Lush Partners with Freedom to Marry with Freedom Foamer
Here at LUSH we believe that all of our employees, customers and communities are valued and should be protected equally. Because of this, we want to end the ongoing discrimination against tens of thousands of same-sex couples and their families across America. This means everyone – gay and non-gay – having the freedom to marry, with the same responsibilities, dignity, security and expression of love and equality. For two weeks starting on June 13th, LUSH is turning its shops across North America into ‘freedom to marry campaign centers’ where customers can learn about the 1,138 rights denied to same-sex couples and sign a postcard petition urging the federal government to take action and overturn the discriminatory Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA).
We are also asking customers to take a bath and help dissolve DOMA by purchasing our new limited edition FREEDOM FOAMER BUBBLE BAR ($5.95). 100% of the proceeds of this emerald green bubble bar will go to Freedom to Marry to support their “Why Marriage Matters” campaign. Scented with the uplifting and refreshing scents of lemon, lime and grapefruit oils, the Freedom Foamer will be available exclusively online and at LUSH stores across North America for the duration of the campaign. It’s the perfect antidote to weary soles and a respite for freedom fighters
Freedom Foamer is launching the week of June 13th and will be available online and at LUSH stores nationwide for the duration of the campaign. For more information on LUSH’s Freedom to Marry Campaign: www.lush.com/freedomtomarry
For people who care about their appearance but can’t be bothered with too much paraphernalia in the mornings, the NEW “Dirty” collection is a no-nonsense fragrance that hits you with intensely crisp spearmint, thyme and tarragon, and the subtle smell of calm seas.
Dirty takes the common idea of ‘layering’ with beauty products a little bit further. Normally, grooming products will all have a different scent. However, this new concept of layering means you can shower in invigorating spearmint and thyme, shave with soothing lavender and sandalwood, and style hair with tarragon and oak moss. Once all of these products with their individual fragrances have been used, the combined scent will be that of Dirty, and can be topped off with the body spray, which contains all those main notes.
Dirty Spring Wash Shower Gel ($9.95 for 3.3 oz., $17.95 for 8.4 oz., $26.95 for 16.9 oz.)
Don’t be a dirty rotten scoundrel. Recreate your very own mountain spring and wash with this tingly, softening, minty shower gel that contains spearmint, thyme, and sea salt.
Dirty Shaving Cream ($12.95)
Shave it all off using our ultra-softening oats and benzoin shaving cream. There’s also lavender and sandalwood in there to soothe any irritations.
Dirty Hair Gel ($12.95)
Refresh your coif with our conditioning and softening, firm hold styling product. Made with fair trade coconut oil, linseed gel and balm herb infusion for the perfect just-got-out-of bed style.
Dirty Body Spray ($19.95)
If you don’t have the time for a full-on Dirty routine in the morning, take a quickie instead and spritz yourself liberally with this body spray before you head out the door. No one will ever know.
availability: May 23rd, 2011
LUSH for Holiday 2010
LUSH always puts out a TON of holiday items and gift sets, so check out this rather exhaustive list… Everything is available online at LUSH! Anything catch your fancy? Personally, this is one of my favorite brands for finding great, affordable gifts to give or use as stocking stuffers.
- Snowcake ($6.95 for 3.5 oz.) (Vegan) Marzipan-scented soap cake
- Angel’s Delight ($5.95 for 3.5 oz.) (Vegan) The reason angels come down to earth at Christmas
- Candy Candy ($5.95 for 3.5 oz.) (Vegan) A sweet bubbly treat for the bath
- Snow Fairy Shower Gel ($24.95 for 16.9 fl. oz.) (Vegan) Fruity pink shower gel for snow fairies everywhere
- Li’l LUSH Pud ($3.95 for 3.1 oz.) Just like the traditional English pudding! Without the fire part, that is.
- Cinders ($3.95 for 3.1 oz.) A soothing soaker for seasonal chills
- Satsumo Santa ($4.95) (Vegan) Bursting with citrus oils for a jolly good bath
- So White ($3.95 for 3.1 oz.) (Vegan) Soak in apple-scented froth for a happy ending
- Christmas Eve ($6.25 for 3.5 oz.) (Vegan) Too excited to sleep? Have a soak with one of these!
- Sugar Plum Fairy ($4.95 for 3.5 oz.) (Vegan) And sugar plum fairies danced on their skin
- Winter Bath ($3.95 for 3.5 oz.) Finished frolicking in the snow? Hop in a winter bath.
- The Boog ($6.95 for 4.6 oz.) A Swedish snowman tradition with a twist
- Gingerbread House ($6.25 for 3.5 oz.) (Vegan) Christmas is a confectioner’s dream, especially with our Gingerbread House bubble bar
- Bearded Lady ($5.95 for 3.5 oz.) We dare you not to make a bubble beard
- Glogg ($24.95 for 16.9 fl. oz.) (Vegan) A Swedish tradition to get you in a lather
- Bon Bon ($8.95 for 0.9 oz.) (Vegan) Scrumptious cranberry scrub for sugary, sweet lips
- Snow Fairy ($5.95 for 0.4 oz.) (Vegan) Bubblegum flavoured lip tint
- Maple Taffy ($4.95 for 0.4 oz.) (Vegan) This Christmas, kiss like a Canadian
- Once a Year ($8.95 for 2.1 oz.) Mark your calendars for a festive treat
- Buche de Noel ($9.95 for 3.5 oz.) (Vegan) Boozy cleanser for soft, winter skin
- Iced Wine ($10.95 for 8.8 oz.) A specialty treat made just once a year
- Mandarin’s Tea Party ($6.95 for 3.5 oz.) Mandarin orange soap fit for an emperor
- Snow Globe ($5.95 for 3.5 oz.) Citrus invigoration for winter mornings
- Matrioshka ($19.95) S Rozhdestvom! Celebrate the season with our bath time babushka
- Silent White ($6.00 for 6.3 oz.) Peaceful floral fizzer for winding down the day
- Hot Toddy ($6.95 for 3.5 oz.) (Vegan) Fancy a Hot Toddy or two?
- Christmas Kisses ($6.95 for 3.5 oz.) (Vegan) Spicy cinnamon bubbles for big, warming cuddles
- Ruby Red Slippers ($6.95 for 3.5 oz.) (Vegan) There’s no place like your tub
- Gold, Frankincense, and Beer ($6.95 for 3.5 oz.) (Vegan) Golden boozy jelly for a pre-party in your shower
- A Gold Star ($6.95 for 3.5 oz.) (Vegan) A golden star of frankincense to lead you back home
Check out gift sets!
LUSH Launches Lovely Jubblies
If you need a little hump day pick-me-up… see if this new LUSH product does the trick! 😉 It made me giggle when I saw it come through my inbox yesterday afternoon…
Feeling a bit “low” these days? LUSH is here to “perk” you up with the introduction of our Lovely Jubblies Breast Cream ($24.95)! An expertly blended mix of essential oils gives things a much needed lift in the right direction. Tiger lily petals and Meadowsweet, traditionally used to tighten skin, are ideal for keeping your pair firm, while an infusion of fresh roses soothes and makes skin supple.
To use, simply smooth cream in an upwards direction over breasts and décolletage. This blend of cold-pressed, organic oils will also keep your entire body in top form, helping create a “firm nation”. This amazing cream is for everyone, of any size, any background, any gender. Depending on how “blessed” you are, you might even need two pots!