Dior Electric Tropics Collection for Summer 2011
The House if Dior invites us on an exhilarating journey to the Tropics for his Spring/Summer 2011 collection: floral motifs, dresses with sun-steeped prints, feathers and exotic embroidery, ensembles that explore the borders between masculinity and femininity with fresh sensuality. Sailor uniforms get sassy with lace, shagreen prints and crowns of hibiscus, orchids and South Pacific palm trees.
Drawing inspiration from this collection, which plays up flamboyance and sunny retro refinement, Creative Director of Dior Makeup Tyen presents a collection inspired by paradise. This makeup look highlights the contrast between audacious neon colors and sun-kissed skin.
Ultra Gloss Crystal Nude ($27.00)
- Luminescent Peach (037) (not at Sephora)
- Sweet Peach (047)
- Luminescent Rose (077) (not at Sephora)
- Sweet Rose (037)
Nude Healthy Glow Powder ($46.00)
This couture-style summer powder is the must-own accessory that will be coveted by all Dior addicts. Woven like the Lady Dior Avenue clutch, the powder brings a new sparkle to the eyes and flatters the complexion. Each harmony mixes four shades that individually capture a facet of light to reproduce the “healthy glow” of sun-kissed skin.
- Aurora (001)
- Sunset (002)
Nude Healthy Glow Fluid ($46.00)
Diorskin Nude Glow Fluid recreates the dazzling illusion of sun-kissed skin. Amber prisms act like color filters that delicately warm up the complexion, creating a strikingly natural effect. Its sorbet texture is concentrated with Mineralized Water for instant and lasting skin-refreshing action. When applied, it transforms into a powder and offers a light, velvety finish for “bare skin” look.
- Rosy Nude (001) (Specialty doors only)
- Honey Nude (002) (Specialty doors only)
5-Colour Eyeshadow ($58.00)
- Rosy Nude (054) (not at Sephora)
- Rosy Tan (754)
Addict Lipstick ($28.00)
- Fire (545)
- Paradise Pink (558) (Saks, Dior.com only)
- Aloha (638) (not at Sephora)
availability: April 2011 at Dior counters nationwide, dior.com – except as noted.
See more photos! Continue reading “Dior Electric Tropics Collection for Summer 2011″
Dior Addict Lipstick 2011 Relaunch
The New Dior Addict Lipstick collection is inspired by John Galliano’s bold, daring fashion collections. Featuring the largest shade wardrobe of any Dior lipstick collection—56 striking shades direct from the runway—this trend-setting collection offers a variety of options for the woman who is not afraid to experiment. The ultra-hydrating formula creates a veil of luminous shine and vibrant color in a single sweep.
The New Face of Addict
Kate Moss has been John Galliano’s muse for many years. Her unique beauty as well as her love of fashion are an endless source of inspiration for Galliano. Over the years, they have formed a lasting friendship and fashion partnership. No one else but Kate could possibly embody Dior Addict. Three shades in the collection represent three sides of Kate: Diorkiss #578, which embodies the “Rock Icon” style of skyscraper heels, oversized sunglasses and sexy jewelry, the “Doll Icon” style of Beige Casual #222, the perfect nude to mix with pearls and a light pink Lady Dior, and the bold, “Glam Icon” look of Red Carpet #963.
The key ingredient, Mirror Jelly, brings shine, volume and hydration to the lips. This unique ingredient is made up of two components: polymers that provide a long-lasting, second-skin effect with exceptional hydrating and softening properties and silicone oil, which creates a light, smooth texture. In addition, a significantly lower level of wax (25% less than a standard lipstick) creates a light-reflecting, voluminous effect.
- Shades: Tulle #214, Beige Casual #222, Basic #253, Rose Déshabillé #260, Beige Perfection #322, Nude #333, Miss Dior #343, Blush #353, Créateur #445, Parisian Chic #454, Singulière #465, Vintage #525, Bobo #530, Tailleur Bar #535, Baby Rose #561, Diorkiss #578, Must-Have #579, L.A. #586, Spotlight #612, Granville #621, Androgyne #626, Miami #635, Millie #680, Icône #681, Gibraltar #682, Beige Dandy #712, New York #714, New Look #745, Rock’n Roll #750, Fashion #753, Paris #762, Reflet #763, Rouge Podium #773, Londres #783, Stiletto #797, Smoky #811, Couture #864, Collection #865, Arty #872, Fashion Week #881, Red Carpet #963, Fourreau #971, Rose Shocking #972, Perfecto #991
- Sephora Exclusives: Urban #178, Diorissime #249, Garçonne #330, Pink Chérie #368, Tokyo #422, It Pink #554, Model #564, Taffetas #566, Backstage #583, Show #778
- Saks Exclusive: Beige Mondaine #623
- Nordstrom Exclusive: Insoumise #983
Availability: March/April 2011