Reach for Olympic Gold with 5 Favorites
I thought it would be fun to celebrate the London Olympics with a few posts inspired by the colors of the medals handed out (gold, silver, and bronze). This post features five of my favorite gold-colored products!
What’s your favorite gold-colored beauty product?
5 Shimmering Silver Eyeshadows
I love a really shimmery silver on the lid with a matte gray or black eyeshadow in the crease for a very traditional, monochromatic smoky eye!
What’s your favorite silver eyeshadow?
5 Summery Peachy-Pink Eyeshadows
This is one of my favorite colors to wear! As someone with a warmer undertone, this type of color is flattering–it brightens, warms up, and looks (fairly) natural on. I can do a quick sweep on the lid, or I can incorporate it with other shades like golds, oranges, reds, and purples.
- Inglot #407 — fiery peachy-pink
- Make Up For Ever #153 — gold-shimmered peach-pink
- Lancome Kitten Heel — yellow-toned pink with peach shimmer
- MAC Expensive Pink — darkened warm pink with gold shimmer
- Urban Decay Scratch — soft peach-pink
What’s your favorite peachy-pink eyeshadow?
5 Just Peachy Eyeshadows
Peach! What an interesting color–sometimes peach can read almost pink-peach, but I think it’s closer to yellow/orange with a general lightness that keeps it from being categorized as a yellow or orange. Here are my top five picks for peachy eyeshadows…
- theBalm Luscious Lani — soft peach beige with a frosted sheen
- Inglot #330 — matte pastel peach-orange
- Chanel Emerveille — shimmery peach beige
- MAC Orb — neutral peach beige
- Inglot #328 — matte yellowed peach
What’s your favorite peach eyeshadow?
5 Perfectly Cool-Toned Pink Eyeshadows
Cool-toned pinks tend to be blue-based, and when they’re on the lighter end of the spectrum, you’ll find they’re described as cotton candy or bubblegum pink, while when they’re on the darker end of the spectrum, they are often fuchsia or magenta.
- MAC Seedy Pearl — cool-toned iridescent pink
- Inglot #319 — cotton candy pink with blue undertones
- Urban Decay Woodstock — medium-dark fuchsia pink
- Inglot #362 — light-medium blue-based pink
- Urban Decay Hot Pants — bubblegum pink
What’s your favorite cool-toned pink eyeshadow?
5 Beautiful Cool-Toned Brown Eyeshadows
Cool-toned browns tend to lean just a little gray, but not gray enough to become taupe.
What’s your favorite cool-toned brown eyeshadow?