Top 10 of 2012: Blushes & Highlighters
Asking me to choose my favorite highlighter, by the way, is akin to making me choose favorites between (fur) children (if I had more than one). There were some seriously ga-ga-glowing highlighters launched this year, too! On the blush front, there were some great shades and formulas I tried and tested, but it was easier to narrow those down.
- bareMinerals Luminizer — two shades of shimmery bliss
- Burberry Earthy — beautiful brown
- NARS Gina — soft orange
- Tom Ford Lovelust — go-to coral blush
- Guerlain Wulong — glowy goodness
- Chanel Rose Initiale — easy pink
- Illamasqua Naked Rose — neutral pink
- Estee Lauder Sensuous Rose — pink-beige
- MAC Pro Longwear Bronzing Powders — beautiful texture
- Chantecaille Les Petales de Rose — lit-from-within glow
What was your favorite blush/highlighter from 2012?
Top 10 of 2012: Makeup Palettes
There were actually a lot of fantastic palettes released this year! I already pulled up twenty that to consider for the top ten, and I had only reached August (I go backwards). So here are my picks–and I tried to include a variety of brands that were all excellent, but full disclosure: could have easily included more bareMinerals, Guerlain, and another Tom Ford (Enchanted).
- Chanel Harmonie du Soir — absolutely loved the formula
- Guerlain Turandot — one of my favorite products of the year
- Urban Decay Naked Basics — I like the way it complements N1 & N2
- Tarina Tarantino Emerald Pretty — beautiful textures, rich pigmentation
- Estee Lauder Violet Underground — bright pops of color
- Tom Ford Emerald Lust — rich, buttery textures and shades
- Disney Cinderella Storylook — fantastic value and overall quality
- bareMinerals The Star Treatment — beautiful warm-toned palette
- Guerlain Calligraphy — buttery and pigmented
- Le Metier de Beaute Nouvelle Vague — great pigmentation and texture
What was your favorite makeup palette from 2012?
5 Silver Eyeshadows for the Holidays
My favorite way to wear silver during the holidays is on the lash line, actually. It can add a lot of brightness to a look! I like the line the lower lash line with a rich black eyeliner, then pat on silver eyeshadow on top. I also love silvers with blues–very wintry!
- Giorgoi Armani #12 — bright, metallic silver
- Estee Lauder Cyber Silver — dark, metallic silver-gray
- Buxom Chihuahua — metallic, medium silver
- Guerlain Les Aquas — bright, light silver
- Inglot #448 — faded silver with a metallic finish
What’s your favorite holiday silver eyeshadow?
Video: Week in Review, Vol. 004
Hope this past week was a good one for you! Subscribe to our channel if you enjoy the videos! 🙂
- Make Up For Ever Eye Prime
- Estee Lauder Sensuous Rose Pure Color Blush
- Milani Just Perfect Eyeshadow
- Tom Ford Jardin Noir
- NARS Luster Blush
- Milani Star Flash Haute Flash Lipgloss
- Clarins Grenadine (05) Gloss Prodige Lipgloss
- China Glaze Want My Bawdy Nail Lacquer
- MAC Office Hours
On eyes: Urban Decay Echo Beach Eyeshadow, Urban Decay Nevermind Eyeshadow, Urban Decay Jagged Eyeshadow, Urban Decay Anonymous Eyeshadow, Tarina Tarantino Ammunition Eyeliner, Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Waterproof Mascara. On face: Make Up For Ever HD (125), Guerlain Les Voilettes (03), Bobbi Brown Pink Rose Blush. On lips: Giorgio Armani #111 Rouge d’Armani Lipstick.