MAC Cosmetics Style Warrior Collection
Emerging from every corner of the glamorous globe, a new Style Warrior. Made to celebrate the cross-cultural sophistication of the modern Amazon Princess, African Queen, Crouching Tigress…
Never before have we seen the “Wild Things” of the world come together in quite so many bold new combinations. Introducing a dramatically different and deliberately diverse colour story, an eclectic and expressive way to exalt and admire the strength and solidarity of beauty with no barriers. A selection of all-over summer bronzing shades for Lips, Cheeks, Eyes, Nails, featuring the innovation of Impassioned, Bronzescape and Scatterrays Solar Bits – sunbursts to unleash the animal in every woman. All exotically packaged in stylized zebra and leopard prints to keep it wild and free – the way it always ought to be.
Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Sunsational Sheer frosted beige gold
- Brave New Bronze Creamy mid-tone pink nude
- Purple Rite Mid-tone frosty orchid
- Tribalist Creamy blackened berry
Lipglass ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Liberated Sheer yellow gold with pearl
- Gold Rebel Sheer copper bronze with pearl
- Fierce & Fabulous Bright magenta purple with pearl
- Style Warrior Blackened bronze brown with pearl
Eyeshadow ($14.50 U.S. / $17.00 CDN)
- Soft Force Frosty pale white gold
- Bright Future Frosty bright yellow gold
- Tempting Sinfully rich coco
- Vibrant Grape Bright magenta purple
- Night Manoeuvres Deep charcoal brown with pearl
Eye Kohl ($14.50 U.S. / $17.00 CDN)
Pro Lash Mascara ($12.00 U.S. / $14.00 CDN)
- Coal Black Honest-to-goodness black
Beauty Powder Blush ($18.00 U.S. / $22.00 CDN)
- Eversun Neutral peach bronze with gold pearl
- On A Mission Pearly mid-tone plum
Solar Bits ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Scatterrays Soft metallic peach with gold pearl
- Bronzescape Clean yellow brown with gold pearl
- Impassioned Frosty cool taupe
Nail Lacquer ($11.00 U.S. / $13.00 CDN)
- Peaceable Pearly pale golden beige
- Violet Fire Bright creamy magenta purple
- Mercenary Frosted blackened bronze
Brush ($23.00 U.S. / $27.50 CDN)
- 242 Firm Fibre Brush with rounded edge for smooth, even application of powder, emollient and concealer products
Available: May 20th, 2009 in North America. June 2009 internationally. (Yes, the release date has been changed–officially!)
See high res images! Continue reading →
Everything You Wanted to Know About MAC Cosmetics
Our Guide for the Newly Addicted has just about everything you wanted to know about all that is MAC. From the history of the brand to terminology and product basics, you’ll find it in this ten-part series.
Our MAC Must-Haves series features twenty-four posts of must-have goodness, and it is currently still a series-in-progress–which means we are still adding to it. Stay tuned!
Must-Haves: MAC Brushes
Must-Haves: MAC Eyeshadows
Must-Haves: MAC Glosses
Must-Haves: MAC Lipsticks
Must-Haves: MAC Face Products
These are particular posts where we have attempted to gather swatches for a great number of shadows, not from specific collections, but more comprehensive in terms of products available or were available from the brand.
Swatches From 2009
- Blush Swatches (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Paper), Part 1 (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Paper), Part 2 (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Beiges/Tans (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Blues (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Browns (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Grays/Blacks/Silver (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Greens (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Greens, Part 2 (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Highlighters (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Pinks (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Purples (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Teals (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Yellows (2009)
- Lipglass/Lustreglass/Plushglass Swatches (2009)
- Lipstick Swatches (Skin) (2009)
- Lipstick Swatches (Paper), Part 1 (2009)
- Lipstick Swatches (Paper), Part 2 (2009)
- Paint Pot Swatches (2009)
Swatches From 2007 (Oldies, but goodies — promise!)
These are particular posts where we have attempted to gather photos for a great number of shadows, not from specific collections, but more comprehensive in terms of products available or were available from the brand.
Product Photos From 2009
Product Photos From 2007
Again, oldies, but goodies — promise! I bet the majority of you never even knew these posts existed, because they were up when we only had a few readers! I really do urge you to check these posts out, because they contain hundreds of product photos of both limited edition and permanent products.
- Blush Product Photos (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Reds, Pinks (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Golds, Oranges, Yellows (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Blues, Teals, Part 1 (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Blues, Teals, Part 2 (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Greens (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Purples, Part 1 (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Purples, Part 2 (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Browns, Part 1 (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Browns, Part 2 (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Neutrals (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Grays/Blacks (2007)
- Lipglass Product Photos (2007)
- Lipstick Product Photos (2007)
- Mineralize Skinfinishes (2007)
- Pigment Product Photos – Part 1 (2007)
- Pigment Product Photos – Part 2 (2007)
Just a heads up, but MAC Style Warrior is now available on maccosmetics.com You’ll have to hunt around a bit, going through the various sections to locate the products (e.g. “Eyes” and “Eyeshadow” to see the Style Warrior Eyeshadows). Here are some links to products: Eyeshadows, Lipstick, Lipglass, Blush, Lustre Drops, Bronzing Powder, Solar Bits, Nail Lacquer.
For Your Reference
What are you getting? What are you passing up? What’s appealing/skippable?
Solar White (Frost), Seeds of Love (Frost); Petal Worship (Lustre), Contrast (Velvet)
MAC A Rose Is A Rose Eyeshadow Quad (Nordstrom Exclusive) ($36.00) is the long awaited final piece to MAC’s A Rose Romance Collection, which launched earlier in April.
With tax, I think I paid just under $40, which makes each shadow cost approximately $10 each (a little less than eyeshadows sold in palette form already). In terms of value, the eyeshadows are cheaper buying them together. However, Solar White eyeshadow has been released before (though it was limited edition), and Contrast eyeshadow is part of the permanent range. So if you have one or both of those, the quad’s value definitely diminishes. If you are not a collector, and you already own two, I’d probably say to skip the quad.
- Solar White is a smooth, buttery golden-toned, creamy white. It has a frost finish, so it does have shimmer and sheen. It’s a nice shade to own, so if you missed out on Solar White previously, here’s your chance to grab it without paying eBay prices.
- Seeds of Love is a smooth, pigmented coralish shade. It doesn’t lean too red nor orange, just right. It does remind me of Paradisco (but with way better texture), and I’d say Paradisco runs a bit more orange. The point is they are close enough that you could nab Paradisco instead of Seeds of Love for a coral fix if this was the only color you needed/wanted.
- Petal Worship is a soft, light lilac with purple sheen. It reminded me a lot of a slightly more purple Stars ‘n Rockets — like a cross between Lotusland (limited edition) and Stars ‘n Rockets. It has a lustre finish, so it wasn’t the smoothest of the four, but it was surprisingly pigmented without too much fall out/crumbling that’s typical with lustre eyeshadows.
- Contrast is a deep navy, purple-casted shade. It’s lightly shimmered over a dark blue-black base. I love using Contrast in purple looks, and I definitely think it is significantly different from Deep Truth (just for those wondering!).
See swatches… Continue reading →
Clarity, Electric Eel; Freshwater, Deep Truth; Prussian, Contrast
MAC Cosmetics Eyeshadow Swatches, Part 2
Here’s part two I split them up to help make loading time not so heavy.
See the rest of the eyeshadows! Continue reading →
Row 1: Artifact, Fresco Rose, Indianwood, Painterly, Bare Study;
Row 2: Quite Natural, (BLUSH) Well Dressed, Pinch O Peach, Pink Swoon, Desert Rose
MAC Cosmetics Paint Pot Swatches & Blush Swatches
I swatched all of the permanent paint pots and blushes my local MAC had on their displayer, so I apologize in advance if any permanent colors are absent.
See the rest of the swatches! Continue reading →