5 Beautiful Cool-Toned Brown Eyeshadows
Cool-toned browns tend to lean just a little gray, but not gray enough to become taupe.
What’s your favorite cool-toned brown eyeshadow?
5 Forbidden Burgundy Eyeshadows
Burgundy eyeshadows can look really lovely and add a lot of drama to any eye look. I love wearing it in the crease paired with a soft gold or brown.
- Laura Mercier Deep Garnet — rich, velvety burgundy
- MAC Deep Damson — deep burgundy-brown
- Inglot #452 — burgundy berry with a frosted finish
- Make Up For Ever #311 — darkened purpled burgundy
- Make Up For Ever #17 — creamy burgundy with a hint of brown and berry
What’s your favorite burgundy eyeshadow?
5 Luxurious Blue-Teal Eyeshadows
Love teal but need it to be bluer, rather than greener? Consider these five favorites…
- Guerlain Les Aquas — blue-teal with a golden shimmer-sheen
- Inglot #338 — rich, deep blue-based teal with a matte finish
- Urban Decay Electric — vibrant blue with a teal edge
- Inglot #413 — metallic blue-teal
- Make Up For Ever #60 — deep, dark navy blue with hints of teal
What’s your favorite blue-teal eyeshadow?
5 Subtle Highlight Eyeshadows
When it comes to choosing a highlighter, the best kind tend to have a satin-like finish–not too frosted or shimmery, but not entirely matte, because it will reflect light without looking metallic. Both matte and more shimmery highlighters have their place, though Choices for highlighters can vary based on skin tone, as one that works for really pale skin may look very stark against a deeper skin tone.
- MAC Brule — MAC has a huge selection of pale beige shades; I also suggest Dazzlelight, Bisque, Blanc Type, Shroom, and Vanilla
- Inglot #355 — pale peach with subtle warm undertones
- Burberry Trench — light satiny beige
- MAC Grain — beige-brown with a subtle sheen
- MAC Ricepaper — surprisingly universal shade of beige with subtle yellow undertones
What’s your go-to highlighter for eyes?
5 Bright Yellow Eyeshadows
Reader Mindy suggested this post, and here are my top five yellow eyeshadows… honestly, it was pretty easy, because there aren’t nearly as many bright yellow eyeshadows in my repertoire as one might think! I look forward to seeing your favorites to find some new shades to try!
- MAC Bright Sunshine – sunshine yellow with a shimmer-sheen
- Sugarpill Buttercupcake — matte brightened yellow
- Inglot #370 — matte bright yellow
- Inglot #323 — matte golden yellow
- MAC Bright Yellow — matte yellow
What’s your favorite bright yellow eyeshadow?
5 True Blue Eyeshadows
Blue eyeshadow is such an empowering shade to wear, because it’s so often the, “No way!” shade. It’s vibrant and intense and there are so many good ones available! If you’re hesitant to wear blue eyeshadow, try wearing it with neutrals–perhaps a little blue in the crease or on the lower lash line.
- MAC Freshwater
- MAC Blue Calm
- Inglot #426
- Make Up For Ever #167
- Inglot #322
What’s your favorite true blue eyeshadow?