Nude & Champagne Eyeliners
Nude & Champagne Eyeliners: Your Guide
Two years ago, I went through and swatched every eyeliner I owned by color, so that they could easily be compared. It’s time for a re-do, because we have so many more shades to add to our comparisons! Our first part of this on-going series is a comparison of the various nude and champagne eyeliners I have on hand. This shade is typically used on the lower lash line or water line to help brighten and open up eyes.
- BAREMINERALS 5AM is a pewter–it’s a dirty, cool-toned gold with a silvered sheen. I didn’t expect it to be similar to anything here, but it didn’t fit well with golds either.
- MAC GILDED WHITE is a warm white gold with a metallic sheen. (LE)
- MAC NC15/NW20 is a light beige/fleshy shade. It is a hair darker than NARS Rue Bonaparte.
- MAC NW25/NC30 is a darker version of NW15/NC20. Almost looks like a darkened peach. It is very similar to Givenchy #2.
- MAC NC42/NW35 is darker version of NW25/NC30. It looks a bit peachy/orange on me.
- GIVENCHY #2 is a warm, peachy beige with yellow-beige undertones and a mostly matte finish. It is comparable to MAC NW25/NC30.
- NARS RUE BONAPARTE is a soft beige with a matte finish. It is just barely lighter than MAC NC15/NW20.
- MAC I GET NO KICK is a soft champagne nude with a metallic sheen. (LE) It is ever-so-slightly warmer than MUFE #23L but very comparable to UD Midnight Cowboy.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER #23L is a shimmering golden champagne with a nearly metallic finish. This shade is slightly less warm compared to MAC I Get No Kick and UD Midnight Cowboy.
- URBAN DECAY MIDNIGHT COWBOY is a shimmering champagne peach with a subtle metallic sheen. (LE) This is most comparable to MAC I Get No Kick. An alternative to this shade would be Urban Decay’s Shadow Pencil of the same name.
TEMPTALIA PICKS: #1 (high quality), #3-6 (good formula), #9 (versatile, readily available)
Behind-the-Series: These swatches should not be used to judge the quality of an eyeliner. Some eyeliners required one pass, some required five, and a few even more. It was my intention to provide heavy, opaque swatches to provide an accurate color comparison. When possible, the shade name (above) is linked to the original review. If we’ve never done a review, there will be no link. Shades that were limited edition will be marked with “(LE)” and shades that were discontinued will be marked with “(DC)” after the color description. You can also find all comparisons on The Dupe List.
What’s your favorite champagne/nude eyeliner?
See more swatches!
Givenchy Summer 2012 Collection — Ete a Fleur de Peau
Nicolas Degennes invites us to a summertime break and discover once again the strength and wisdom of taking things slowly. With second skin textures that barely enhance eyes and the lips while the complexion is subtly sun kissed. The Givenchy woman gives into the softness of a draped dress, to the light and tingling caress of sea breezes, to the sweetness of the first rays of daylight… in an airy-light Collection.
Ombre a Fleur de Peau Luminescent Cream Eyeshadow ($34.00) (Limited Edition)
For this 2012 Summer devoted to lightness, softness and simplicity, the creamy & airy-light texture of this new eyeshadow blends into your eyelids like a second skin, adapting effortlessly and providing an immediate sensation of freshness and comfort. A creamy texture that transforms into a smooth powder upon application for an airy-light result. It is very easy to apply with the fingertips and very resistant, even to the water… Perfect for the hot, sticky summer!
- Pearly Rose Rose
- Pearly Nude Nude
Magic Kajal Eye Pencil Intense Look ($22.50)
- Delicate Nude #2 Nude (Limited Edition)
Rouge Interdit Satin Lipstick ($30.00)
- Delicate Rose #56 Light pink (Limited Edition)
Rouge Interdit Shine Ultra-Shiny Lipstick ($30.00)
- Delicate Brown #28 Transparent brown (Limited Edition)
Vernis Please! Nail Lacquer ($17.00)
- Delicate Brown #179 Delicate brown (Limited Edition)
availability: June 2012 at Sephora
See more photos!
Givenchy Demesure Audacious Lashes for Fall 2011
Nicolas is overflowing with imagination and is always ready to venture beyond bounardies. Today he reveals his own professional secrets to interminable lashes with staggering volume. The new Givenchy mascara, the mascara that is superlative in all aspects, bears his signature: DEMESURE, Audacious Lashes. This High Tech accessory at the cutting edge of innovation combines an extensible brush and a finishing tool. An exnclusive hyaluronic acid-based formula adds volume to the base of lashes without weighing down thetips. A super-audacious product for extravagant, breathtaking volume.
Generously coat lashes, wrap them in the material like you would a luxurious black sheat. Shape lashes one by one with an ultra thin accessory for a singular definition. It took two years of intensive research to finally create this exceptional item: the first three dimensional telescopic brush.
To create density: the volumising shaft has 16 inlaid grooves which serve as reservoirs for material. Each time it is dipped in the vial, they are engorged with mascara so that the base of eyelashes is covered with a thick coating on application.
To define: enclosed in the shaft, a totally clean elastomer separating brush is released by activating the base of the cap. Its cone shape guarantees ease of use combined with ultra-precision. The finishing tool gives the ultimate touch of precision. Its finesse provides a customized, unequalled, lash-by-lash result.
Three shades: Audacious Black, Audacious Brown, Audacious Green (which is limited edition).
availability: Fall/Winter 2011