Just wanted to give everyone a heads up — Heatherette’s launch is now planned for March 20th, 2008, moved up one week earlier! (Yay for us, and yet boo for not as much time to save up for it all!) I had this confirmed by both my local stores, several readers (ahem, Tekoa!), as well as MAC Cosmetics’ LiveChat.
I also wanted to use this space to relay to all of you that both myself and the blog’s readers would love to see your swatches and product shots of the latest collections. I always do my own swatches and pictures when I can, but I’m just one person and one skintone. It’s always great to see how colors look on different people! You can always reach me at email@example.com if you have questions, comments, or want to submit something!
What are you planning to get from Heatherette? (See collection details here!)
OVERALL, as a blush lover, this collection agrees with me! I think the colors are all vibrant and wearable, though some moreso than others. I really loved Joyous and True Romantic the most, and I will definitely be grabbing these. The texture for all of these is satiny, silky, and just smooth, while the intensity and color pay off is amazing–consistently good across all eight blushes. I’m so happy to be able to have colors that are true-to-pot, because there’s nothing worse than being impressed by the color you see, but disappointed when it goes on! These will not leave you disappointed in the least–and a plus for addicts? These look exactly like blushes in terms of size, shape, and packaging, which means you can depot if you wish! In my opinion, the name “beauty powder blushes” attempts to convey that the texture is like beauty powders (silky, soft, velvety) with the characteristics of a blush (more intense color, size, shape).
Feel free to share or submit your swatches and product photos for the beauty powder blushes! Link them in the comments or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
- Eversun is a subdued shade of peachy-brown with low level shimmer (more like just a touch of sheen). It reminds me of a warmer, peachier bronzing kind of color, and I think it’d be fab during summer as a great part of a minimal look.
- Feeling is a dirty plum-pink with some raspberry in it. It reminds me of a warmer, more wearable Ablaze blush. No real visible shimmer, very much like Eversun in texture.
- Joyous is a fun shade of bright pink with peach undertones and gold sheen. I think this is one of my favorites, because the color is so warm and perfect for spring.
- Secret Blush is a dirty mauve with brown undertones that would make a nice choice for night time looks. I did find this was a little chalkier than the rest (but I wouldn’t classify it as chalky, just in comparison to the other seven blushes).
- Serenely is a dark brick red kind of color with gold sheen. It is pretty intense, so it is important to use a light hand with this color in particular. I don’t know if I would personally purchase this one, just because I would so rarely use it, but it looks divine in the pot and as a swatch!
- Shy Beauty is a light pale pink with peachy undertones and light sheen/shimmer. I think this is going to be the most wearable shade, because I think it will work well on a variety of skin tones.
- Sweetness is an incredibly bright pink with blue undertones, making it quite cool overall. It is unlike past cool blushes (e.g. Don’t Be Shy), but it does remind me of a more intense Pink Swoon blush. It’s pretty, but it’s so cool that I don’t know how wearable it would be on myself and others. Light handedness is a must for this!
- True Romantic is a warm pink with mauvey-rose undertones with subtle sheen. This is my other favorite from the launch, because it is just a gorgeous shade. It will be pleasant used lightly to add color to cheeks, but it can be used more generously for an absolutely divine night time flush. It reminds me of Afterdusk blush, but with a way better texture and more pink than mauve.
Do NOT republish content, images, pictures, or swatches without permission. Please link to the post if you wish to share. Thank you for understanding!
Temptalia Reader Lushious Babe was kind enough to share her swatches with us! These are swatches of Heatherette lip products on her lips. Thanks Lushious Babe! Be sure to visit her beauty forum for those in The Netherlands.
See eleven more photos… Continue reading →
Strobe launched today (United States, Canada), and I believe it is already available internationally (as is next week’s Beauty Powder Blush launch, lucky ducks!).
OVERALL, Strobe offers a new line of Tinted Lip Conditioners with both UVA/UVB SPF-15 protection ($14.50) that come in sheer, shimmery shades. They’re soft, moisturizing, and give just a hint (or tint, HA!) of color. I found Strobe Liquid to be exactly that–liquid–compared to the original cream version. If you have oily skin, the liquid version may give you reason to check it out, whereas the cream is thicker (but I prefer it, still).
Read a detailed review of each item… Continue reading →
“The play of pearlescent light, the feeling of euphoria, the instant illumination that brightens and enlightens three ways: strobe cream, the richest, sheerest blend of soft-focus diffusers for the face and neck; strobe liquid, instant radiance in fluid, light-diffusion form with iridescent pigment; and tinted lip conditioner stick SPF15 with strobe pearl, broad spectrum protection, colour and moisture-soft allure. Use under or over colours and textures to glow on and on and on”
STROBE LIQUID | Blending soft focus diffusers with iridescent pigments, this ultra-fluid strobe formula produces a soft, radiant light on the skin, reducing the appearance of skin imperfections by providing a natural-looking glow. Refreshing. Spreads on smoothly and absorbs quickly. Leaves the skin looking healthier and more radiant. A lighter weight addition to the popular strobe cream. Suggested Retail Price $29.50 U.S./$38.00 CDN
STROBE CREAM | Suggested Retail Price $29.50 U.S./$38.00 CDN
TINT LIP CONDITIONER STICK SPF15 | Formulated with Strobe Pearl, this luxurious lip conditioner combines sheer soft light-quenched colour with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF15 protection and moisture.
- Strobe Kiss Sheer coral with a golden strobe pearl
- Strobe Rays Light caramel with golden red strobe pearl
- Strobe Blossom Light blue/pink with red strobe pearl
- Strobe Current Sheer plum with golden red strobe pearl
- Strobe Beam Clear with strobe pearl
Suggested Retail Price $14.50 U.S./$17.50 CDN
March 6th, 2008 at all MAC locations, 1.800.387.6707 and www.maccosmetics.com.
See more photos… Continue reading →
Shimmering fine particles impart soft colour in hard candy palette, to sweet and subtle effect. Eight shades of giddy deliciousness with pearl sheen and jet-milled perfection, to keep the glow going. New MAC innovation for limited time only! Silky-fine, shot with pearl, this blush inspires a subtle glow in tandem with pure, bright, colour vibe. Ultra-smooth, delivers a light and alluring shimmer together with a high-colour payoff. In every way luxurious. Limited Edition.
BEAUTY POWDER BLUSH
- Shy Beauty Pastel apricot with gold pearl (satin)
- Feeling Dirty plum with silver pearl (satin)
- Sweetness Intense blue pink (satin)
- Joyous Peach with gold pearl (satin)
- True Romantic Mid-tone pink with silver pearl (satin)
- Serenely Deep brownish red with gold pearl (satin)
- Eversun Neutral peach bronze with gold pearl (satin)
- Secret Blush Dirty neutral plum with gold pearl (satin)
Suggested Retail Price $17.50 U.S./$22.00 CDN
- 169 Angled Blush
- 116 Blush
March 13th, 2008 at all MAC locations, 1.800.387.6707 and www.maccosmetics.com.
See more photos … Continue reading →