MAC Cosmetics | Style Warrior
Launch Date: May 28th, 2009 (North America), June 2009 (International).
You can find information about Part 1 and Part 2 of this launch already posted on the blog. We didn’t have all of the product imagery from this launch, but now we have the images for all of Part 1 and Part 2!
See more product images… Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics | Double Dazzle
Launch Date: April 9th, 2009 (North America), May 2009 (International).
All you need is Love… Lips and Lashes! Summer simplified for the modern makeup minimalist. Double Dazzle will daze the closest competition with colour-changing, light-reflecting pearl-shine lips; paired with a new formula for the ultimate in voluptuous lashes, et voilà! Lips lead: seven new Dazzleglass shades bring the scintillating selection up to 18! The flotilla-of-lights formula imparts the pearl combination with mega-glisten shine, creamy comfort and the subtle sensation of vanilla. Lashes follow: multiplied, volumized, utterly glorified by our newest eye innovation…This sly new small-and-mighty brush has been developed to capture and emphasize each and every lash. Lips, Lashes, Lovers…Look out!
Dazzleglass ($18.00 U.S. / $21.50 CDN)
- Sugarrimmed Milky pale pink with red, teal and white pearl
- Goldyrocks Sheer soft yellow with pink and gold pearl
- Moth to Flame Sheer neutral beige with violet pearl
- Smile Light coral with pink and gold pearl
- Steppin’ Out Clean yellow pink with red pearl
- Utterly Posh Mid-tone orange with pink and gold pearl
- Love Alert Raspberry red with red pearl
- Date Night Deep plum with blue and gold pearl
- Funtablulous Purple with violet pearl
- Extra Amps Sheer bright blue pink with blue and pink pearl
- Like Venus Clean light bubble gum pink with red pearl
- Stop! Look! Sheer violet mauve with blue and pink pearl
- Money Honey Mid-tone rosy mauve with red pearl
- Rags to Riches Plumm y pink with teal and red pearl
- Baby Sparks Pale pink with violet pearl
- Bare Necessity Caramel apricot with red and gold pearl
- Girl’s Delight Sheer mid-tone tan with gold pearl
- Get Rich Quick Warm yellow brown
Dazzle Lash ($12.00 U.S. / $14.00 CDN)
- Star Brunette Brown
- Black Dazzle Black
Available: April 30th, 2009 (North America), May 2009 (International).
See more product images… Continue reading →
As promised, here are the rest of the dazzleglass swatches! Continue reading →
Here are lip swatches for the first nine of the eighteen dazzleglasses! I’ll post up the rest a little later today
See more swatches! Continue reading →
OVERALL, if you’re a dazzleglass fan, MAC Double Dazzle is the collection you’ve been waiting for. With eighteen dazzleglasses–six new and twelve repromotes–it’s hard not to find at least a few that catch your eye. Dazzleglass as a formula is a thick, ultra glittery sheer sticky gloss. Some of them are less sticky than others, but the majority have a thick consistency and reapplying isn’t always easy. The glitter isn’t subtle in the least bit (don’t think they’re like Chanel Glossimers); the glitter is obvious and bright. If you’ve handled Reflects Glitters, the glitter in these is very similar. (In fact, if you can’t afford any of these right now, mix any gloss with Reflects Glitter for a DIY version.)
Can’t get to the store? Buy online: Double Dazzleglass @ Nordstrom.
I bought them all (as you can see), so I could take photos and do lip swatches (forthcoming) for my dearest readers. Normally, I’d say I’d have bought Goldyrocks, and Smile from the new ones. I had originally bought a ton of them, but I passed them along to my sister and only kept a couple (four to be exact). I may have repurchased Extra Amps and Rags to Riches. What did you end up buying? What are you planning to get?
Don’t forget to check out: product photos & swatches.
Must-Have: Goldyrocks, Smile, Funtabulous, Extra Amps, Money Honey,
Nice-to-Have: Steppin’ Out, Utterly Posh, Love Alert, Like Venus, Rags to Riches, Baby Sparks
Skip: Sugarrimmed, Girl’s Delight, Stop! Look!
Get in-depth review color by color… Continue reading →
Sugarrimmed, Goldyrocks, Moth to Flame, Smile, Steppin’ Out, Utterly Posh
Here are product photos for the eighteen dazzleglasses from MAC Double Dazzle! Review is coming soon — wanted to get the pictures up as soon as possible before going to write!
See all the images! Continue reading →