MAC’s Sugarsweet Collection brought us two fun nail lacquers: Peppermint Patti and Seasonal Peach.
Peppermint Patti is a minty green cream. It’s not overly bright, but it isn’t super pale either–it’s kind of a medium in the color range. The swatch above is with two regular coats (not too thin, not too thick). I’d probably suggest going for a third medium to thick coat to really get an opaque, creamy finish.
Seasonal Peach is a creamy, pale peach with a lil’ bit of pink. This is actually a repromoted color, but it’s still one of my favorites. It’s a really wearable shade that’s perfect for spring and summer. I found two regular coats worked well with this one, but a third one wouldn’t hurt if you find it’s not truly opaque with two for you. It layers quite well, so it doesn’t look too thick with three.
See a swatch of Seasonal Peach… Continue reading →
Honey Light High-Light Powder
Temptalia has an EXCLUSIVE sneak peek at MAC’s Naked Honey collection!
I hope you enjoy it! You can read collection information to catch up, in case you missed it!
To clarify: the high-light powder has an overspray of shimmer, but once removed, the product still has a little shimmer/sheen. It is not chalky like the high-light powders from Dame Edna at all. It’s smooth, pigmented, and subtly shimmery.
See the goods
! Continue reading →
Lollipop Loving Lipstick
Here are lip swatches of Sugarsweet’s lip products!
- Bubbles is a bit frosty, and it isn’t a creamy finish, so it can skip or leave blotches behind. It gives decent color, and ideally this is worn with other lipsticks and glosses.
- Lollipop Loving is frosty and feels like a lustre or glaze. It’s mostly opaque, though a couple of coats will be required on more pigmented lips.
- Saint Germain is very creamy, and the color itself is quite opaque. You can do one light swipe of the lipstick to get a more toned down version of the color, or you can use two or three coats for an application as pictured.
- Sweet Thing is a shimmery glaze texture. It has decent color pay off, and it does brighten up lips.
- Touch is creamy with a subtle sheen in its finish. The color is rich, and it darkens lips to a neutral tone.
- Consume Me is thin, non-sticky to just slightly tacky. It’s virtually colorless.
- Just Dessert is tinged a milky pink, but it still comes out quite colorless on my lips.
- Simply Delicious is one notch above Just Dessert–a little pinker.
- Tasty is the pinkest, though still not rich in color.
- Triple-Yum has the most noticeable color difference, as the gold/bronze shimmer stands out.
Most pigmented: Lollipop Loving, Saint Germain, Sweet Thing, Touch
So-so: Bubbles, Tasty, Triple-Yum
Colorless: Consume Me, Just Dessert, Simply Delicious
See the rest of the swatches! Continue reading →
Product photos for MAC Sugarsweet! Continue reading →
Overall, MAC Sugarsweet Collection brings back shadesticks and some old favorites, but I don’t feel it has created any new favorites. The shadesticks are creamier this go-round, and they do feel a little softer. While I have always appreciated the original shadesticks for their color pay off, I just never loved the feel of them on my eye lid, so I had to pass them along to friends. I am looking forward to trying out the newer, creamier versions!The packaging on the shadesticks is nicer, too — almost a slick, shiny plastic casing.
What did you think of MAC’s Sugarsweet collection? What are you loving/hating? Tell me in the comments!
Neither the lipsticks or the tricolour lipglasses really grabbed my beauty-strings–there are a few that caught my eye, but nothing that caused my heart to speed up, you know? I am personally not a fan of sheer glosses, which is why the tricolour lipglasses aren’t up my alley either. The eyeshadows are so-so; they all have decent color pay off and texture, but none of limited colors screamed “must have!” I do think the finish of the mineralize skinfinishes is improved over the last few that have come out; there doesn’t seem to be any large, chunky shimmer–much more refined and subtle so it gives you a gentle sheen over a wallop of shimmer.
Must-Haves: Lollipop Loving, Stars ‘n Rockets, Butternutty, Red Velvet, Peppermint Patti
Nice-to-Haves: Saint Germain, Sweet Thing, Simply Delicious, Tasty, Aquavert, Cakeshop
Skip: Consume Me
Get in-depth reviews on each of the items from this collection! Continue reading →
Row 1: Cakeshop, Lemon Chiffon, Butternutty, Penny, Red Velvet
Row 2: Bubbles, Lollipop Loving, Saint Germain, Sweet Thing, Touch
Swatches for MAC’s Sugarsweet Collection! Continue reading →