5 Bright Yellow Eyeshadows
Reader Mindy suggested this post, and here are my top five yellow eyeshadows… honestly, it was pretty easy, because there aren’t nearly as many bright yellow eyeshadows in my repertoire as one might think! I look forward to seeing your favorites to find some new shades to try!
- MAC Bright Sunshine — sunshine yellow with a shimmer-sheen
- Sugarpill Buttercupcake — matte brightened yellow
- Inglot #370 — matte bright yellow
- Inglot #323 — matte golden yellow
- MAC Bright Yellow — matte yellow
What’s your favorite bright yellow eyeshadow?
5 True Blue Eyeshadows
Blue eyeshadow is such an empowering shade to wear, because it’s so often the, “No way!” shade. It’s vibrant and intense and there are so many good ones available! If you’re hesitant to wear blue eyeshadow, try wearing it with neutrals–perhaps a little blue in the crease or on the lower lash line.
- MAC Freshwater
- MAC Blue Calm
- Inglot #426
- Make Up For Ever #167
- Inglot #322
What’s your favorite true blue eyeshadow?
5 Midnight Navy Blue Eyeshadows
This type of shade is popular, and there are so many wonderful versions available! These are five of my favorites, from high-end to budget-friendly.
- Le Metier de Beaute Lapis
- MAC Deep Truth
- Make Up For Ever #308
- NYX Kiss in Casablanca
- Inglot #428
What’s your favorite navy blue eyeshadow?
5 Lovely Lilac & Lavender Eyeshadows
Purple can be a hard color to nail, and even lighter variations of purple can be tough. For those who love the idea of purple but haven’t found a good way to wear it yet, consider a lighter shade, which can be easier to work with.
- Benefit Fancy Pansy
- Inglot #440
- MAC Digit
- Inglot #346
- MAC Beautiful Iris
What’s your favorite lavender/lilac eyeshadow?
Top 10 of 2011: Eyeshadow Palettes
The idea of picking a mere ten fantastic products for the entire eye category (which, as I’m sure you’re aware, I have a great love for) was borderline absurd. I could not resist breaking it out a bit more
- Bare Escentuals The Playlist Eyeshadow Palette (plus lots of love for the Ready formula in general!)
- Tarina Tarantino Jewel Eyeshadow Palettes
- theBalm Nude ‘tude Eyeshadow Palette
- theBalm Cast Your Shadow Palette
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Comfort Zone Eyeshadow Palette
- Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Eyeshadow Palette
- Chanel Topkapi Eyeshadow Quad
- Inglot Eyeshadow Palettes
- Le Metier de Beaute Penelope Kaleidoscope
- theBalm Shady Lady Vol. 3
What was your favorite eyeshadow palette this year?
Holiday Gift Guide: Must-Have Beauty Products for Eyes
I’m going to do my best to crank out the last few gift guides in the next day, because I know a lot of sales are coming up for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, and I don’t want you to miss out! These are all products I personally recommend that are part of the permanent range. Products are listed in order of ascending price!
- Milani Liquif’Eye Eyeliners ($5.49) is a standout formula with a wallet-friendly price tag–if they had a bigger range, they’d be even better. I love their Black and Aqua shades.
- MAC Fluidlines ($15) is a long-time favorite, because it’s creamy enough for smooth, crisp application but sets and wears well. My favorite is Blacktrack.
- Tarina Tarantino Dream Hyperliners ($15) are a newly-discovered favorite with a fantastic color range, rich color, and long-wear. My favorite shades have been Sparkling Ammunition and Puppeteer.
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Liners ($18) also has an amazing range of shades as well as finishes, and this is an eyeliner that stays on well throughout the day. I regularly reach for shades like #4L, 5L, 12L, and 20L.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencils ($18) are a total go-to for me! They have a full color range available, and they’re soft and glide on easily. Some of my favorites are Bourbon Covet, Graffiti, Mildew, Rockstar, Stash, and Underground.
- Stila Smudgestick Waterproof Eyeliners ($20) are super soft and pigmented, but they do run out of quick–but their color range is so rich, it’s hard to say no. I love Moray, Peacock, and Stingray.
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliners ($21) is a rich, long-wearing gel eyeliner that’s smooth and creamy but still wears all day. Check out shades like Black Mauve Shimmer Ink and Cobalt Ink!
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Liners ($23) is my absolute favorite for liquid liner, because the color range is wide and the formula itself stays on all day. I recommend shades like #3, 4, 9, 10, and 14. If you like lots and lots of sparkle, consider Stila Sparkle Liquid Eyeliners ($22) which have a very similar formula but their shades have more shimmer.
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow ($1.99 to $4.99) are a real steal with a lot of variations and options available, and a lot of the shades are of excellent quality.
- Inglot Eyeshadows ($5) won’t break the bank but will deliver intense color payoff–they’re most well-known for their mattes and Double Sparkles.
- Sugarpill Chromalusts ($12) are finely milled with lots of dimension. My favorites are Stella, Absinthe, and Goldilux! I’d also recommend checking out their eyeshadows if you’re shopping for someone who loves bright colors (they’re also $12 and top notch).
- theBalm Eyeshadows ($16) are richly pigmented, silky smooth, and wear really well. Their individual singles are great, but they also have several palettes that work well, too. My favorite singles are All About Alex, Jealous Jordana, and Risque Renee.
- Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner ($19) are some of my favorite cream eyeshadows for quick all-over washes or as an eyeshadow base; the range is generally more neutral/subdued so it would be great for busy folks who don’t have a lot of time to spend on their makeup every morning. I love shades like Birthday Suit and Skinny Jeans.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencils ($20) is a chubby pencil that can be used as an eyeliner or more like a cream eyeshadow (or even an eyeshadow base). They wear really well and deliver pretty good color. I like shades Clinic, Lit, and Midnight Cowboy.
- Bare Escentuals Ready Eyeshadows ($20 for duo, $30 for quad) caught me off guard, because I really didn’t think they’d be out of this world, but they’re really, really good. Some of my favorite duos are The Scenic Route and The Escape, and some of my favorite quads are The Elements and The Truth.
- MAC Pigments ($20) are still one of my favorite products for really revving up a look. Some of the permanent shades I love are Pink Opal, Melon, and Teal.
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams ($22) come in neutrals as well as bright pops of color, and they’re a cream product that really locks down once it sets. I love the Aqua Creams best for eyes. I totally dig shades like #2, #5, #13, #15.
- Illamasqua Pure Pigment ($24) may be pricey and they don’t come with a whole lot of product, for most consumers, it’ll take years to get through. The reason I like these is I feel like the range has a lot of complex, unique shades.
- Le Metier de Beaute True Color Eyeshadow ($30) is a pricey but absolutely luxurious eyeshadow formula that’s built for layering. I love shades like Chameleon and Jade.
- Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense ($32) are so intense and have this interesting formula that wears well all day long and comes in some fun shades. I love #1, 2, 3, and 6 a lot!
- Tarina Tarantino Jewel Eyeshadow Palettes ($32) are good bang for your buck with top notch quality–love Dreamy the most.
- Hourglass Visionaire Eyeshadow ($38) is my favorite eyeshadow formula, and I really wish they’d come out with more shades, but my favorites are Gypsy, Prism, and Lagoon.
- Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette ($48) is still one of my favorite palettes that Urban Decay has launched, and it is something I reach for when I travel.
- Maybelline Full ‘n Soft Mascara ($6.59) is my go-to for soft, natural-looking lashes with lots of volume.
- MAC Plushlash Mascara ($15) is a great all-over mascara; it thickens, lengthens, and volumizes.
- Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash Mascara ($19) is fantastic for lengthening.
- Hourglass Film Noir Mascara ($28) is inky black while lengthening and thickening well.
What are your must-have eye products that are permanent?