OVERALL, MAC Style Warrior is a good mix of color, neutrals, and perfect-for-summer products. It’s no Neo Sci Fi for me, but I found plenty of new favorites and items I didn’t think I’d love. I think what I liked most about this collection is the majority of products were well-pigmented and color pay off was a dream on many items. I know some were concerned about the collection being too warm and not working on cooler skin tones, but I definitely didn’t get that impression. There are certain items that are more about bronzy, sun-glowing skin, but a lot of them are designed to help you fake-it. The lipsticks were surprisingly pigmented, and the lipglasses coordinated well in a way that wasn’t completely redundant. In the end, I do think Style Warrior is worth a peek or two next time you’re at your local MAC! (As far as the official launch date goes, I have heard May 20th, 21st, and 28th — I’d recommend calling your local store to find out.)
Must-Haves: Brave New Bronze, Gold Rebel, Bright Future, Vibrant Grape, On A Mission, Mercenary
Nice-to-Haves: Purple Rite, Sunsational, Liberated, Tempting, Night Maneuvers, Eversun, Impassioned, Sun Rush
Skip: Scatterrays, Soft Force, Peaceable
See detailed, product-by-product reviews… Continue reading →
Lipsticks: Brave New Bronze, Purple Rite, Sunsational, Tribalist
MAC Style Warrior Swatches!
Enjoy! Review, swatches, and lip swatches to follow. Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics is now selling pro palette refills online!
Yes, ONLINE! For those with only access to counters (or no access to stores at all!), you can score your eyeshadow pans online with ease. Not only that, but powder blush pans are also available online to all consumers–these aren’t even available at freeestanding stores (unless it’s changed recently)–typically only available at PRO stores.
You can also find the empty palettes for purchase under the “Kit Essentials” and then “Containers” section of the website (or quads, 15-pans, blush). I think some of you have some shopping to do! (And if you do, be sure to share your hauls in this post!)
This is NOT an official promotional image for the collection.
MAC Cosmetics Graphic Garden Collection for Nordstrom Anniversary
U.S. Launch Date: July 17th (July 9th at The Bay)
Brush Bags ($49.50)
A black and white twill bag with a separate brush holder featuring a rose or poppy pattern.
- Define & Blend 129SE, 190SE, 209SE, 219SE, 252SE
- Shape & Perfect 168SE, 187SE, 194SE, 212SE, 275SE
Eye Shadow 6 Palette ($38.00)
A black metal compact with a black and white plaque featuring the repeat signature MAC logo that morphs (holographic) into a black and white floral pattern when viewed from different angles.
Fresh Cut Palette
- Floral Inc. (Frost)
- Sun-Shy (Lustre)
- Fresh Cut (Veluxe Pearl)
- Poppy Noir (Velvet)
- Bloomcycle (Veluxe Pearl)
- Part Peony (Lustre)
- 213SE Brush
Graphic Garden Palette
- Social Climber (Veluxe Pearl)
- Botancial Blue (Frost)
- Straight Hedge (Veluxe Pearl)
- Wild Wisteria (Lustre)
- Linear Lilac (Veluxe Pearl)
- Graphic Garden (Velvet)
- 213SE brush
Lip Bags ($34.50)
A black and white twill makeup bag featuring a rose or poppy pattern.
Summer Crop Lip Bag
- Lipstick: Semi-Annual (Lustre)
- Lipstick: Garden Bed (Lustre)
- Lipglass: Summer Crop (Frost)
Baby Blooms Lip Bag
- Lipstick: Soft Illusion (Frost)
- Lipstick: Spiceflower (Amplified Cream)
- Lipglass: Baby Blooms (Frost)
See details for the Look Boxes! Continue reading →
MAC Style Warriors Sneak Peek
You know as soon as I get word of anything new, I’m totally passing it on–so here are a few product photos, swatches, and lip swatches from three items from Style Warriors. It also looks like Style Warriors is having some unveiling parties as early as May 5th, and my store told me it launches on May 21st. The original release date for this collection is/was May 28th. I definitely suggest calling your local store in a week or two if you want to make sure you don’t miss the launch date. (I’m going to be doing the same!)
Not sure what Style Warriors is?
- Purple Rite is a plummy-pink. Despite looking quite daunting in the tube, it’s really sheer and not nearly as deep as it looks. I was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out! My says it is a lustre finish, and it does feel like one, but I can’t promise it is.
- Tribalist is an opaque, deep reddish berry brown. It’s not super opaque, but it gets pretty pigmented with a few layers. This is definitely a color I suggest using both a lip liner and a lip brush to apply, so you can get the perfect application. I don’t know the finish of this lipstick yet, sorry!
- Bronze Hero is a peachy shade with a little bit of orange and lots of gold shimmer in it. The texture reminds me of a thinner glimmershimmer. The packaging is interesting, because they’re like the puff paints found in craft stores. There’s a very thin “tube” that you squeeze product out of, rather than the glimmershimmers which came in glass packaging and used a pump to disperse the product. When initially squeezed out, the color comes out strong (so a little will do you), but sheering it out gives just a little bit of shimmery glow. I do feel this product is better for body than face, but I think you can still use on the face, too. Just easier to add it to your favorite lotion
See swatches & product photos! Continue reading →
Secret Crush see thru lip colour
See lip swatches for the other products from MAC’s A Rose Romance! Continue reading →