Dior – Sliding Dior
Dior always makes cute videos featuring makeup! You don’t see those that often 🙂
10 Worst Beauty Products of 2011
These are some of the biggest flops I tested out during 2011! Creasing, poor pigmentation, grittiness, dryness, you name it, you’ll find it on this list!
- MAC Interior Life Eyeshadow Quad
- Dolce & Gabbana Sweet Temptations Eyeliners
- MAC Street Art Eyeshadow Palette
- Dior Blue Tie Palette
- YSL Volupte Sheer Candy Lipstick
- MAC Evil Eye Eyeshadow Quad
- NARS Celebrate Soft Touch Shadow Pencil
- MAC Miss Piggy Pink Eyeshadow
- Clarins Barocco Gold Shimmering Powder
- MAC Big Bounce Shadows
What was the worst product you tried out this year?
Top 10 of 2011: Lipsticks & Lipglosses
Whew — this was difficult! I ended up having to lump some of the new-for-2011 formulas into a single pick, even though there were lots of shades I loved! These are products I reviewed and discovered in 2011, some being part of a brand’s permanent range and others being new/limited edition shades that we saw over the past months. I guess you could say I gravitate towards reds…
- Hourglass Siren Extreme Sheen Lipgloss
- Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Colors
- Guerlain Rouge Automatiques
- Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lipglosses
- NYX Chic Red Round Lipstick
- NARS Damage Lipstick
- Guerlain Garconne Rouge G Lipstick
- Dior Nocturne Rouge Dior Lip Color
- Illamasqua Atomic Lipstick
- Giorgio Armani #406 Rouge d’Armani Lipstick
What was your favorite lip product this year?
Dior Spring 2012: Garden Party Collection
“After women, flowers are the most heavenly creation.” — Christian Dior
Christian Dior grew up in Granville, on the cliffs of Normandy, in a house buffeted by strong winds, and seemingly unsuited to the creation of a garden. However, the young man’s creative strength and relentless hard work defied nature, and today one can still admire the garden in bloom and in particular, the fantastic rose garden planted with his own hands.
Christian Dior also loved the excitement of parties, and often hosted the aptly named “Grand Balls of the Century” with enchanted beauties from the Normandy coast and Paris alike. The theme of the festive garden is still alive today throughout many Dior creations. The Dior spring color collection is inspired by Dior’s fantastic garden.
Garden Clutch ($75.00) (Limited Edition)
The clutch is reinvented in with the Garden Party spirit in mind. Featuring a glossy light pink leather-like shell, adorned with a woven pattern & sealed by a “Rosebud” clasp and makeup must-haves for eyes and lips. Inside is a trio of delicate rose-embossed eye shadows, one shade of Dior Ultra-Gloss and one Lip Maximizer. Available in two color harmonies: Milly Garden #001 (Nordstrom and Dior.com Exclusive), Granville Garden #002 (everywhere except Nordstrom).
5-Couleurs Garden Edition ($59.00) (Limited Edition)
- Garden Pastels Pale pink, buttercup yellow and luminous greens
- Garden Roses Soft pinks, Parma violet, silver and purple.
Vernis Garden Party Scented Lacquers ($23.00) (Limited Edition)
- Waterlily (#504) Soft green
- Forget-Me-Not (#694) Light mauve
3-Couleurs Eyeshadow ($48.00)
- Smoky Garden (#461) (Dior.com exclusive)
Rouge Dior Lipcolor ($32.00)
- Corolle Pink (#363) (everywhere but Sephora)
- Tulip Pink (#448) (all locations)
- Socialite Pink (#152) (Dior.com exclusive)
- Party Lilac (#396)
- Pretty Rose (#452)
availability: January 2012 at Dior counters nationwide, dior.com