(Not official promo image!)
MAC Cosmetics Sugarsweet Collection
Launch Date: March 19th, 2009 (North America), April 2009 (International)
Who cares if the candy man can… it’s the cupcake ingenue who’s caught the sweet spot this season. Temptation is everywhere – luscious, whipped-cream decadent, deliciously decorative frosting colours and sugared almond combinations. Like peering through the window of a Parisian patisserie, you’ll want to become one of each! Have fun with a new Red Velvet recipe Shadestick. Tricolour Lipglass is like a mille feuille of layered lip gloss colours, each gives way to the next in a triple-layered pearl-swirl of prettiness; add extra yum to Eye Shadow; Perfect Topping Mineralize Skinfinish is the ultimate cake walk. We could eat you up.
- Sweet Thing Mid-tone magenta with multi dimensional pearl (Lustre)
- Bubbles Sheer frosty white beige (Glaze) (Repromote)
- Touch Peachy cinnamon (Lustre) (Permanent)
- Lollipop Loving Mid-tone coral with subtle green and gold iridescence (Glaze) (Repromote)
- Saint Germain Pastel pink (Amplified Creme) (Repromote)
- Tasty Top Sheer blue pink with reflects, Middle Mid-tone blue pink with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Dark creamy red pink
- Just Dessert Top Sheer yellow pink with reflects, Middle Mid-tone yellow pink with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Mid-tone creamy yellow pink
- Simpy Delicious Top Sheer peach with reflects, Middle Pale coral with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Creamy mid-tone coral
- Triple-Yum Top Sheer gold with gold reflects, Middle True gold with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Mid-tone bronze
- Consume Me Top Sheer white with reflects, Middle Pale mint with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Creamy light peach with pearlized pigments
- Sugarshot Pale frosty beige (Lustre)
- Dear Cupcake Mid-tone pink coral with gold pearlized pigments (Satin)
- Aquavert Soft mint with white pearlized pigments (Veluxe Pearl) (Repromote)
- Stars n Rockets Lavender with red/pink reflects (Veluxe Pearl) (Permanent)
- Club Muted reddish brown duochrome with green opalescent shimmer (Satin) (Permanent)
- Cakeshop Frosted light neutral beige
- Butternutty Frosted pale white gold
- Lemon Chiffon Frosted pewter
- Red Velvet Frosted mid-tone pink
- Penny Light pinky copper (Repromote)
- Peppermint Patti Creamy mint green (Cream)
- Seasonal Peach Creamy pale peachy pink (Cream)
- Perfect Topping Pink/peach/lavender melange
- Refined Tan/peach/coral melange
Source: tripwirechick@temptalia forums | Temptalia.com
Lavender Whip, Fun Fun, Fashion Mews
There’s been a lot of questions about how does Lavender Whip (from Cremeteam) compare to Fashion Mews (from Hello Kitty), and what about Fun Fun from Balloonacy eons ago. Ask no more, the picture above tells the story.
Lavender Whip vs. Fun Fun: It’s obvious that Fun Fun is a lot pinker. I would actually say that Fun Fun has some lavender in it, but when sandwiched between two more dominant lavender shades… the pink is brought out.
Lavender Whip vs. Fashion Mews: Fashion Mews is lighter and frostier in its finish than Lavender Whip, but they are similar. If you only want a lavender lipstick and don’t see yourself wearing it all the time, you might try Lavender Whip over Fashion Mews, just because the finish is nicer and it has a touch more color pay off. Plus, you can always add frostiness or make it lighter with a lipgloss.
Fashion Mews vs. Fun Fun: Again, they’re not dupes, and next to each other, they don’t even look like they’re in the same color family! I love Fun Fun, but I’ve always found it to be a very cool lipstick with some purple to it (but not as strong as the other two)–but in the swatch, it almost looks like a warm to neutral pink! But I think we can safely say they are definitely not dupes.
Cremesheen lipsticks from Cremeteam lip swatches! I do feel Cremesheen lipsticks to be well-pigmented, but the texture can be a little drying for some. I definitely recommend layering your lips with some balm 10-15 minutes prior (then blotting it off) so your lips take the color better. Creme In Your Coffee surprised me with how pretty it was on (I thought it might be a little on the brown side for me), and Hang Up was ridiculously dark (which means who knows when I’ll wear it!). Lickable is definitely in-ya-face in its rich color, but I’m sure it’ll be a popular one! See the colors for yourself! Continue reading →
Melt In Your Mouth
Cremesheen Glass lip swatches! The ones that I found gave my lips the most color were Creme Anglaise, Melt In Your Mouth, and Petite Indulgence. Looks Like Sin is a bleeder, though I’m not sure why, because none of the others are. Fashion Scoop, Partial to Pink, and Ever So Rich all kind of looked the same on my lips! FYI, these are heavy applications! Anyway, enough of the recap, onto the pictures! Continue reading →
Boy Bait, Fashion Scoop, Partial to Pink, Melt In Your Mouth,
Petite Indulgence, Creme Anglaise, Ever So Rich, Looks Like Sin
Product photos for MAC’s mega-lip-product-overload collection–Cremeteam–for your perusal! You can check out my review and swatches if you missed them!
Continue reading →
OVERALL, Cremeteam introduces several nice shades of Cremesheen lipsticks to the permanent line, and they also launched limited edition Cremesheen glasses, which left me wanting. Cremesheen is a finish of lipstick that MAC introduced to us last year, and the finish might be described as fairly pigmented color with subtle sheen and low frost. They don’t have shimmer as far as I could tell either. The new shades of Cremesheen lipsticks add a nice variety of color the permanent lipstick range, and I definitely found myself liking the colors a lot more than some of the limited edition lipsticks from the past few collections.
As far as the new Cremesheen glasses go, I just can’t get on that train. Every single one of them is sheer in color, with some varying in pigmentation (the real test will be lip swatches, which I will do, but probably not until tonight, FYI). The finish and texture of the new glosses is almost buttery and quite creamy, so they do feel nice on the lips. For the price and quantity you get, I find it difficult to even recommend them, because the price alone just grates on my nerves. I’ll put a little price analysis behind the cut, so you can read that if you desire
Must-Haves: Crosswires, Lavender Whip, Shy Girl
Nice-To-Haves: Creme Cup, Hang Up, Lickable
Skip: Fashion Scoop, Looks Like Sin
See individual, in-depth product reviews as well as some cost analysis… Continue reading →