Autumn makes me think of the changing colors of the leaves, rain, and a lingering dampness and crispness in the air–which always makes me think of earthiness. One of my favorite earth tones is greens, and this post is inspired by them; murky, mossy, and dirty greens that are beautiful to wear.
- Inglot #419 — a subtly warm-toned, dirty green with a frosted finish
- OCC Ripley — a gorgeous, gold-sparkled mossy green with threads of metallic shimmer for your nails
- Urban Decay Stash — a classic olive-green eyeliner that’s richly pigmented and glides on easily
- Make Up For Ever #84 — a muted, darkened green with neutral-cool undertones
- L’Oreal Golden Emerald — a richly pigmented, slightly warm-toned gold-shimmered forest green
What are your top favorites?
I love weathered blues; which I interpret as blues that are dusty, muted, gray-tinged, stormy, and such. There’s just a faded quality to them, but there’s still depth and interest in the color. My very favorite of all-time is Urban Decay Strip, which was discontinued quite awhile ago.
- Urban Decay Shattered — a shimmering, muted blue with green and gold shimmer
- L’Oreal Infinite Sky — a gorgeous, glimmering stormy blue with a hint of gray
- Zoya Skylar — a muted, gray-tinged blue with gold sparkle
- Inglot #336 — slightly brightened and richer, but still a rather muted, navy blue with a matte finish
- Zoya Sunshine — a sparkling, muted navy blue polish