MAC Cosmetics Warm & Cozy Collection
U.S. Launch Date: December 26th, 2009
A fireside fantasy far from the maddening crowd is undeniably appealing. Seek refuge in the warmth, the glow of skin rosy with Refined Golden Mineralize Skinfinish, Shadesticks in Cuddle, Nurture and Snuggle shades, cozy as a mug of cocoa on a bearskin rug. Curl up with the cashmere kiss of Warm Me Up Lipstick or Light That Fire! Lipglass; the woodsy, rustic chic of Mulled Cider Eye Shadow and Dim the Lights Na il La cquer. Like being in a majestic lodge surrounded by all of life’s real comforts. Natural beauty, the way M∙A∙C makes it modern.
Warm & Cozy Face, with Ca re Blends Essential Oils in Sweet Orange + La vender, or Grapefruit + Chamomile feels soothing and sultry when elements are harsh and extreme…add M∙A∙C signature innovation with Mineralize All-Over Moisture Lotion, and see new radiance, revivified lustre,optimum health. Like going on retreat and communing with nature, it’s an earthly way to bring back what the city takes away, and a sensual solution to make life simple, but luxurious. Winter beauty begins here.
Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Spiced Tea Warm bronzed brown (Glaze) (Limited Edition)
- Warm Me Up Creamy mid-tone neutral pink (Amplified) (Limited Edition)
- Siss Muted golden beige (Satin) (Permanent)
Lipglass ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- 2N Creamy neutral yellow pink (Cream) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Feeling Dreamy Pale neutral pink with pink pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- 3N Neutral brown with gold and pink pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Light That Fire! Mid-tone burnt coral with pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Eyeshadow ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Chamomile Creamy pale yellow (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Modelette Mid-tone warm camel (Satin) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Milled Cider Dark warm brown (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Embark Intense reddish brown (Matte) (Permanent)
Shadestick ($16.50 U.S. / $20.00 CDN)
- Nurture Frosted pale neutral pink beige (Limited Edition)
- Relaxed Frosted dark chocolate brown (Limited Edition)
- Cuddle Frosted light golden yellow (Limited Edition)
- Warm & Cozy Frosted burnt amber with red and gold pearlized pigments (Limited Edition)
Mineralize Skinfinish ($27.00 U.S. / $32.50 CDN)
- Comfort Golden bronze (Limited Edition)
- By Candlelight Golden pink (Limited Edition)
Nail Lacquer ($12.00 U.S. / $14.50 CDN)
- Blissed Out Creamy light nude (Limited Edition)
- Dim the Lights Creamy warm dark chocolate (Limited Edition)
Tinted Lip Conditioner ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Close for Comfort Pinkish brown (Limited Edition)
- Feelin’ Good Light neutral beige (Limited Edition)
MAC In the Studio Collection
U.S. Launch Date: December 26th, 2009
Dramatic, daring Lashes have been a chic and urbane part of the modern Artist’s persona since Edie and friends made it all happen Downtown, on block-print canvas or grainy 16-millimetre film. Multi-media, counter-culture, the ultimate cool. In The Studio is the epitome of the look updated, featuring new Studio Fix Lash in Bl ack Fix or Studio Brown, with the latest thermoplastic synth-rubber moulded brush, designed to kill clump as it separates lashes. The perfect complement? Studio Fix Powder, a powder and foundation-in-one, combining complete coverage with ease of application, goes on dry with a matte, velvety texture. Silica keeps the matte flat and absorbs oil, and talc smoothes it out. Go for the bold stroke, as they do In The Studio.
Studio Fix Lash ($13.00 U.S. / $15.50 CDN)
- Black Fix Black
- Studio Brown Brown
Studio Fix Powder ($26.00 U.S. / $31.00 CDN)
MAC Cosmetics Love Lace Collection
U.S. Launch Date: December 26th, 2009
Every couturier has forever had a fascination with the mysterious and alluring qualities of Lace. From Evita to Marlene Dietrich to some of the best-dressed of our red-carpet modern screen stars, it’s a long love affair. This salon-intimate collection is all about a dramatic, intense, smoky eye, with shadows that flash frosty grey to deep blue. Kohl Power is brought back for a limited time in favourite shades plus a new blackened marine blue. And naturally, 44 Lash adds the depth and desire. Lips stay pleasingly pale and Nail Lacquer in Light Affair adds a hint of danger. If ever there was a moment to do away with the winter doldrums and add some instant intrigue, this is it.
Lipstick ($14.00 U.S.)
- Pretty Please Pale pink pearl (Lustre) (Permanent)
- Intricate Frosted cool icy taupe (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Lipglass ($14.00 U.S.)
- Icescape Sheer pale pink with pink pearl (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Utterly Discrete Sheer frosted cool icy mauve (Limited Edition)
Eyeshadow ($14.50 U.S.)
- Pincurl Dusty white (Frost) (Repromote) (Limited Edition)
- Hypnotizing Frosted grey mauve (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Love Lace Frosted mid-tone greyish blue (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Suave Intentions Light frosted silver blue (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)
Kohl Power ($14.50 U.S.)
- Sense of Style Blackened deep marine blue (Limited Edition)
- Raven Intense red with black pearl (Limited Edition)
- Feline Rich black (Limited Edition)
Nail Lacquer ($12.00 U.S.)
- Light Affair Creamy pale grey taupe (Cream) (Limited Edition)
MAC in Lillyland (Lilly Pulitzer) Collection
U.S. Launch Date: January 7th, 2010
When M∙A∙C meets the lore and legend that is Lilly Pulitzer, you get a fabulous and funky fun new chapter: a bit of Mar-a-Lago, some well-to-do winky-wink, and a dash of retro-modern pop culture mayhem in prints and colours that make it hip to be in permanent happy land! A collaboration that feels like the best tongue-in-chic resort retort, with all the wonderful prints and Key West colour combinations Lilly has done so beautifully since, well, forever! Fly down to South Florida, with M∙A∙C in Lillyland!
Lipgelee ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Lush & Bright Bright pink yellow-coral with pink pearl (Limited Edition)
- Preppy Blue-pink with pink pearl (Limited Edition)
- Shift to Pink Light violet with silver pearl (Limited Edition)
- Resort Life Off-white with pink pearl (Limited Edition)
Pearlmatte Eyeshadow ($19.50 U.S. / $25.50 CDN)
- Three shades (white, green, pink) in a flower pattern (Limited Edition)
Pearlmatte Face Powder ($27.50 U.S. / $32.50 CDN)
- Four shades in a flower pattern (Limited Edition)
Cremeblend Blush ($18.50 U.S. / $22.00 CDN)
- Joie-de-Vivre Peachy coral (Limited Edition)
- Florida Bright fuchsia (Limited Edition)
- Optimistic Orange Bright coral (Limited Edition)
- So Sweet, So Easy Light yellow pink (Limited Edition)
Nail Lacquer ($12.00 U.S. / $15.50 CDN)
- Coconut Ice Light yellow peach pink (Cream) (Limited Edition)
- Steamy Hot N Steamy pink (Cream) (Permanent)
See more products… Continue reading →
MAC Dubonnet Lipstick
The Scarlet Season: MAC Dubonnet Lipstick
MAC Dubonnet Lipstick ($14.00 for 0.10 oz.) is a rich, deep shade of red with more of a brownish tone. It’s not really a blue-based red, nor an orange-based red–it’s truly one of those shades that works well on many skin tones. (Kind of like MAC’s Viva Glam I Lipstick!) It has a redder, richer look than VGI, plus it has the glossy sheen (though no shimmer). It applies opaque in just one layer, and it clings to lips without being drying. It holds up and wears for a good four or five hours and afterward, it does leave a slight stain behind. Definitely one of MAC’s must-haves!
What about you? Would you wear this red?
The Scarlet Season is a series of posts showcasing and featuring my favorite shades of red lips–from glosses to lipsticks that runs through December 2009. You can sure expect to see a lot of red this holiday season!
World AIDS Day 2009
Today is World AIDS Day. It is a day dedicated to raising awareness about HIV/AIDS, but it also remembers the people who have lost their lives to the spread of this pandemic. This year’s theme of the campaign is Respect and Protect. Learn more about the campaign, as well as HIV/AIDS at http://www.worldaidsday.org.
In support of the effort, some beauty brands have joined in to raise awareness and support the cause…
- Kiehl’s will doante 100% of net profits from each sale of Hand Care for a Cure, which is a limited edition version of its Ultimate Strength Hand Salve, to stemming the loss of life from HIV/AIDS. Kiehl’s has been committed to raising awareness of HIV/AIDS since 1996, and this year they’ve partnered with amfAR, the Foundation for AIDS Research.
- MAC Cosmetics is supporting World AIDS Day with a company-wide effort volunteer initiative. Hundreds of MAC artists from New York will be spending their time and sharing their skills with God’s Love We Deliver Facilities dedicated to improving those residents affected by HIV/AIDS. The New York City store will have a special one-day in-store promotion where 100% of sales for all Viva Glam Lipsticks and Lipglasses will be matched dollar-for-dollar by the MAC AIDS Fund. MAC has a year-round HIV/AIDS awareness initiative with their Viva Glam product line-up. 100% of all sales of Viva Glam Lipsticks and Lipglasses go towards fighting HIV/AIDS. MAF has raised over $150 million through the sale of the VG line.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics will be donating 100% of the selling price of their NSFW Nail Lacquer to National AIDS Education and Services for Minorities, Inc.