft lime green with yellow pearl
- E-Z Baby Sheer milky pink
- Honey Bare Rosy blue pink with white and gold pearl
- Hot n’ Saucy Soft cherry red
- Sweet & Nice Sheer red grape with red pearl
- Take A Hint Sheer peach with white pearl
- Hush, Hush Sheer gold with yellow gold pearl
- Sweet Tooth Sheer coral with white pearl
- Pucker Sheer berry with red pearl
- Deep Sigh Sheer grape brown with red pearl
Suggested Retail Price: $14.50 US/$17.50 CDN. Available June 2008 at all MAC locations, 1.800.387.6707 and www.maccosmetics.com.
Check out more photos… Continue reading →
OVERALL, Solar Bits are intriguing, and I think people have to play with them before they can decide they like them–they do seem fairly loose and chunky, which makes them difficult to work with. I intend to try a look today using Black Ore, so we’ll see how that goes. My store didn’t have the mask (I don’t think it’s launching, unfortunately!), and I couldn’t locate the Exfoliator, either. Besides, it’ll be hard to judge just by looking–can’t really swatch skincare! The lip exfoliator is fun, though, and it’s meant to be used as a whole, not half a side at a time. It really does make your lips feel ultra smooth and conditioned! (You can see more swatches of Solar Bits here!)
Check out detailed reviews of each Solar Bit and the Bronzing Powders… Continue reading →
OVERALL, Neo Sci Fi is much more impressive than the initial addict reaction made it seem. I think many people were thrown off (or turned off) by the bright orange packaging, and it definitely felt like there were plenty who were writing the entire launch off. I have to disagree, because I think this collection comes out with many wearable colors that are fun and friendly to consumers as a whole.
Have we seen some of these colors before? Yes, probably, most likely. But at the same time, there are some great colors that haven’t come out or haven’t been out in awhile. I think as dupe-able as some of the shadows are (three of the five), they still make amazing combinations together.
I originally thought I would love the blushes, but they were just so-so to me. Pretty, but I didn’t feel like I had to get them right away, you know? I’ll give myself some time to think about what else I want. The lipglasses had three repromotes, so those could have been more exciting.
The neon orange packaging (truly, day-glo construction orange) didn’t turn me off as I thought it would. It was just kind of sleek and fun. I admit, I’d have loved to see the orange packaging in October and MAC rocking a terrifying Halloween-esque collection, but alas, we get it now.
All in all, I walked out with Evening Aura, Femme-Fi, Sci Fi Delity, Supreme, and Black Ore (more out of curiosity than “omg, I have to have this!”). What did you get? What were your favorites?
Make sure you check out the swatches here.
Read my detailed review for each product… Continue reading →
Here are some swatch photos to keep you on the edge of your seats! Remember, we totally welcome YOUR swatches of the latest MAC launches, too. Post them in the comments or email them to [email protected]. Or post them on our forum!
There are fourteen more for you to see… Continue reading →