Autumn makes me think of the changing colors of the leaves, rain, and a lingering dampness and crispness in the air–which always makes me think of earthiness. One of my favorite earth tones is greens, and this post is inspired by them; murky, mossy, and dirty greens that are beautiful to wear.
- Inglot #419 — a subtly warm-toned, dirty green with a frosted finish
- OCC Ripley — a gorgeous, gold-sparkled mossy green with threads of metallic shimmer for your nails
- Urban Decay Stash — a classic olive-green eyeliner that’s richly pigmented and glides on easily
- Make Up For Ever #84 — a muted, darkened green with neutral-cool undertones
- L’Oreal Golden Emerald — a richly pigmented, slightly warm-toned gold-shimmered forest green
What are your top favorites?
I love weathered blues; which I interpret as blues that are dusty, muted, gray-tinged, stormy, and such. There’s just a faded quality to them, but there’s still depth and interest in the color. My very favorite of all-time is Urban Decay Strip, which was discontinued quite awhile ago.
- Urban Decay Shattered — a shimmering, muted blue with green and gold shimmer
- L’Oreal Infinite Sky — a gorgeous, glimmering stormy blue with a hint of gray
- Zoya Skylar — a muted, gray-tinged blue with gold sparkle
- Inglot #336 — slightly brightened and richer, but still a rather muted, navy blue with a matte finish
- Zoya Sunshine — a sparkling, muted navy blue polish
What’s your favorite shade of a weathered blue?
September is the beginning of all things autumn for me. The temperatures have already started to cool down by me, though it’s still warm overall, the nights are cooling down. I’ve always been partial to September, as I am a September baby Usually, the real start of fall begins with my first sip of Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte, but they already brought it back (and it was delicious!). By this point, I’ve typically reviewed several fall color collections, which is perfect timing so I can include some of those favorites while they can still be purchased. This month’s Tempting 10 features more recently released shades from the fall collections, but I still wanted to highlight a few favorites that you can find all year-long.
- Dior Millenium — a shimmering warm-toned, pewter in a cream formula that can be used as a sheer wash or built up for more intensity.
- Sugarpill Cold Chemistry Palette — it is such a perfect mix of deep, smoky shades for fall with excellent color payoff across the board.
- Color Club Beyond — a deep, warm, smoky gray-black with holographic shimmer–like ash from a crackling fireplace with dancing, fiery bits of shimmer.
- Urban Decay Vice — a rich, plummy purple polish with a soft, shimmering pearl.
- Milani Purr-fect Purple — a vibrant, rich purple eyeshadow with shimmer–perfect for accenting the eye!
- Tom Ford Love Lust — it’s a warmer, more muted coral, so it’s a lovely transition shade from summer to fall
- Guerlain Madame Batifole — creamy, hydrating, incredibly pigmented, and long-wearing makes this a rich, fuchsia-shimmered berry-red a true joy to wear.
- Tom Ford She-Wolf — it’s pricey, but not only is it a palette I could easily see myself reaching for time and time again, it was a palette that readers gravitated towards. It was easily one of the most viewed products from all fall color collections!
- Benefit Rockateur — a rose gold blush is subtle, wears well, and reminds me of the colors of autumn; rusty in a way, but still warm and inviting.
- Too Faced Pretty Rebel Palette — ten glorious shades of bold, bright, eye-catching shadows with buttery, soft, and smooth textures and excellent color payoff.
I hope you’ll consider sharing your must-haves for September in the comments! Here’s a quickie list to get you started…
Must-Have Eye Products:
Must-Have Cheek/Face Products:
Must-Have Lip Products:
Must-Have Hair/Skin Products: