Here’s a lil’ video put together by the folks at MAC Cosmetics about the Autumn/Winter trends. Wonder what products we can spot!
Sneak Peek: MAC Magic, Mirth, & Mischief
For the holidays, MAC’s Magic, Mirth, & Mischief has a whole slew of new mineralize eyeshadows, but we’ll also be seeing some new shades of dazzleglass, including the two pictured here.
- Phiff A light, beige-nude with lots of silver-peach micro glitter. I wasn’t super impressed by this one; it was a little lackluster–it doesn’t impart any color on me, and the glitter color doesn’t change up colors that much. It was like a darker, peachy version of Bare Necessity.
- She-Zam A pale, silver-gray with a blue cast and gray-blue micro glitter. This one reminded me a lot of some previous lipglasses like Lightning and Pas-de-deux. It’s a nice shade, just because it can be layered on top of lipsticks to add a different dimension of color.
- Product: 8/10
- Value: 6/10
- Ease of Use: 8/10
- Packaging: 6/10
- Overall: 7/10
Recommendation: If you love dazzleglasses, you’ll love these, too. The glitter is the same, and the colors are sheer like previous shade releases. I did feel likethese went on a little smoother and less sticky compared to other dazzleglasses, though. I still find these low on value (because you pay $4 more for less product than a lipglass–like half!), and as a result, I’m not a big fan of the oversized packaging with not much in it.
Have you picked up these new shades yet?
Check out more product photos and swatches… Continue reading →
MAC Flirt With Fall Collection
U.S. Launch Date: August 27th, 2009
International Launch Date: September 2009
We’re dramatically lashing out with the help of a preeminent authority on the subject: Academy Award-nominated Hollywood makeup artist, Christina Smith, who’s developed this innovative collection of glamorous Silver Screen style lash looks just for MAC, and that means you’re that much closer to the secrets of being red-carpet ready, runway-ravishing. Part of our continuous commitment to collaborating with the most incredible talents working around the globe, these lashes will step it up and set it off!
Lashes ($12.50 U.S. / $15.00 CDN)
- #43 Lash Natural length. Wispy bundles that give even flirty fringe. Blend of black and brown hair. (Permanent)
- #44 Lash Unique combo of separate bundles at inner corner and dramatic winged outer corner. Blend of black and brown hair. (Permanent)
- #45 Lash Half lash Long separate bundles look both wispy and dramatic. Blend of black and brown hair. (Limited Edition)
- #46 Lash Full and short. Blend of black and brown hair. (Permanent in MAC Stores)
- #47 Lash Extra long side swept hairs combine with fullness at the base to give an edgy look. Blend of black and brown hair. (Limited Edition)
- #48 Lash Slightly more dramatic length. Wispy bundles give flirty fringe. Blend of black and brown hair. (Permanent in MAC Stores)
See more photos… Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics Colour Craft Collection – Backstage at the Photoshoot
Remember a few weeks ago when we were all wondering just how on earth MAC came up with the makeup used in this look?
Time for an Update!
Last week, we came across some behind-the-scenes photos from the Colour Craft photoshoot, and one of the photos showed a Ben Nye palette. After talking with MAC HQ, the Director of Makeup Artistry, Bianca Alexander, walked us through what was used for the photoshoot.
Here’s the breakdown she gave us:
- Use Brush 222 to highlight under the left brow with Passionate Eye Shadow.
- Blend Bitter Eye Shadow through the inner and center of eyelid with Brush 252.
- Use Smolder Eye Kohl to intensify the waterline, and follow with Rapidblack Penultimate Eye Liner on both upper and lower lashline.
- Use Brush 219 to blend Passionate Eye Shadow under lower lashline, diffusing the line outward for an airbrushed effect.
- Begin design on the left eye by using Brush 242 to shade a circle of Natural Flare Mineralize Eye Shadow at the browbone.
- Switch to Brush 219 to shade a circle of Fashion Patch Mineralize Eye Shadow at the temple.
- Switch to a clean Brush 242 to shade a circle of Fashion Patch Mineralize Eye Shadow on the eyelid.
- Follow by using Rapidblack Penultimate Eye Liner to outline all circle shapes with a delicate black line.
- Begin design on the right eye by using Brush 219 to shade a circle of Passionate Eye Shadow at the browbone.
- Use Brush 242 to shade a circle at the temple with Natural Flare Mineralize Eye Shadow.
- Switch to the previous Brush 242 used to apply Fashion Patch Mineralize Eye Shadow on the left eye, and shade a circle at the crease to complete the right eye.
- Follow by using Rapidblack Penultimate Eye Liner to outline all circle shapes on the right eye with a delicate black line.
- Apply a generous coat of Zoomblack Zoom Lash Mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
- Hydrate and refine lips with an application of Prep + Prime Lip with Brush 311.
- Use Beet Lip Pencil to define lips before shading Lipstick in Trimming Talk along the outer edge with Brush 316.
- Highlight the center of the lip with Lipglass in Miss Marble and Girlish Romp Mineralize Eye Shadow.
The ever-talented artist Linn recreated the Colour Craft face chart using the products suggested, and she achieved:
See the backstage photos… Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics Love That Look Collection
M·A·C Shadows are simply the best… sought after by Legends and Lolitas, Punks and Princesses, and all the pretty girls and boys who know what’s killer when they see it! Season after season they show the love – now it’s our turn with Love That Look!
An intensified take on everything incredible about M·A·C Starflash eyeshadow, with a formula so astro-silky, creamy, cushion-like, and pearl-finished, in a fantasia of 12 fabulously frosted shades. Four pearlglide liners to give the people what they want, essential Zoomblack Mascara and the 217 blending and 239 eyeshadow brushes that can make any first-time-tryer a true believer. Love That Look… Everybody interesting does!
Starflash Eyeshadow ($14.50 U.S. / $17.00 CDN)
- Grand Entrance Frosty neutral peach beige
- Dreammaker Frosty yellow gold
- Smoke & Diamonds Frosty dirty taupe
- Glamour Check! Frosty reddish brown
- Strike a Pose Dirty/Deep blue green
- Ego Light yellow pink
- Fashion Groupie Light blue violet
- Unbasic White Bright off white
- One-Off Mid-tone green with silver pearl
- Rated “R” Bright yellow green
- Style Snob Dirty pink brown with gold pearl
- Fashion Light grey green with gold pearl
Pearlglide Eyeliner ($14.50 U.S. / $17.00 CDN)
- Black Russian Black with navy blue glitter
- Rave Deep purple with purple glitter
- Molasses Dirty brown with mid-tone brown glitter
- Fly-By-Blu Light blue with blue glitter
Zoom Lash ($13.00 U.S. / $15.50 CDN)
- Zoomblack Rich black
- 217 Blending Brush For shading or blending of colour or creamy products ($22.50 U.S. / $27.00 CDN)
- 239 Eye Shader Brush Soft and dense to shade or blend eyeshadow or emolient-based products. ($24.50 U.S. / $29.50 CDN)
Availability: July 23rd, 2009 and July 30th for North America locations. August 2009 for international.
See more photos… Continue reading →
Just four months ago, I wrote about what my seven must-have eye brushes were.. and they’ve already changed a bit! In this video, I talk about six brushes I think are really excellent for building up your eye makeup brush stash, plus a little talk on two extra brushes that you might want to consider as well (or in place of one of the six).