Hourglass New Shades for Summer 2014
Panoramic Long Wear Lip Pencil ($28.00 U.S. / $33.00 CDN)
The creamy formula glides on smoothly, and resists smudging or feathering. Polymers adhere to the skin and have water-resistant qualities. Intense color payoff delivers continuous all-day wear. Equipped with a blending brush to perfect and evenly distribute product. Free of parabens, phthalates, sulfates, gluten. Not tested on animals.
- Raven Orange red
- Muse Coral red
- Empress Deep aubergine
- Eden True nude
Extreme Sheen Lip Gloss ($28.00 U.S. / $33.00 CDN)
Rich formula creates opulent, multi-dimensional shine in sheer, medium or full finishes. Proprietary gel technology delivers long-wearing application without bleeding. A blend of hydrating ingredients, including Vitamin E, moisturizes lips, and fills in fine lines so that lips appear soft, full and smooth. Custom doe foot applicator ensures precision application. Free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. No animal testing.
- Ballet Vibrant pink
- Canvas Dusty rose
- Muse Coral
Availability: Now at Sephora and Hourglass; June 2014 at Net-a-porter, SpaceNK, Bergdorf Goodman, Barneys
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
A trio of our best-selling Ambient Lighting Powders. Powders capture, diffuse and soften the way light is reflected on skin, brighten the appearance, and conceal imperfections, pores and wrinkles. Unlike traditional finishing powders that use opaque pigments, Ambient utilizes Photoluminescent Technology—micron-size, soft-focus particles that refract light and create transparent coverage. The powders can be applied individually or layered to imbue skin with a multidimensional glow. Universal powders make them suitable for every skin tone, and they can be worn for day and night. Now available at Sephora!
Ambient Lighting Palette ($58.00 U.S. / $67.00 CDN) (Permanent)
- Dim Light A neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights a radiant complexion with a balance of warm and cool tones.
- Incandescent Light A pearlescent powder that highlights the cheekbones and brightens the complexion with a celestial glow (Exclusive to palette)
- Radiant Light A sun-kissed golden beige powder that enhances the overall complexion with believable, subtle warmth
Availability: Now @ hourglasscosmetics.com; April 15th @ sephora.com, June 2014 at other retailers, Sephora stores
Here are some of my personal recommendations for cheek and face products to pick up while Sephora’s offering 15% off! Beauty Insiders use code TICKET, VIBs use code VIBTICKET, and Rouges use code ROUGETICKET. Feel free to share your recommendations for other readers to try!
- Clinique Cheek Pop (review) are so incredible, I can recommend every single shade without hesitation. Great texture, pigmentation, and not too pricey! (Pictured: Plum Pop)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush (review) are soft, lightly luminous blushes that are great for everyday wear. They’ve gone in and out of stock during the sale, so you might have to look in-store for them if they’re on your list. (Pictured: Ethereal Glow)
- Make Up For Ever HD Blush (review) are forgiving, easy-to-use cream blushes that wear well, come in a variety of shades, and have a great texture. (Pictured: #215)
- Guerlain Meteorites Pearls (review) is a fantastic way to add subtle glow and softening to the face after applying your favorite foundation, and they’re an indulgence to be sure! (Pictured: Clair)
- Givenchy Le Prisme Blush (review) is incredibly finely-milled, velvety, and smooth in texture, so the blush goes on evenly and looks natural on the skin. (Pictured: It-Girl Purple)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (review) might be “old news” now, but they’re products that can easily be used often and add soft luminosity to the skin. (Pictured: Luminous Light)
- Benefit Rockateur Box o’ Powder (review) is a sweet fix for a craving for rose gold.
- Illamasqua Blusher (review) is a lovely option for anyone looking for more satin and matte finish blushes. (Pictured: Lover)
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush (review) is a richly pigmented, long-wearing, silky-smooth formula. (Pictured: Sensous Rose)
- Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder (review) is a classic option for a finely-milled, silky-smooth, long-wearing bronzer. (Pictured: Moyen Brunettes)
Reader Dilyana wanted to see more top picks for corals… so here’s my current top ten list of coral lipsticks, lipglosses, and blushes! (See them in the Swatch Gallery here.) What are your favorites right now?
- Hourglass Radiant Magenta — a warm-toned, pinky-coral with a satin finish
- Too Faced Bon Bon — a bright, warm-toned coral
- Chanel Reflexion — a shimmering, coral-red gloss
- Clinique Peach Pop — a muted, coral-orange with a luminous finish
- Maybelline Caramel Infused — a soft, pink-coral gloss
- Urban Decay Streak — a glossy coral-pink
- Tom Ford Love Lust –a shimmering, dark coral
- Burberry Camel Pink — a peachy-gold shimmered coral-pink gloss
- Givenchy Rose Dressing (202) — a vibrant, pink-coral
- MAC Be a Lady –a brightened, pink-coral
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush is now available for one and all at Sephora
Not sure whether it’s a product for you or need help picking one out? Check out my overview!
Reviews, Photos, Swatches
- Ethereal Glow — pale, cool-toned pink
- Dim Infusion — light peach
- Diffused Heat — light-medium, peachy coral
- Radiant Magenta — light-medium pink-coral
- Luminous Flush — medium pink-coral
- Mood Exposure — plummy brown
If cool pinks weren’t your thing, how about the other end of the spectrum–warm pinks–as shades to consider this spring? Here are a few of my picks for the season! I’d love to hear yours
- Revlon Elusive — a medium, warm-toned pink with a satin-matte finish
- Chanel Revelation (63) — a light-medium pink with warm undertones
- Zoya Brigitte — a muted, medium pink with warm undertones
- Hourglass Radiant Magenta — luminous, medium, warm-toned pink
- Givenchy Rose Taffetas (201) — creamy, medium pink with warm undertones