Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette
Here’s a preview of the recently released, limited edition Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette ($80.00 for 0.29 oz.). One of the main concerns I saw from readers when the palette was announced was with respect to the size of the palette, both actual size as well as quantity. The pans are smaller than prior palettes, and the majority of blush brushes are too small (even my SUQQU/Chikuhodo Z brushes barely fit, and those are smaller cheek brushes). Here is how it breaks down for value:
- Ambient Lighting Edit: 0.294 oz. for $80.00 = $272.11/oz.
- Contains: $18.90 worth of Ambient Lighting Powder; $22.87 worth of Ambient Lighting Blush; and $6.28 worth of Ambient Lighting Bronzer
- Value: $48.05
- Ambient Lighting Blush Palette: 0.33 oz. for $58.00 = $175.76/oz.
- Value: $77.00 worth of Ambient Lighting Blush
- Ambient Lighting Powder Palette: 0.35 oz. for $58.00 =$165.71/oz.
- Value: $45.00 worth of Ambient Lighting Powder
- Ambient Lighting Powder: 0.35 oz. for $45.00 = $128.57/oz.
- Ambient Lighting Blush: 0.15 oz. for $35.00 = $233.33/oz.
- Ambient Lighting Bronzer: 0.39 oz. for $50.00 = $128.21/oz.
It’s a real shame that Hourglass priced this year’s palette so high; the value is really out of sync compared to the past palette releases. On one hand, you can justify spending more even if the quantity isn’t a great value to get six shades for the price of 2-3 products, but the difference in value of products to what you pay is so much more than most kits and palettes where a pesky thing like principles can come into play. I also think that having the actual size of each pan being so small makes it very hard to use; you really can’t use a powder brush for all-over dusting with the Ambient Lighting Powders (which is how they’re often used) or a blush brush (and forget about a bronzer brush!).
See more photos & swatches!
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Ambient Lighting Edit Palette ($80.00) (Limited Edition)
The Ambient Lighting Edit is designed to give you everything you need to finish, brighten, contour, and highlight your skin in a single compact. Featuring the Ambient® Strobe Lighting Powder in Iridescent Strobe Light, a sheer illuminating highlighter that’s designed to emulate the way in which strobe lights capture and reflect light on the face. The optically transparent particles in the Ambient Lighting Blush and Bronzer allow for seamless blending, color transitions and natural contouring. Each product is universally flattering and delivers a multidimensional luminescence to every skintone, making it appear softer and lit-from-within. These Ambient Lighting products use Photoluminescent Technology to filter out harsh light and refine the appearance of the complexion®enhancing skin in any lighting, including flash photography.
- Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Iridescent Strobe Light
- Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
- Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light
- Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush
- Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure
- Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light
AVAILABILITY | Now at Sephora for VIBs/VIB Rouges
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush, Bronzer, Powder Palette for Holiday 2015
SpaceNK previewed the upcoming Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush, Bronzer, Powder Palette for the holiday season during their Christmas Press Day (and you all thought it was uncomfortably early to be reviewing fall products!), which includes a little of everything from their Ambient Lighting collection from bronzer to blush to the original powder. As an early preview, not too many details at this time, but if I get any additional information, I’ll be sure to update.