MAC Cosmetics Sugarsweet Collection
Launch Date: March 19th, 2009 (North America), April 2009 (International)
Who cares if the candy man can… it’s the cupcake ingenue who’s caught the sweet spot this season. Temptation is everywhere – luscious, whipped-cream decadent, deliciously decorative frosting colours and sugared almond combinations. Like peering through the window of a Parisian patisserie, you’ll want to become one of each! Have fun with a new Red Velvet recipe Shadestick. Tricolour Lipglass is like a mille feuille of layered lip gloss colours, each gives way to the next in a triple-layered pearl-swirl of prettiness; add extra yum to Eye Shadow; Perfect Topping Mineralize Skinfinish is the ultimate cake walk. We could eat you up.
- Sweet Thing Mid-tone magenta with multi dimensional pearl (Lustre)
- Bubbles Sheer frosty white beige (Glaze) (Repromote)
- Touch Peachy cinnamon (Lustre) (Permanent)
- Lollipop Loving Mid-tone coral with subtle green and gold iridescence (Glaze) (Repromote)
- Saint Germain Pastel pink (Amplified Creme) (Repromote, Perm international)
Tricolour Lipglass ($17.50)
- Tasty Top Sheer blue pink with reflects, Middle Mid-tone blue pink with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Dark creamy red pink
- Just Dessert Top Sheer yellow pink with reflects, Middle Mid-tone yellow pink with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Mid-tone creamy yellow pink
- Simpy Delicious Top Sheer peach with reflects, Middle Pale coral with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Creamy mid-tone coral
- Triple-Yum Top Sheer gold with gold reflects, Middle True gold with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Mid-tone bronze
- Consume Me Top Sheer white with reflects, Middle Pale mint with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Creamy light peach with pearlized pigments
- Sugarshot Pale frosty beige (Lustre)
- Dear Cupcake Mid-tone pink coral with gold pearlized pigments (Satin)
- Aquavert Soft mint with white pearlized pigments (Veluxe Pearl) (Repromote)
- Stars n Rockets Lavender with red/pink reflects (Veluxe Pearl) (Permanent)
- Club Muted reddish brown duochrome with green opalescent shimmer (Satin) (Permanent)
- Cakeshop Frosted light neutral beige
- Butternutty Frosted pale white gold
- Lemon Chiffon Frosted pewter
- Red Velvet Frosted mid-tone pink
- Penny Light pinky copper (Repromote)
Mineralize Skinfinish ($27.00)
- Perfect Topping Pink/peach/lavender melange
- Refined Tan/peach/coral melange
Nail Lacquer ($11.00)
- Peppermint Patti Creamy mint green (Cream)
- Seasonal Peach Creamy pale peachy pink (Cream)
See product photos… Continue reading →
MAC Colour Ready Collection
Launch Date: April 2nd, 2009 (North America), April 2009 (International)
- Show Orchid Vivid hot pink (PRO)
- Impassioned Amped up fuschsia (Perm)
- Bitter Vivid bright golden green flecked with shimmer (Perm)
- White Frost Vivid bright white with icy shimmer (Perm)
Penultimate Eye Liner ($16.50)
Eye Brows ($14.50)
- Stud Deep rich blackened brown (Perm)
Prep + Prime Line Filler ($19.50)
Prep + Prime Line Filler is a targeted deep wrinkle filler with long term skincare benefits that uses a unique technological breakthrough. Line Filler plumps and smoothes skin and drastically reduces the appearance of wrinkles and expression lines. A combination of Gatuline Expression™ and Argireline work together to relax the appearance of facial tension and expression lines, as well as boost the skin’s natural collagen production. Line Filler produces immediate results, but will also help eliminate the appearance of expression lines with continued use. The product is designed to be used under or over makeup and can also be used to touch up throughout the day.
Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone ($19.50)
Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone is a partial primer designed for use in the T-Zone. This lightweight, oil-free, soy-based emulsion instantly helps minimize visible pores while helping to control excess surface oil and shine. MAC employs High Tech Optics, an advanced technology powder and light diffusers to fill in lines. The result: an invisible, natural-looking, long-lasting matte finish that also helps keep pores clean, clear and unclogged. It mattifies and hides imperfections using advanced powders and microspheres while a Mannose-Phosphate blend gently exfoliates away dead cells giving the skin a more youthful look and silica particles absorb oil. In addition to immediately minimizing pore appearance and shine, 24% experience an increased luminosity and clarity of the skin. Additionally, clinical tests show that over time, the Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone reduces the appearance of clogged pores and shrinks the appearance of pores to nearly two-thirds of its original size.
Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder ($21.00)
Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder is not your usual translucent powder. With a virtually invisible feather-light, silky colorless application, the powder both reduces shine and maintains radiance due to a finely milled formula of corn starch, silica and micronized mica. Though it was designed to set and stabilize makeup, it can also be worn alone over moisturizer for a natural and radiant complexion. It was also a huge hit backstage during fashion week and was used at nearly every major show including Zac Posen, Badgley Mischka, Stella McCartney, Behnaz Sarafpour, Alberta Ferretti and Giles.
- 129SH All-purpose for blush or face powder. This brush is particularly good for blush application. The fibers are soft and form a full, rounded shape.
See product photos… Continue reading →
OVERALL, the Mineralize Blush Duos are very similar to the mineralize blushes in terms of texture/smoothness, but these are definitely a little more on the shimmery side. The marbelized half of the duo is similar to mineralize skinfinishes, and some of them run chunkier in the glitter particles than others. I’d almost say that, in some aspects, the marbelized side is more of a highlighter while the mono side is where the color is packed. However, some of the duos do have fairly pigmented marbelized sides, so don’t think I’m telling you to only use it one way! These are very multi-tasking products, use them as you please One thing to note is with baked products, you can use them wet or dry without worrying about destroying the product itself (like you might with a regular powder eyeshadow).
I was not particularly impressed or wowed by any of the duos, though they sure look pretty. I think if you liked the first mineralize blushes and you’re into mineralize skinfinishes, you should definitely check them out. For me, none of the shades grabbed me as “OMG FREAKOUT!!$!@#”, you know? The closest color that did that for me was Light Over Dark, though! Is anyone else a little sad about how mineralize blushes are domed? No way I can depot these babies (aside from the fact that they’re ultra fragile!)–I just know they’re going to end up in a bin after a few weeks. I guess this urges me to depot a bunch of blushes so maybe they’ll fit in my blush container, ha!
Must-Haves: Grand Duo, Light Over Dark
Nice-to-Haves: Love Rock, Moon River
Skip: Intenso (if I had to pick one…)
Individual product reviews await! Continue reading →
Earth to Earth, Grand Duo, Hot Planet
Swatches for the new Grand Duos Mineralize Blush Duos! All swatches are of marbelized side first, then the solid side next to it on the right. If you want to see photos, please refer to this post.
Come see lots of swatches! Continue reading →
Earth to Earth
Close-ups of the Grand Duos mineralized blushes Continue reading →
Earth to Earth
MAC Grand Duos Collection debuts tomorrow in-store, but it was launched online just yesterday. Looks like lots of you are heading to stores tomorrow to check the collection out, while a few will be passing in lieu of Sugarsweet on March 19th. Here are some product photos to get you thinkin’ Next up will be product close-ups and swatches. Review tonight or tomorrow!
Continue reading →