5 Just Peachy Eyeshadows
Peach! What an interesting color–sometimes peach can read almost pink-peach, but I think it’s closer to yellow/orange with a general lightness that keeps it from being categorized as a yellow or orange. Here are my top five picks for peachy eyeshadows…
- theBalm Luscious Lani — soft peach beige with a frosted sheen
- Inglot #330 — matte pastel peach-orange
- Chanel Emerveille — shimmery peach beige
- MAC Orb — neutral peach beige
- Inglot #328 — matte yellowed peach
What’s your favorite peach eyeshadow?
5 Perfectly Cool-Toned Pink Eyeshadows
Cool-toned pinks tend to be blue-based, and when they’re on the lighter end of the spectrum, you’ll find they’re described as cotton candy or bubblegum pink, while when they’re on the darker end of the spectrum, they are often fuchsia or magenta.
- MAC Seedy Pearl — cool-toned iridescent pink
- Inglot #319 — cotton candy pink with blue undertones
- Urban Decay Woodstock — medium-dark fuchsia pink
- Inglot #362 — light-medium blue-based pink
- Urban Decay Hot Pants — bubblegum pink
What’s your favorite cool-toned pink eyeshadow?
5 Beautiful Cool-Toned Brown Eyeshadows
Cool-toned browns tend to lean just a little gray, but not gray enough to become taupe.
What’s your favorite cool-toned brown eyeshadow?
5 Forbidden Burgundy Eyeshadows
Burgundy eyeshadows can look really lovely and add a lot of drama to any eye look. I love wearing it in the crease paired with a soft gold or brown.
- Laura Mercier Deep Garnet — rich, velvety burgundy
- MAC Deep Damson — deep burgundy-brown
- Inglot #452 — burgundy berry with a frosted finish
- Make Up For Ever #311 — darkened purpled burgundy
- Make Up For Ever #17 — creamy burgundy with a hint of brown and berry
What’s your favorite burgundy eyeshadow?
5 Luxurious Blue-Teal Eyeshadows
Love teal but need it to be bluer, rather than greener? Consider these five favorites…
- Guerlain Les Aquas — blue-teal with a golden shimmer-sheen
- Inglot #338 — rich, deep blue-based teal with a matte finish
- Urban Decay Electric — vibrant blue with a teal edge
- Inglot #413 — metallic blue-teal
- Make Up For Ever #60 — deep, dark navy blue with hints of teal
What’s your favorite blue-teal eyeshadow?
5 Subtle Highlight Eyeshadows
When it comes to choosing a highlighter, the best kind tend to have a satin-like finish–not too frosted or shimmery, but not entirely matte, because it will reflect light without looking metallic. Both matte and more shimmery highlighters have their place, though Choices for highlighters can vary based on skin tone, as one that works for really pale skin may look very stark against a deeper skin tone.
- MAC Brule — MAC has a huge selection of pale beige shades; I also suggest Dazzlelight, Bisque, Blanc Type, Shroom, and Vanilla
- Inglot #355 — pale peach with subtle warm undertones
- Burberry Trench — light satiny beige
- MAC Grain — beige-brown with a subtle sheen
- MAC Ricepaper — surprisingly universal shade of beige with subtle yellow undertones
What’s your go-to highlighter for eyes?