- Bronze Goddess Bronzing Pearls
- Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer
- Bronze Goddess Soft Duo Bronzer in Amber Bronze Medium and Amber Bronze Rich
- Bronze Goddess Soft Shimmer Bronzer
- Bronze Goddess Tortoise Compact (filled with Soft Matte Bronzer)
- Bronze Goddess Luminous Liquid Bronzer
- Face and Body Brush
- Pure Color Eyeshadow in Blushing Goddess (new, limited edition) and Cinnamon
- Tender Lip Balm SPF15 in Tender Bronze (new, limited edition) and Tender Berry
- Pure Color Gloss in Fuchsia (new, limited edition) and Sugarcane
- Bronze Goddess Sheer Lip Tint SPF15 in new, limited edition Fuchsia and Bronze
- Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Bronze Goddess (limited edition) and Fuchsia
- Bronze Goddess Eau Fraiche 100ml
- Bronze Goddess Body Oil 100ml
- Bronze Goddess Luminous Body Lotion 200ml
Available now at www.esteelauder.com!
Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Ultimate Youth Creme ($250.00) is a product I recently received to test. I want to put it plain that I did not purchase this product, so there is no confusion. I am by no means on an unlimited cosmetic budget, so for me to test a cream of this standard is a real treat, but I always desperately hope not to love it, and secretly desire it to fall flat on its face. Why? Because a face cream for $250.00 is not friendly to my budget. I preface this review with so much attention to the price because I now face a huge dilemma: there is something about this cream that has performed a small miracle on my face in the past three weeks of continuous use.
What it’s supposed to do: Resveratrate is the trademarked ingredient dubbed “The Youth Molecule” by Estee Lauder. It “is a more potent, stable, and time released form of Resveratrol.” This product is meant to extend the skin’s youthfulness so that time “stands still.” According to Estee Lauder, the skin will increase in its clarity, tone, and fine dry lines will be plumped by the moisturizer. There is science clearly involved, and they talk about “longevity genes” that regulate the lifespan of skin’s epidermal cells.
What it actually does: Based on testing it for three weeks as both a day and night moisturizer (and let me be honest, there were a few times I misplaced it, so I substituted, but generally speaking, I used this pretty religiously). After one week, I noticed something very impossible happening–my acne was vanishing. Now, this is not an acne-preventing product, it is an anti-aging product geared towards women in their late 20s and older. My diet hadn’t undergone any real change, water intake didn’t increase, and I hadn’t added any other products to my daily facial regimen.
I have never suffered from severe acne, but I get enough that it can be annoying, and there is always one that’s far too noticeable for my liking. Since using the Youth Creme, almost all of my noticeable acne has disappeared. I am not 100% clear-faced, but in my eyes, this is about as close as I could ever get. My skin looks much improved because of the blemishes being gone, but it is also more even and healthy looking. Every time I see my Mom, no matter what, she mentions how pale and sickly I look–but she didn’t say that when I saw her last week (first time since using the Youth Creme). She asked if I did something different with my makeup, because I looked healthier. Application is easy, as you don’t need much to cover the entire face, and it feels lightweight, but it still moisturizers quite well (despite wintry patches of skin). I also love that it dries quickly! There is no strong, overpowering scent, either – it kind of reminds me of a very subtle organic, maybe a touch of oatmeal scent that you can only distinguish if you put your nose in the jar. So to me, it’s nearly fragrance-free once it’s on my face.
So as I said, I face a serious dilemma: how am I going to be able to afford this in the future? I would like to note that the jar still seems mostly full, despite using it twice a day for three weeks. It gives me hope that I can stretch the jar over four to six months.
Do I recommend this product? I do and I don’t. I recommend it because it worked well for me, and the acne-miracle it worked for me would make it worth the price (how much money do I spend each month on products that only work minimally?) as the product jar should last me multiple months. I don’t, because I fear for your poor wallet if you fall in love with it as I have! You know that whole saying, “You can’t miss what you never had?” Exactly. So basically, I do recommend this product, but know that you may find yourself addicted!
Available now at www.esteelauder.com and Estee Lauder locations.
Have you encountered a similar dilemma before? What product led to your downfall? Did you become a loyal re-purchaser or have you been hunting for a less expensive alternative?
Envision graceful, lapping waves of sea green waters touching a white sand beach strewn with pebbles and sea shells. In the distance, hints of citrus and freesia pique the senses. Laughter and music can be heard coming from the harbor dotted with multi-color wooden boats. You take it all in realizing this is a day you’ll want to relive forever. This is the inspiration for Pure White Linen Light Breeze.
“White Linen has always epitomized casual elegance and the relaxation and happiness we feel in the spring and summer,” says Karyn Khoury, senior vice president of Fragrance Development World Wide, Estée Lauder Companies. “Pure White Linen Light Breeze takes this mood one step further by having even more of a focus on the environment — of the calming Mediterranean seascape. It is a sunnier, more transparent and even more tranquil scent.”
While Pure White Linen Light Breeze incorporates core elements such as rich rose enhanced by white florals and smooth woods from classic White Linen and Pure White Linen, it was also created with dazzling citrus notes, airier florals, and a sheerer more subtly sexy finish for a scent that is as warm, mesmerizing and sensual as those treasured summer afternoons. An effervescent Darjeeling Tea Note is bathed with the refreshing iridescence of citrus including luscious Italian Bergamot, sparkling White Grapefruit and energetic freshly grated Orange Zest. Watery Kumquat conveys a contemporary carefree playfulness. A gentle unfolding of colorful Osthmanthus, vivacious Yellow Freesia and sensuous Neroli Petals intertwine with graceful Linden Flowers and rich Centifolia Rose to create a fresh intensely feminine allure. Precious Cedar Wood, rich Teak Wood, and a Soft Skin Accord embellished with a drop of ambrosial Acacia Honey impart a lasting subtle sensuality and that is effortlessly elegant.
EstÄ“e Lauder Pure White Linen Light Breeze will be available at Estée Lauder counters and on www.esteelauder.com beginning January 2008.
- 1 oz./30ml Eau de Parfum Spray $35.00
- 1.7 oz/50 ml Eau de Parfum Spray $45.00
- 3.4 oz/100 ml Eau de Parfum Spray $65.00
- 6.7oz/200ml Body Lotion $36.00
Also, Estée Lauder will be launching a special edition version of their noted Pleasures fragrance. Kazumi Yoshida partnered with Estée Lauder to create a unique, limited-edition tribute to pleasures, one of the company’s best-selling prestige fragrances. After experiencing the pleasures fragrance, Yoshida began to repaint his spring designs with pleasures in mind. The result is an inspired work of art for the bottle that invokes a blooming garden and truly captures the simple pleasures in life that are the essence of the fragrance.
View photos of Pure White Linen, as well as Pleasures… Continue reading →
PURE WHITE LINEN COLOR COLLECTION
This spring escape to a charming seaside retreat where sandy beaches and warm sea breezes await, offering a perfect remedy of soothing comfort after a crisp, cold winter. Relax on a sun-drenched porch in lightweight, finely spun fabrics in sand-washed textures and nautically infused shades with soft lines and easy cuts that say classic, comfortable style. Pair your relaxed style with luminous skin, serene eyes and sheer, subtly defined lips – all part of Estée Lauder’s Pure White Linen Color Collection for spring. Inspired by the simplicity of the 1950′s with a fresh, modern feel, the collection features two complementary looks of classic beauty that are perfect for enjoying the warm, sunny days of spring. Nantucket Sun captures the warmth of white sand beaches and grassy dunes with earthy shades of green and coral, while Newport Rose reflects the soft, cool shades of the sea and a dusk sky in airy shades of blue and pink.
- Shimmering Shell Powder $32.00
- Golden Shell Compact $75.00
- Pure White Linen Light Breeze (50ml) $45.00
For the Nantucket Sun Look
- Pure Color UltraLight Gloss in Sparkling Shell $18.00
- Lip Shaping Gloss Pencil in Sheer Tawny $18.50
- Pure Color Lipstick in Nantucket Sun $22.00
- Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Coral Reef $22.00
- Pure Color EyeShadow in Tea Biscuit and Sea Grass $17.50
- Artist’s Eye Pencil in SoftSmudge Brown $18.50
- Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Rose Apricot $18.00
For the Newport Rose Look
- Pure Color UltraLight Gloss in Freshwater Pearl $18.00
- Lip Shaping Gloss Pencil in Sheer Fuchsia $18.50
- Pure Color Lipstick in Newport Rose $22.00
- Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Crystal Pink $22.00
- Pure Color EyeShadow in Ivory Box and Sea Breeze $17.50
- Artist’s Eye Pencil in new, limited edition Newport Blue $18.50
- Pure Color Nail Lacquer in new, limited edition Antique Rose $18.00
View more photos of products from this collection… Continue reading →
Estee Lauder’s Take It Away Makeup Remover Towelettes ($17.50)
Fast, effective and incredibly convenient. Portable, pre-moistened towelettes quickly remove makeup and freshen skin without water. Advanced cleansing emulsion hydrates, softens skin. Ophthalmologist-tested. Do your skin a favor: never go to bed with makeup on. Clean skin is healthy skin. Sweep over entire face. Firmly reseal package.
What makes it worth it: I am not one to fall prey to high-end brands with makeup removing sheets when I can purchase them for much less at my local drugstore. However, Estee Lauder’s take on the makeup remover towelette has me reconsidering my position. These feel luxe, soft, and delightfully gentle against my skin when I use them to remove my makeup. Unlike my drugstore finds, Take It Away makes removal effortless and a feel-good remedy for my skin on lazy days or when I need a quick remover. The scent that lingers behind is a subtle, clean aroma. I also feel like my skin doesn’t need instant rehydrating after using these, which I do notice is an issue when I use drugstore versions. I do like that they give you an actual package that is resealable, whereas many drugstore versions are tougher to reseal and may end up drying out the top one or two sheets (yes, you can get a container or ones that are meant to reseal, but those often are $7-10!).
Why you might pass on it: Budget. This is really the only reason to skip these, because they’re effective, luxurious, and effortless to use. If you’re looking to skimp somewhere, opt for drugstore makeup remover wipes and pick up Estee Lauder’s DayWear Plus (what, I love it! I must proclaim my new found love all the time!) instead.
Find this product at Estee Lauder locations, www.esteelauder.com, and www.nordstrom.com.
ESTEE ILLUSIONIST MASCARA ($21.00)
Seductive curves. Now, power shape your lashes with up to 160% more curl. Advanced aerodynamic gel formula with innovative curling polymers gives lashes weightless, seductive curves, without stiffness or flaking. New pigment technology creates intense black impact shades that absorb light and surround your eyes in the beauty of deep, rich color. Fragrance free. Ophthalmologist-tested.
- Applicator: Medium-sized brush with an oval shape to it–small point a the end.
- Clumping: Only mild clumping was experienced on the third coat towards the roots of lashes, but not at the ends.
- Curl: This isn’t a curling mascara, but it does hold a curl when you’ve used a lash curler.
- Ease: Quite easy to apply given the nature of the wand, which allows for more precision to get to harder to reach lashes on the inner area and the lower lashes.
- Length: You get a decent amount of length after a few coats of this mascara–not the longest I’ve ever seen–a good length for both natural and more dramatic looks.
- Thickening: I would have to say that I didn’t feel like my lashes were significantly thicker, even in the appearance.
- Volume: I found I got more volume out of this Estee Lauder mascara than some of the others I’ve tried. I felt like my lashes appeared fuller.
- Best: I liked how full my lashes looked thanks to the volumizing effect of the mascara, and the length that came out was quite lengthy. This is a great everyday mascara for those who want a bit of length and drama, but nothing over the top.
- Worst: No real downside to this mascara; perhaps the price is a turn off for those who are more budget-conscious.