MAC Love That Look Collection for Fall 2009
You saw it here first — a preview of Love That Look!
Lots of photos await you!
Here is a breakdown by color, unofficial descriptions, for your reference:
- Grand Entrance Cool apricot beige
- Dreammaker Frosty golden yellow
- Smoke & Diamonds Dirty dark grey
- Glamour Check! Reddish brown
- Strike A Pose Dirty deep sea blue
- Ego Light yellow pink
- Fashion Groupie Light, blue violet
- Unbasic White Snow white
- One-Off Medium green with silver pearl
- Rated R Light, yellow green
- Style Snob Dirty pink brown with gold pearl
- Fashion Light gray-green with gold pearl
Upcoming Info on MAC’s Fall 2009 Collections
According to The Rose Sheet:
MAC’s fall line launches Aug. 20 in North America, with an international rollout to follow.
Five new lipsticks will roll out at summer’s end, including Front Lit (light white yellow), High Strung (deep pink silver) and Hold the Pose (brown plum with pearl).
Four lipglasses will also debut, from Young Thing (yellow neutral with gold pearl) to On Display (purple with yellow pearl). All items will retail for $14 apiece.
MAC will introduce new eyeshadows, priced at $14.50 each, including (rich yellow) Crest the Wave, (light turquoise blue) Haunting, and (deep blue purple) Violet Trance. Alternatively, consumers can pick up any of three eye shadow sets – Skintone, Private Viewing, and Photo Realism – each consisting of four shades, for $36 apiece.
New Technakohl eyeliner comes in five hues – Color Matters (bright lime), Obviously Orange (dirty coral), Artistic License (bright turquoise blue), Full of Fuchsia (deep blue magenta), and Graphblack (rich graphic black). Each retails for $14.50.
Powder blush in (dirty pale pink) The Perfect Cheek and (dirty brick brown red) Notable also launch in August for $18 apiece.
Reflects Copper and Reflects Rust roll out under MAC’s reflects Glitter line for $19.50 each. New MAC pigments, also $19.50 each, include Cocomotion (dirty gold bronze with gold pearl), Brash & Bold (Bright Magenta) and Heritage Rouge (dirty brown plum).
Too much to read? Check out our breakdown! Continue reading →
MAC Love That Look Collection
Launch Date: August 2009 (TBA)
Featuring sixteen limited shades with a few repromotes, Love That Look is this year’s follow up from last year’s Starflash Collection. The collection will include four Pearlglide eye liners (most likely a combination of repromotes and maybe one or two new ones) and twelve shades of eyeshadows.
The range of colors looks like we are in for some smoldering greens, plums, and maybe a bright color here and there. A few more preliminary details… Continue reading →
Naked Honey Skin Salve
Sneak Peek: MAC Cosmetics’ Naked Honey Collection
MAC’s Naked Honey Collection is just around the corner, and here’s yet another peek at what’s to come. (We already did a nice sneak peek of Honey Light High-Light Powder, Pollinator & Creme de Miel Eyeshadows, too!) Today, we’re unveiling Buzz lipglass ($14.00), Naked Honey Skin Salve ($18.50), and Golden Nectar High-Light Powder ($24.50).
- Buzz lipglass is a semi-sheer coppery-red-brown with golden shimmer. It gives nice color to lips without being too red or bold.
- Golden Nectar high-light powder is a semi-sheer, silky peachy-tan powder. While it looks awfully shimmery from the get-go, beware that it is merely an overspray. The product beneath the shimmery overspray is still very nice, as it is a smooth, silky powder with very subtle shimmer/sheen. You could almost think of it as more of a bronzer than anything else.
- Naked Honey Skin Salve is a floral-honey scented clear salve/balm. The pot you get is a bit on the small side, though it contains 1.41 oz (or 40 grams). Relative to other salves, like Rosebud ($6 for 0.8 oz. or $12 for just about as much as MAC’s), which is probably one of the cheaper salves that I can think of. Since it is MAC, the price isn’t quite as skewed high as I originally thought. It’s very emollient and sinks into skin quickly without leaving behind any greasiness. I definitely lean towards using this more as a lip balm than anything else, but that’s more of a personal preference. I keep mine on my night stand for a quick balm before bedtime.
See photos and swatches! Continue reading →
Improvise Mineralize Blush
eBay Seller Velveeta42 had several items up for sale from MAC’s Colour Craft Collection. I also saw some items with names I didn’t recognize, so I also included those photos, too! Maybe they’ll come to us in the fall?