Beautiful Beginnings with Guerlain
What was the first Guerlain product you ever tried? Did it pave way for a real romance or did it put you off the brand entirely? What was the first Guerlain product you purchased? Did you love it? Hate it? Still own it?
my answer: The first Guerlain products I ever tried were their KissKiss Glosses, which I really liked–it was moisturizing, longer lasting, and had a very pretty shimmer. The next product after that was a Meteorites Pressed Powder (not the compact one, but it was a little larger). I remember I really loved their Exotic Paradise collection that came out in spring 2009. Guerlain is one of my favorite brands, because they put out small, edited launches that usually knock it out of the park. I don’t find too many flops within this brand!
Share your first time experiences with Guerlain in the comments!
Guerlain Terra Azzurra Collection by Emilio Pucci for Summer 2012
“Guerlain by Emilio Pucci” embodies the union of two prestigious Houses in perfect synergy. This exceptional makeup collaboration draws its inspiration from summertime in the Italian Riviera, with its light-hearted and energetic “dolce vita” attitude that welcomes the warm, sea weather. Created by Guerlain Creative Director, Olivier Echaudemaison, and Pucci’s Image Director, Laudomia Pucci, the collection embraces summer with delightfully sunny shades and vibrant bursts of color. The common thread of this second collaboration is a motif inspired by an iconic print, “Winter Capri”, taken from the Emilio Pucci archives. Exclusively retouched for this collection, this signature print, a blue flower interlaced with swirls and flames, adds a joyful and elegant Pucci touch to the Guerlain summer products.
Terra Azzurra Bronzing Powder & Blush ($75.00) (Limited Edition)
The star of the collection, this exquisite powder and blush combines two success stories: Guerlain’s legendary Terracotta powder and Emilio Pucci’s iconic prints. The world of beauty and fashion unite in a single case to beautifully enhance the complexion. Half bronzer and half blush, this hybrid powder has a lightweight formula and offers a universal harmony of four shades. The outer case pays tribute to the paneling of a Riva yacht with an ebony-colored varnished wood. Presented in an accessory pouch printed with the Pucci motif, this is the ultimate summery accessory.
Meteorites Perles d’Azur ($58.00) (Limited Edition)
These must-have multi-colored little pearls are adopting their summer wardrobe! Encased in Pucci adorned packaging, Meteorites Perles d’Azur is enriched with a corrective blue pearl to create a flawless complexion.
Meteorites Pucci Collector’s Brush ($38.00) (Limited Edition)
An elegant Kabuki-style powder brush designed to work perfectly with the Meteorites Perles d’Azur pigments and to pick up just the right amount of Terra Azzurra powder. This chic midnight blue brush is stored in its Pucci print pouch.
Ecrin 4 Couleurs Eyeshadow ($59.00) (Limited Edition)
- Capri Warm tones
Le 2 Mascara ($36.00) (Limited Edition)
- Blu 2 Pucci Blue
Khol Kajal ($36.00) (Limited Edition)
- Blu Acqua Indigo blue
Terracotta Gloss ($30.50) (Limited Edition)
- Porto Fino Shiny coral pink
- Porto Ercole Sensual brown
- Porto Azzurro Unruly indigo blue, transparent on lips
Terracotta Vernis ($22.00) (Limited Edition)
- Paradisio Luminous coral pink with a high-lacquer finish
- Riviera Powerful electric indigo blue with subtly metallic finish
availability: May 2012 at select locations of Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Sephora, Bloomingdales, and Bergdorf Goodman
See more photos!
Guerlain Shine Automatique Launches
For the fun and flirty girl who wants to add a little sparkle into her life, Guerlain introduces Shine Automatique! Given the success of Rouge Automatique’s smooth texture and stunning outer case, Guerlain’s newest innovation is made up of the same core formula but now reveals a sheer and sparkling side. With 12 new shades to compliment their predecessor, this lipstick will give you a bold yet shimmery look.
- Second-Skin Texture: Sensory oils + waxes with different fusion points gradually liquefy during application, depending on temperature of the lips. The result is a soft sensory film that becomes one with skin, offering impeccable coverage that is neither too oily nor too thick.
- Cristal Pigments: a non-opaque pigment that makes it possible to obtain luminous, clear and pure colors. The result is more transparent, giving purity and radiance to colors with no whitening effect.
- Pearly particles: various shimmering, pearly particles boosts lips with discreet yet exceptional shine.
- 200 Sous Le Vent
- 201 Vague Souvenir
- 202 Mi-Mai
- 220 Pour Troubler
- 221 Rouge De Damas
- 240 Pamplelune
- 260 Jardin de Bagatelle
- 261 Rose Impérial
- 262 Extrait de Rose
- 263 A La Parisienne
- 264 Rose Pompn
- 265 Pao Rosa
availability: April 2012, $35 each, at select locations of Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Bergdorf Goodman, and Sephora
See more photos!
5 Luxurious Blue-Teal Eyeshadows
Love teal but need it to be bluer, rather than greener? Consider these five favorites…
- Guerlain Les Aquas — blue-teal with a golden shimmer-sheen
- Inglot #338 — rich, deep blue-based teal with a matte finish
- Urban Decay Electric — vibrant blue with a teal edge
- Inglot #413 — metallic blue-teal
- Make Up For Ever #60 — deep, dark navy blue with hints of teal