Lollipop Loving Lipstick
Here are lip swatches of Sugarsweet’s lip products!
- Bubbles is a bit frosty, and it isn’t a creamy finish, so it can skip or leave blotches behind. It gives decent color, and ideally this is worn with other lipsticks and glosses.
- Lollipop Loving is frosty and feels like a lustre or glaze. It’s mostly opaque, though a couple of coats will be required on more pigmented lips.
- Saint Germain is very creamy, and the color itself is quite opaque. You can do one light swipe of the lipstick to get a more toned down version of the color, or you can use two or three coats for an application as pictured.
- Sweet Thing is a shimmery glaze texture. It has decent color pay off, and it does brighten up lips.
- Touch is creamy with a subtle sheen in its finish. The color is rich, and it darkens lips to a neutral tone.
- Consume Me is thin, non-sticky to just slightly tacky. It’s virtually colorless.
- Just Dessert is tinged a milky pink, but it still comes out quite colorless on my lips.
- Simply Delicious is one notch above Just Dessert–a little pinker.
- Tasty is the pinkest, though still not rich in color.
- Triple-Yum has the most noticeable color difference, as the gold/bronze shimmer stands out.
Most pigmented: Lollipop Loving, Saint Germain, Sweet Thing, Touch
So-so: Bubbles, Tasty, Triple-Yum
Colorless: Consume Me, Just Dessert, Simply Delicious
See the rest of the swatches! Continue reading →
Product photos for MAC Sugarsweet! Continue reading →
Overall, MAC Sugarsweet Collection brings back shadesticks and some old favorites, but I don’t feel it has created any new favorites. The shadesticks are creamier this go-round, and they do feel a little softer. While I have always appreciated the original shadesticks for their color pay off, I just never loved the feel of them on my eye lid, so I had to pass them along to friends. I am looking forward to trying out the newer, creamier versions!The packaging on the shadesticks is nicer, too — almost a slick, shiny plastic casing.
What did you think of MAC’s Sugarsweet collection? What are you loving/hating? Tell me in the comments!
Neither the lipsticks or the tricolour lipglasses really grabbed my beauty-strings–there are a few that caught my eye, but nothing that caused my heart to speed up, you know? I am personally not a fan of sheer glosses, which is why the tricolour lipglasses aren’t up my alley either. The eyeshadows are so-so; they all have decent color pay off and texture, but none of limited colors screamed “must have!” I do think the finish of the mineralize skinfinishes is improved over the last few that have come out; there doesn’t seem to be any large, chunky shimmer–much more refined and subtle so it gives you a gentle sheen over a wallop of shimmer.
Must-Haves: Lollipop Loving, Stars ‘n Rockets, Butternutty, Red Velvet, Peppermint Patti
Nice-to-Haves: Saint Germain, Sweet Thing, Simply Delicious, Tasty, Aquavert, Cakeshop
Skip: Consume Me
Get in-depth reviews on each of the items from this collection! Continue reading →
Row 1: Cakeshop, Lemon Chiffon, Butternutty, Penny, Red Velvet
Row 2: Bubbles, Lollipop Loving, Saint Germain, Sweet Thing, Touch
Swatches for MAC’s Sugarsweet Collection! Continue reading →
Some MAC iPhone Wallpapers for ya See more… Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics Sugarsweet Collection
Launch Date: March 19th, 2009 (North America), April 2009 (International)
Who cares if the candy man can… it’s the cupcake ingenue who’s caught the sweet spot this season. Temptation is everywhere – luscious, whipped-cream decadent, deliciously decorative frosting colours and sugared almond combinations. Like peering through the window of a Parisian patisserie, you’ll want to become one of each! Have fun with a new Red Velvet recipe Shadestick. Tricolour Lipglass is like a mille feuille of layered lip gloss colours, each gives way to the next in a triple-layered pearl-swirl of prettiness; add extra yum to Eye Shadow; Perfect Topping Mineralize Skinfinish is the ultimate cake walk. We could eat you up.
- Sweet Thing Mid-tone magenta with multi dimensional pearl (Lustre)
- Bubbles Sheer frosty white beige (Glaze) (Repromote)
- Touch Peachy cinnamon (Lustre) (Permanent)
- Lollipop Loving Mid-tone coral with subtle green and gold iridescence (Glaze) (Repromote)
- Saint Germain Pastel pink (Amplified Creme) (Repromote, Perm international)
Tricolour Lipglass ($17.50)
- Tasty Top Sheer blue pink with reflects, Middle Mid-tone blue pink with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Dark creamy red pink
- Just Dessert Top Sheer yellow pink with reflects, Middle Mid-tone yellow pink with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Mid-tone creamy yellow pink
- Simpy Delicious Top Sheer peach with reflects, Middle Pale coral with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Creamy mid-tone coral
- Triple-Yum Top Sheer gold with gold reflects, Middle True gold with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Mid-tone bronze
- Consume Me Top Sheer white with reflects, Middle Pale mint with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Creamy light peach with pearlized pigments
- Sugarshot Pale frosty beige (Lustre)
- Dear Cupcake Mid-tone pink coral with gold pearlized pigments (Satin)
- Aquavert Soft mint with white pearlized pigments (Veluxe Pearl) (Repromote)
- Stars n Rockets Lavender with red/pink reflects (Veluxe Pearl) (Permanent)
- Club Muted reddish brown duochrome with green opalescent shimmer (Satin) (Permanent)
- Cakeshop Frosted light neutral beige
- Butternutty Frosted pale white gold
- Lemon Chiffon Frosted pewter
- Red Velvet Frosted mid-tone pink
- Penny Light pinky copper (Repromote)
Mineralize Skinfinish ($27.00)
- Perfect Topping Pink/peach/lavender melange
- Refined Tan/peach/coral melange
Nail Lacquer ($11.00)
- Peppermint Patti Creamy mint green (Cream)
- Seasonal Peach Creamy pale peachy pink (Cream)
See product photos… Continue reading →