MAC Peacocky: Overall Review & Recommendations
OVERALL, I was really impressed by the texture of the Mega Metal Eyeshadows, so much so that I gave them my highest grade. There is a reason why I don’t give out many A or A+ grades, and I think that it how it should be–these grades should be reserved for extraordinary products and ones that really knock it out of the park. The texture is smooth, buttery (almost creamy, but it is for sure a powder), and blends like a dream. Excellent color pay off, and these can be used wet or dry (without leaving any “wet” spots behind). I have several of these on my must-have list, but please understand that the formula is what makes them must-haves, and so when it comes to colors, it is really more about what colors you want.
I couldn’t think of anything wrong with these, and even though they are more expensive than the smaller MAC eyeshadows, these are over double the size–a tremendous value. But you must consider value vs. price; just because you get a lot of product doesn’t mean you’ll ever use it all, so then price should be more important than whether you get a truck load or a thimble full!
Of course, personally, I prefer uniformity, and love that I can depot my single eyeshadows and put them into palettes to save space. These are too big for the eyeshadow palettes but too small for the blush palettes. You can remove the insert on the MAC palettes, however, or use other brand’s empty palettes. They are similar in size to the Tartan Tale eyeshadows, mineralize eyeshadows, and Cream Colour Bases.
The Kissable Lipcolours are nice–the lighter shades, like Super, seem to fade faster (about three to four hours of wear, but quicker if you eat/drink), while the darker shades, like Scandelicious, last six to eight hours and can make it through eating/drinking. They’re lightweight, comfortable to wear, and don’t dry out lips at all. They have MAC’s signature vanilla scent, and nearly all of them are opaque with others being semi-opaque. I’m just not impressed with their $18 price tag.
Photos, Reviews, Swatches
- Mega Metal Eyeshadows (Part 1) (Centre Stage, Dalliance, Dandizette, Ego, Mating Call)
- Mega Metal Eyeshadows (Part 2) (Noir Plum, Odalisque, Paparazz-she, Peek-at-You, Prance)
- Mega Metal Eyeshadows (Part 3) (Sex-pectations, Spectacle of Yourself, Top of the Posh, Tweet Me, Unflappable)
- Mega Metal Eyeshadow Dupes & Comparisons (Part 2)
- Kissable Lipcolour (Part 1) (Enchantee, Exxxhibitionist, Flaunting It, Love Peck)
- Kissable Lipcolour (Part 2) (Peacocky, Scandelicious, So Vain, Strut Your Stuff)
- Kissable Lipcolour (Part 3) (Super, Temper Tantra, Vanity Fair, Woo Me)
- Kissable Lipcolour Dupes & Comparisons (Part 2)