Sephora has the new Ambient Lighting Blushes available for purchase as an early preview for VIBs from now until February 1st. Sephora says they will be available in-stores on February 21st, and “quantities are limited.” Ethereal Glow wasn’t in stock when I first saw it on Sephora (not sure if it’s already stock or wasn’t stocked yet), but I bought the other five.
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush for Spring 2014
Discover a new way to blush: this groundbreaking hybrid combines the customized lighting effects of Ambient Lighting Powder with a spectrum of breathtakingly modern hues. The result is seamless, soft-focus and multidimensional color.
Ambient Lighting Blush ($35.00) (New, Permanent)
Hourglass has fused Ambient Lighting Powder, the cutting-edge collection of finishing powders, with an array of vivid cheek colors, creating a hybrid product that is unique, contemporary and revolutionary. Unlike traditional blush, which tends to be flat, Ambient Lighting Blush uses Photoluminescent Technology to exhibit depth and dimension. The airy, lightweight powders contain optically transparent particles that amplify the colors to a multi-dimensional level—effectively reinventing the way you view blush. The state-of-the-art formula means that its full potential is only displayed on application. The hand-made powders are formulated using an advanced miscelare technique—which means “to mix” in Italian—creating the perfect balance of pigment and powder, and no two look alike. Delivers a radiant natural finish and offers buildable color. Ambient Lighting Blush is designed to be paired with Ambient Lighting Powder. Using the two products together imbues the entire complexion with an otherworldly glow. The six shades, which range from soft coral to cool pink, are a wardrobe of captivating accent lights for cheeks. Free of parabens, talc, fragrance, nanoparticles and gluten. No Animal Testing.
- Radiant Magenta A golden fuchsia blush combined with Radiant Light for a summer glow
- Mood Exposure A soft plum blush fused with Mood Light to brighten the complexion
- Diffused Heat A vibrant poppy blush combined with Diffused Light for a subtle halo effect
- Ethereal Glow A cool pink blush fused with Ethereal Light for a moonlit luminosity
- Dim Infusion A subdued coral blush fused with Dim Light to add warmth
- Luminous Flush A champagne rose blush fused with Luminous Light to evoke a candlelit glimmer
See more photos!
I love a good finishing powder. I love an ethereal, lit-from-within glow. There is a very high likelihood of me trying any new formulas or shades that hit the market–I’m just a total fiend for them. I can’t wait to see what 2014 brings in this department!
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder — easily one of the most talked about new formulas this past year, it delivered as a beautiful finishing powder–plus, 50 users reviews and still maintaining a 4.5 average!
- Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Skin Liquid Illuminating Emulsion — since I first started testing it, I’ve been reaching for this nearly everyday to mix with foundation
- Illamasqua Supernatural Gleam Highlighting Cream — a gorgeous, shimmering bronze highlight
- Tom Ford Fire Lust Skin Illuminator — absolutely love this peachy-pink mixed into foundation or patted onto high planes of the face
- Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight The Celestial Powder — a pale, golden beige with soft warm undertones and an ethereal glow
- NARS Nico Blush — a pale, subtly warm-toned beige with a satiny sheen–perfect for a subtle highlight
- Giorgio Armani No. 10 Fluid Sheer — a warm, golden bronze with very, very fine shimmer to give a dewy sheen on the skin
- Becca Rose Gold Shimmering Skin Perfector (Pressed) — a rosy, golden copper with a frosted, slightly metallic sheen for a pronounced highlight
- Guerlain Crazy Meteorites Radiance Powder — fell in love with this holiday’s finishing powder–and I fell hard!
- NARS Translucent Crystal Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder — for a smooth, flawless canvas
What highlighters and finishing powders have you been reaching for in 2013?
What is a holiday season without highlighting some of my current set of favorite ruby red-hued beauty products? I’m always on the hunt for more metallic reds, so I look forward to reading your favorites!
- OCC Black Metal Dahlia — a deep, dark burgundy-red with ruby red metallic shimmer
- Hourglass Siren — no list is complete without Siren, a fiercely metallic, opaque gloss
- OCC Role Play — a ruby red with a metallic finish and cool undertones
- Inglot #450 — a deepened, cool-toned reddish-berry with a metallic sheen
- Milani Cherry Crave — a warm, metallic red