MAC Sex-pectations Mega Metal Eyeshadow
MAC Peacocky: Mega Metal Eyeshadows Review, Photos, Swatches, Part 3
MAC Mega Metal Eyeshadow ($19.50 for 0.11 oz.) are a new long-wearing metallic powder with an intense metallic finish with medium-buildable coverage that is not supposed to fade or crease. This post features these five shades: Sex-pectations (metallic burgundy), Spectacle of Yourself (deep bronze), Top of the Posh (frosted white pink), Tweet Me (gold bronze), and Unflappable (frosted black with purple pearl).
- Sex-pectations is a rich berry red with soft pink-red metallic sheen. It seems rather similar to Cranberry (permanent)–possibly less burgundy, but we’ll have to see in a comparison.
- Spectacle of Yourself is a rich, molten chocolate bronze with a coppery shimmer-sheen. It’s warmer than Centre Stage. This seems like it may be similar to Twinks (permanent).
- Top of the Posh is a soft pink with a white gold shimmer-sheen and metallic finish.
- Tweet Me is a peachy melon with peach-gold metallic sheen. It looks a lot like Melon pigment to me. It’s totally a Temptalia-color, but I know I’ve seen this before.
- Unflappable is a plummy-gray-taupe with soft metallic shimmer-sheen. A bit like Satin Taupe, but I think the plum differentiates it some.
Buttery, smooth as silk, blendable beyond belief, and richly pigmented, the new Mega Metal Eyeshadows are easily one of the best new products I’ve seen MAC put out in the past year (if not longer). The best part about these is the consistency across the fifteen–they all have the same creamy, silky texture and solid pigmentation across the board. Though the color range is not necessarily the most unique, the formula is fantastic, which makes the quality top notch. I wouldn’t necessarily run out and buy duplicate shades, but every shade is worth checking out. I feel like it’s been too long since I’ve said that about a MAC product.
These are over double the size of regular MAC eyeshadows ($14.50 for 0.05 oz.) and are the same size as Cream Colour Bases (in shape/packaging), and the texture is richer, almost thicker in a way, than veluxe pearl finish shadows. They have some of the intensity and the pearly finish of Starflash shadows, but they stand out on their own, too.
P.S. — I have also used these wet (“foiled”) and have not noticed any wet spot left behind, but it’s only been a few hours–so I’ll get back to you on that!
MAC Peacocky launches on January 6th, 2011 in-stores across North America, January 2011 for international. The approximate launch date for online is January 4th but may not be exact. It features 15 Mega Metal Eyeshadows ($19.50 each) and 12 Kissable Lipcolours ($18.00 each). All products are limited edition.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ! 🙂
- Product: 30/30
- Value: 10/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
FINAL THOUGHTS: Slightly subdued, these shades are as wearable for color-fiends and more neutral fans. There are shades that are sure to appeal to everyone, but the power of these lies in the quality–smooth, buttery textures combined with intense pigmentation, effortless to blend, and cohesive application.
WHERE TO BUY: MAC Cosmetics, January 6th for North America; January 2011 for international