OVERALL, Solar Bits are intriguing, and I think people have to play with them before they can decide they like them–they do seem fairly loose and chunky, which makes them difficult to work with. I intend to try a look today using Black Ore, so we’ll see how that goes. My store didn’t have the mask (I don’t think it’s launching, unfortunately!), and I couldn’t locate the Exfoliator, either. Besides, it’ll be hard to judge just by looking–can’t really swatch skincare! The lip exfoliator is fun, though, and it’s meant to be used as a whole, not half a side at a time. It really does make your lips feel ultra smooth and conditioned! (You can see more swatches of Solar Bits here!)
Check out detailed reviews of each Solar Bit and the Bronzing Powders… Continue reading →
OVERALL, Neo Sci Fi is much more impressive than the initial addict reaction made it seem. I think many people were thrown off (or turned off) by the bright orange packaging, and it definitely felt like there were plenty who were writing the entire launch off. I have to disagree, because I think this collection comes out with many wearable colors that are fun and friendly to consumers as a whole.
Have we seen some of these colors before? Yes, probably, most likely. But at the same time, there are some great colors that haven’t come out or haven’t been out in awhile. I think as dupe-able as some of the shadows are (three of the five), they still make amazing combinations together.
I originally thought I would love the blushes, but they were just so-so to me. Pretty, but I didn’t feel like I had to get them right away, you know? I’ll give myself some time to think about what else I want. The lipglasses had three repromotes, so those could have been more exciting.
The neon orange packaging (truly, day-glo construction orange) didn’t turn me off as I thought it would. It was just kind of sleek and fun. I admit, I’d have loved to see the orange packaging in October and MAC rocking a terrifying Halloween-esque collection, but alas, we get it now.
All in all, I walked out with Evening Aura, Femme-Fi, Sci Fi Delity, Supreme, and Black Ore (more out of curiosity than “omg, I have to have this!”). What did you get? What were your favorites?
Make sure you check out the swatches here.
Read my detailed review for each product… Continue reading →
Here are some swatch photos to keep you on the edge of your seats! Remember, we totally welcome YOUR swatches of the latest MAC launches, too. Post them in the comments or email them to email@example.com. Or post them on our forum!
There are fourteen more for you to see… Continue reading →
It’s Nordstrom’s Half-Yearly sale, which means my Nordstrom’s is *gasp* already open (and that means I’m late!). Time to hop on down to get us some swatches!
But how will I avoid all of the shoes?!
*edit* I totally have swatches, a mini-haul, and now I am FURIOUSLY! cropping pictures. I’ll post them up as soon as I’m done, and then I’ll get to the review Ahh, ladies, knowing you anticipate my review? Makes it SO worth it. Makes me love what I do!
*edit #2* Done, done, & done!
Neo Sci Fi, Future Earth, and Solar Fields are now up on the MAC Cosmetics website! Happy hauling! (Let us know what you get!) PLUS! free shipping on all orders through the 31st!
MAC Cosmetics | ELECTROFLASH | Fall 2008
Details are here thanks to Bjooti.net! See our images here!
- Vanity’s Child Sheer pale beige with pearl (Lustre)
- Fast Thrill Frosty clean mid-tone pink with pearl (Frost)
- Mellow Mood Glossy mid-tone dirty pink with pearl (Lustre)
- Dangerously Hot Creamy deep brown red (Amplified)
- Cultureclash Frosty clear baby pink with multi-dimensional pearl (Frost)
- Major Minor Frosty mid-tone beige with multi-dimensional pearl (Frost)
- Sonic Vibe Frosty mid-tone pink with multi-dimensional pearl (Frost)
- Li’ Hot Pepper Frosty burnt red with multi-dimensional pearl (Frost)
MINERALIZE EYE SHADOW DUO
- Play on Plums Mélange/Mono Peachy gold with pink and bronze veining/Bronzed burgundy mono
- Sea & Sky Mélange/Mono Silvery pale blue with deep blue and silver veining/Bright blue mono
- Hot Contrast Mélange/Mono Dirty red with silver and black veining/Black mono
- Love Connection Mélange/Mono Pale beige with gold and blue veining/Warm gold mono
- Two to Glow Mélange/Mono Dirty bronze with pink and orange veining/Orange mono
- Odd Couple Mélange/Mono Warm gold with lavender and bronze veining/Purple mono
- Polar Opposites Mélange/Mono Dirty purple with silver, indigo and pink veining/True silver mono
- Fresh Green Mix Mélange/Mono Golden olive with blue, gold and aqua veining/Lime mono
- Pink Split Mélange/Mono Dirty rose with bronze and pale blue veining/Pink with gold pearl mono
- 227 Large Fluff Large size paddle with fluffed double chiseled, rounded tip