Naked Honey Skin Salve
Sneak Peek: MAC Cosmetics’ Naked Honey Collection
MAC’s Naked Honey Collection is just around the corner, and here’s yet another peek at what’s to come. (We already did a nice sneak peek of Honey Light High-Light Powder, Pollinator & Creme de Miel Eyeshadows, too!) Today, we’re unveiling Buzz lipglass ($14.00), Naked Honey Skin Salve ($18.50), and Golden Nectar High-Light Powder ($24.50).
- Buzz lipglass is a semi-sheer coppery-red-brown with golden shimmer. It gives nice color to lips without being too red or bold.
- Golden Nectar high-light powder is a semi-sheer, silky peachy-tan powder. While it looks awfully shimmery from the get-go, beware that it is merely an overspray. The product beneath the shimmery overspray is still very nice, as it is a smooth, silky powder with very subtle shimmer/sheen. You could almost think of it as more of a bronzer than anything else.
- Naked Honey Skin Salve is a floral-honey scented clear salve/balm. The pot you get is a bit on the small side, though it contains 1.41 oz (or 40 grams). Relative to other salves, like Rosebud ($6 for 0.8 oz. or $12 for just about as much as MAC’s), which is probably one of the cheaper salves that I can think of. Since it is MAC, the price isn’t quite as skewed high as I originally thought. It’s very emollient and sinks into skin quickly without leaving behind any greasiness. I definitely lean towards using this more as a lip balm than anything else, but that’s more of a personal preference. I keep mine on my night stand for a quick balm before bedtime.
See photos and swatches! Continue reading →
Improvise Mineralize Blush
eBay Seller Velveeta42 had several items up for sale from MAC’s Colour Craft Collection. I also saw some items with names I didn’t recognize, so I also included those photos, too! Maybe they’ll come to us in the fall?
Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics’ Graphic Garden Collection launches in July at Nordstrom’s. It is a fairly large collection featuring palettes, brush sets, and the like. Here are some images
MAC Summer Trend Bags for Summer 2009
Launch Date: North America July 9, 2009, MAC Store Exclusive
Style Warriors storm the gates of glamour with every brush, shade, kit and colour weapon stealthily contained and concealed in these wild-and-ready signature Rectangle MAC bags created in exotically printed nylon: choose Mini: Spot The Leopard, Medium: Run Tiger, and Small Go Zebra, all with solarized-silver metallic piping and high-gloss silver patent loop handles. The ultimate expression of the fashion-fierce, multi-culti, untamed urban Style Warrior.
Rectangle MAC/Mini/Spot the Leopard ($18.00USD / $21.50CAD)
A mini, leopard print Rectangle MAC with silver metallic piping and silver loop handle.
Rectangle MAC/Small/Go Zebra ($28.00USD / $33.50CAD)
A small, zebra print Rectangle MAC with silver metallic piping and silver loop handle.
Rectangle MAC/Medium/Run Tiger ($38.00USD / $45.50CAD)
A medium, tiger print Rectangle MAC with silver metallic piping and silver loop handle.
See more images… Continue reading →
Just a heads up, since I’ve had a few people inquire about where my Style Warrior review was… but I already did it! I was able to go to an unveiling party last week, so I made my purchase then So here is a round-up for all your Style Warrior needs…
For Your Reference
MAC Cosmetics Naked Honey Collection
Bees do it… now MAC does it! Honey that is! As ancient and exotic as Kohl, great beauties have long revered the natural restorative powers of the Golden Elixir.
Following the example of their fabled Queen, Cleopatra, Egyptians bathed in honey and milk. Queen Anne of England used it to silken her hair; from the Ancient Greeks to the Roman Empire, honey has never lost its regal, ever-amber lustre. We love the luxury of its sensual essence…but we also know that it’s a highly efficient and wholesome humectant and healer. Introducing our limited edition Naked Honey collection – three aspects of golden warmth and sun-made sweetness for the body, layered with two decidedly different honeycomb-derived fragrances – celebrating the secret lives of Queen Bees. Complementary shades of High-Light Powder, Eye Shadow and Lipglass are all the buzz for summer.
Lipglass ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- She’s a Star Light neutral gold
- Queen Bee Mid-tone apricot with multi-dimensional pearl
- Buzz Dark copper brown with multi-dimensional pearl
Eyeshadow ($14.50 U.S. / $17.00 CDN)
- Crème de Miel Frosty light yellow gold
- Pollinator Mid-tone warm reddened peach with pearl
- Buckwheat Dark copper brown with multi-dimensional pearl
High-Light Powder ($24.50 U.S. / $29.50 CDN)
A high-light powder specially created for the Naked Honey collection. It features an embossed honeycomb pattern — super-fine, impeccably pearlized. It creates soft high lights on cheek, brow, shoulders — anywhere on the body.
- Honey Light A light peachy gold with shimmer
- Golden Nectar Muted golden tan with gold shimmer
Naked Honey Skin Salve ($18.50 U.S. / $22.50 CDN)
Formulated from honey, organic beeswax, sunflower oil, and other natural ingredients, this rich honey-scented and flavoured salve instantly moisturizers and helps recondition dry skin. Multi-purpose. Use everywhere.
Naked Honey Hand and Body Cream ($22.50 U.S. / $27.00 CDN)
A sensuous cream made form bio-converted honey, shea butter, and vitamins C and E derivatives. Absorbs quickly for skin-softening moisture. Conditions, nourishes, protects. Use on all areas where ultra-moisture is called for.
Naked Honey Body Wash ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
Formulated from bio-converted honey, this body wash cleanses the skin while providing the soothing and moisturizing benefits of lavender, narcissus, jasmine flower, and blue agave extracts. Provides a sensual, calming, cleansing experience.
Creations: Naked Honey ($22.50 U.S. / $28.50 CDN)
An aromatic journey that traces honey’s fragrant heart back to summer’s sweetest blooms. Energy starts to buzz, spirits soar, light floral and woodsy notes float toward an electric finale. Sweet and sexy all the way.
Creations: Africanimal ($22.50 U.S. / $28.50 CDN)
A scent that starts with a honey-ness that’s seductive and given its dash of pepper, not without spice. Add a dark kiss of bergamot and wood, an aromatic orgy breaks out to create a scent that’s all honey but far from sweet.
Available: June 11th, 2009 in North America. July 2009 international.
See high res images! Continue reading →