Dior Holiday 2008′s Black Diamond Collection is gorgeous! Okay, this is just going off of the two products I’ve been able to see so far. Pictured above is the Twilight Quint ($54.00). I also got to check out Black Sequins nail lacquer, which I’ve included a product shot of, but I’ll be showing you a swatch another time (I’m such a tease!).
See swatches! Continue reading →
Dior Holiday 2008 | Black Diamond Collection
Star Product- Dior Black Diamond
Dior Black Diamond Diamond-Effect Powder for Face & Decollete is the ultimate in holiday luxury, featuring a Dior-logo engraved compact with crystal-shaped gems. This finishing powder illuminates the complexion with an exclusive formula that features an intense concentration of mother-of-pearls. Sweep the face and decolletage with this beigey, shimmering powder to create an instant glow. $80.00
Star Product: Holiday Face Palette
This all-over, lumizing face powder creates a festive holiday glow. Featuring Dior logo packaging. $45.00
- 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Twilight #029($54.00)
- Crème de Gloss in Honey Delight #291 ($25.50)
- Rouge Dior in Eternal Beige #394 ($27.00)
- Sparkle Shine Lip Gloss #002 ($24.50)
- Styleliner in Silver Light #334 (Sephora.com only) ($30.00)
- Dior Vernis in Pure Diamonds (Specialty Only) ($19.00)
- Dior Vernis in Black Sequins (Sephora Only) ($19.00)
- Dior Vernis in Poison Blue (Dept. Stores only) ($19.00)
Available: Holiday 2008
See more photos! Continue reading →
Dior Announces The First Edition of its Online Auction: Adore Dior
Sept 15 – Sept 25, 2008 / 10 days Only for Dior Divas @ www.adoredior.com
Dior invites beauty Divas everywhere to show how much they Adore Dior with the first ever online auction this September – www.adoredior.com. No Diva will want to miss snapping up one of 7 sensational once-in-a-lifetime prizes. The auction celebrates the fun and excitement of being part of the Dior Diva VIP Club – the network for passionate, devoted, absolutely addicted Dior Divas who can never get enough of Dior beauty – and splashy, fun-filled Dior hot new website – www.dior.com – launching soon.
Proceeds Go to Look Good…Feel Better
Because Dior knows their Divas always want to do good as well as look good, all proceeds from the winning bids will go to benefit Look Good…Feel Better, a program that empowers women to deal successfully with appearance-related effects of cancer and its treatment. See documents for more information about the LGFB program.
7 Sensational Prizes
- Darling Diva – a Couture Handbag filled with Best of Dior’s Makeup Collection.
- Precious Diva – a day of Beauty on Park Avenue in New York City, with famous dermatologist, Dr. Neil Sadick.
- Networking Diva – a lunch in New York City the CEO of Dior Fashion and Beauty in New York City.
- Professional Diva – the chance to live the dream with a one-month internship at Dior Beauty.
- Golden Diva – a luxurious private indulgence in your home. Gourmet dinner by a private chef following pampering by Dior.
- Glam Diva - shop ’til you drop and learn Backstage Beauty lessons from a Diorshow Artist in New York City. Show it all off at a VIP dinner.
- Design Diva – show your savoir-faire with an original Diva-inspired work of Art by an up-and-coming artist.
I’ll be bidding, but I’m pretty sure I will be outbid, LOL. Wish I could give more to the cause! It’s hard to choose just one prize to concentrate bidding on. What prize would you love to win? Will you be bidding?
You drooled over the promotional images and product shots of Dior’s Impression Cuir collection, slated for Fall 2008. How about some actual product photos? Swatches? Even a bit of a review? Thought you might be interested! I was fortunate enough to be able to try out the Impression Cuir Eye Palette, Earth Tones #673 Quint, Pink Drama #559 Rouge Dior Lip Color, and Delicious Plum #675 Creme de Gloss. But let me preface this review with: DO NOT MISS IMPRESSION CUIR! Make sure you give yourself a chance to at least go to your Dior counter and play and test and swatch some products for this fall line.
Impression Cuir Eye Palette (pictured above) is gorgeous. It is a palette that allures you in with the cool, animal-print texture and its shimmery hues. While it says it is an eye palette, all I want to do is use this on my cheeks (which I probably will do). The colors are gorgeous when swirled together, but you could feasibly use them as three separate colors. I love the way the shades fade subtly into each other. This is one star product that definitely grabbed my attention and kept it. The animal-print texture does go in pretty deep, so you’ll see some of it remain for awhile, though it doesn’t go all the way through (but the color does, which is, ultimately, what matters).
You know you want to see more! Continue reading →
DIOR | Fall 2008 | IMPRESSION CUIR
For Dior’s Fall 2008 Ready-to-Wear collection, designer John Galliano imagined a refined sensuality accentuated by precious python and ostrich skins, fox fur, and crocodile skin patterns. Now comes Dior’s most exotic color collection yet: Impression Cuir, which channels the luxury of animal-inspired patterns and textures and features rich, romantic shades of burgundy, plum, and copper.
- Impression Cuir Eye palette ($55.00)
- 2-Colour Eyeshadow in Bronzy Look #695 and Silver Look #775 ($35.00)
- DiorSkin Poudre Shimmer in Copper Diamond #003 ($42.00)
- DiorBlush in Pink Copper #739 ($38.00)
- 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Earth Tones #673 and Iridescent Leather #539 ($54.00)
- Crayon Eyeliner in Iridescent Khaki #363 ($25.00)
- Creme de Gloss in Creamy Burgundy #735 and Delicious Plum #875 ($25.50)
- Rouge Dior in Western Beige #423, PinK Drama #559, Fantastic Plum #874, Fiction Brown #619 ($27.00)
- Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Lace Beige #587 and Lurex Plum #877 ($24.50)
- Dior Contour in Mythical Brown #713 and Mysterious Plum #988 ($25.00)
- Dior Vernis in Red Ebony #827 and Mystic Violine #987 (Sephora exclusive) ($19.00)
Available: Fall 2008 at Dior Beauty Counters Nationwide
See more photos… Continue reading →
Dior’s Goldfever Quint | I love Dior quints for their versatility and how the colors pair so well together. I’m a sucker for golds, so this quint is especially (well, hell, the whole collection) to my taste. Subtle summer shimmers will work well for easy day time looks and even for subdued evening eyes. The gray-mauve and berry-mauve are both deep and dark enough to work as crease colors or to create smoky eyes. My only complaint is that the level of frost in the finish is a bit high to be universally appealing–I’m okay with it, but I do find that sometimes I’ll opt to use a different color (not from the quint) for highlighting my brow.
See details for Dior’s summer launch here.
Guerlain’s Meteorites Pressed Powder |
See details about Guerlain’s summer launch here.
Givenchy’s Prismissime Mat & Glow in Harmony #72 | A small compact palette in checkboard style that features nine squares of color. The first and third columns are matte colors, while the second column consists of shimmery choices. For summer, Givenchy offers Harmony #71 for fairer complexions, while #72 is for warmer/tanner complexions (like mine). I like that they’re separated, because it gives you the opportunity to use them alone, rather than together, but because they are also close together, you could also gently sweep a blush brush over it for an all-over color. The palette can be used on eyes, cheeks, face, or even your decolletage, making it very versatile and multi-tasking. This gives me a nice light bronze on cheeks, and the shimmer lets me highilght cheekbones precisely or lighten up a deeper summer bronze.
See details about Givenchy’s summer launch here.
Couple more photos… Continue reading →