OVERALL, Tendertones are fun if you like this kind of product. It’s a sheer, ultra thick and glossy lip balm. These aren’t pigmented–if you have very neutral or low-pigmented lips, they might give you more color than the average person. All of the swatches are HEAVY applications; I basically dug a bit out of the jar so that you could really see the color, but upon actual application to lips, these would be a lot sheerer. Also, while I had all of these sitting on my hand for at least an hour, none of them left a stain of any sort for me (just in case anyone thought they might lend a stain kind of application).
My favorites were Sweet Tooth and Hush, Hush. I did not purchase any at this time, though. I have one from last time they launched, and I never wear it, so I figured I can probably pass on this launch!
Note: I think my store had Soft Note tendertone out instead of Honey Bare. I kept going through my swatches trying to figure out which one was Honey Bare, but none of them looked remotely close. And there is no lilac tendertone! Soft Note was a lilac tendertone that came out with last year’s launch of Tendertones–I couldn’t tell you why it was out instead. Hush, Hush *could* be Honey Bare, but I think Honey Bare is lighter – correct me if I’m wrong.
Be sure to check out the official color story and product photos here.
Check out individual product reviews, Continue reading →
Off to get some Tendertones swatches… What say you about Tendertones? What are you getting (or have gotten!)?
Thanks to Kat from Bjooti.net for the photos! Details for color information is here. Check out more… Continue reading →
TEMPERATURES SIZZLE, BUT THE PERFECT BALANCE LIES WITHIN REACH. COOL HEAT. NOT AN OXYMORON: SUMMER’S CHILLEST LOOK. FIVE SLIMSHINE LIPSTICKS, SEVEN EYE SHADOWS, AND TWO SKIN-COOLING FRAGRANCES: SUMMER’S FAVOURITE TURQUATIC, AND INTRODUCING ITS SISTER SHADE, TURQUATIC HEAT. SOME LOOKS ARE TOO HOT FOR SUMMER TO HANDLE BUT NOT COOL HEAT. FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR, IT FEELS JUST RIGHT.
- Tropic Glow Blue pink with silver pearl (frost)
- By Degrees Neutral brown pink (frost)
- Gentle Summer Light clean yellow pink with white pearl (frost)
- High 90′s Clean pink orange (frost)
- Swelter Sheer clean red (frost)
- Solar White Frosty muted white gold (frost)
- Warming Trend Frosty light taupe (veluxe pearl)
- Warm Chill Frosty seafoam green with gold pearl (frost)
- Gulf Stream Frosty mid-tone blue green with green pearl (frost)
- Cool Heat Frosty teal with multi-dimensional pearl (frost)
- Climate Blue Mid-tone violet blue with pink pearl (velvet)
- Blue Flame Dirty metallic navy blue (veluxe pearl)
- Hue: Tuquatic Keynotes: Lotus Leaves, Corsican Cedrat, Anemone, Orris and Blue Cedar
- Hue: Turquatic Heat Keynotes: Cedrat saturated with the clear effervescence of Mineral Water, Lotus Flower, Opulent Orris, Jasmine and Tiare Soul.
Available June 2008.
See more photos… Continue reading →
The point between love and lust is this succulent, tender, and eat-me as all bon-bon-tinted lip balm. Six new, four popular bring-backs. All of them sheer, satiny, sun-protective and moisturizing. Some richly tinted to provide summer’s deepest sexiest stain. Others deliciously and lightly cotton candy. Delicately strawberry-kiwi-flavoured.
Tendertones Lip Balm SPF12
- Tread Gently Soft lime green with yellow pearl
- E-Z Baby Sheer milky pink
- Honey Bare Rosy blue pink with white and gold pearl
- Hot n’ Saucy Soft cherry red
- Sweet & Nice Sheer red grape with red pearl
- Take A Hint Sheer peach with white pearl
- Hush, Hush Sheer gold with yellow gold pearl
- Sweet Tooth Sheer coral with white pearl
- Pucker Sheer berry with red pearl
- Deep Sigh Sheer grape brown with red pearl
Suggested Retail Price: $14.50 US/$17.50 CDN. Available June 2008 at all MAC locations, 1.800.387.6707 and www.maccosmetics.com.
Check out more photos… Continue reading →
OVERALL, Solar Bits are intriguing, and I think people have to play with them before they can decide they like them–they do seem fairly loose and chunky, which makes them difficult to work with. I intend to try a look today using Black Ore, so we’ll see how that goes. My store didn’t have the mask (I don’t think it’s launching, unfortunately!), and I couldn’t locate the Exfoliator, either. Besides, it’ll be hard to judge just by looking–can’t really swatch skincare! The lip exfoliator is fun, though, and it’s meant to be used as a whole, not half a side at a time. It really does make your lips feel ultra smooth and conditioned! (You can see more swatches of Solar Bits here!)
Check out detailed reviews of each Solar Bit and the Bronzing Powders… Continue reading →