5 Subtle Highlight Eyeshadows
When it comes to choosing a highlighter, the best kind tend to have a satin-like finish–not too frosted or shimmery, but not entirely matte, because it will reflect light without looking metallic. Both matte and more shimmery highlighters have their place, though Choices for highlighters can vary based on skin tone, as one that works for really pale skin may look very stark against a deeper skin tone.
- MAC Brule — MAC has a huge selection of pale beige shades; I also suggest Dazzlelight, Bisque, Blanc Type, Shroom, and Vanilla
- Inglot #355 — pale peach with subtle warm undertones
- Burberry Trench — light satiny beige
- MAC Grain — beige-brown with a subtle sheen
- MAC Ricepaper — surprisingly universal shade of beige with subtle yellow undertones
What’s your go-to highlighter for eyes?
5 Bright Yellow Eyeshadows
Reader Mindy suggested this post, and here are my top five yellow eyeshadows… honestly, it was pretty easy, because there aren’t nearly as many bright yellow eyeshadows in my repertoire as one might think! I look forward to seeing your favorites to find some new shades to try!
- MAC Bright Sunshine – sunshine yellow with a shimmer-sheen
- Sugarpill Buttercupcake — matte brightened yellow
- Inglot #370 — matte bright yellow
- Inglot #323 — matte golden yellow
- MAC Bright Yellow — matte yellow
What’s your favorite bright yellow eyeshadow?
5 True Blue Eyeshadows
Blue eyeshadow is such an empowering shade to wear, because it’s so often the, “No way!” shade. It’s vibrant and intense and there are so many good ones available! If you’re hesitant to wear blue eyeshadow, try wearing it with neutrals–perhaps a little blue in the crease or on the lower lash line.
- MAC Freshwater
- MAC Blue Calm
- Inglot #426
- Make Up For Ever #167
- Inglot #322
What’s your favorite true blue eyeshadow?
5 Midnight Navy Blue Eyeshadows
This type of shade is popular, and there are so many wonderful versions available! These are five of my favorites, from high-end to budget-friendly.
- Le Metier de Beaute Lapis
- MAC Deep Truth
- Make Up For Ever #308
- NYX Kiss in Casablanca
- Inglot #428
What’s your favorite navy blue eyeshadow?
5 Lovely Lilac & Lavender Eyeshadows
Purple can be a hard color to nail, and even lighter variations of purple can be tough. For those who love the idea of purple but haven’t found a good way to wear it yet, consider a lighter shade, which can be easier to work with.
- Benefit Fancy Pansy
- Inglot #440
- MAC Digit
- Inglot #346
- MAC Beautiful Iris
What’s your favorite lavender/lilac eyeshadow?
Top 10 of 2011: Eyeshadow Palettes
The idea of picking a mere ten fantastic products for the entire eye category (which, as I’m sure you’re aware, I have a great love for) was borderline absurd. I could not resist breaking it out a bit more
- Bare Escentuals The Playlist Eyeshadow Palette (plus lots of love for the Ready formula in general!)
- Tarina Tarantino Jewel Eyeshadow Palettes
- theBalm Nude ‘tude Eyeshadow Palette
- theBalm Cast Your Shadow Palette
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Comfort Zone Eyeshadow Palette
- Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Eyeshadow Palette
- Chanel Topkapi Eyeshadow Quad
- Inglot Eyeshadow Palettes
- Le Metier de Beaute Penelope Kaleidoscope
- theBalm Shady Lady Vol. 3
What was your favorite eyeshadow palette this year?