MAC To the Beach Collection — Eyeshadows Review, Photos, Swatches
To the Beach will see the launch of five eyeshadows–three limited and new and two permanent–ranging from a much yellowed green to a peach to a teal.
- Sweet & Punchy is a very, very yellowed chartreuse green. It’s pretty much a dead ringer for Rated R, which came out a year ago. It’s not really like Lucky Green (so much more yellow!).
- Shimmermoss is a darkened aqua-teal with a frosty sheen. It’s part of MAC’s permanent line, and it’s definitely one of my favorite eyeshadows, too. It’s a shade I think everyone who loves colors and MAC should own. If you depot your products or don’t care about the special packaging, you can snag it in pan form and save a few bucks.
- Humid is a darkened green with a yellow undertone and slight golden sheen. Like Shimmermoss, it’s a permanent shade, but it’s a classic shade, too. It’s soft, smooth, and has great color pay off. Humid is a must for green fiend like myself!
- Firecracker is an oranged-coral-red. It’s not a red, and it’s not a coral, but it’s a mix of all of that. It has a soft frost sheen and packs a good amount of color. Looks fab paired with Sweet & Punchy! I don’t think it’s really similar to Hot Hot Hot.
- Sand & Sun is a matte peach-nude. I wasn’t impressed by this, because I really had to layer on about ten layers to get it to show up on my skin tone. I tried it over a shimmery base later on, and it barely showed up. To me, this is barely there not done very well–I don’t want to have to jab my brush in there ten times just to have something to show for all that effort.