CLINIQUE | This Summer the Bronze Keeps Going and Going — Introducing Long-Last Bronze.
No one ever wants the summer to end, yet somehow the time between Memorial Day and Labor Day just flies by. Well, Clinique can’t promise a longer summer, but we can promise that your makeup will stay put throughout the day from the beach to a BBQ. Traditional summer makeup is light and airy, but because of the heat and humidity it also tends to melt off the minute you set foot outside. Clinique remedies the warm weather makeup conundrum by introducing Long-Last Bronze. Summer 2008 | CLINIQUE, a beautiful bronze makeup collection for the gal who hates to re-apply but loves to look her best.
Stay tuned for a detailed review of Clinique’s latest launch!
But to tease you, check out what to expect and some images… Continue reading →
While I was in New York for Fashion Week, Megan over at Clinique made sure I had a sample of Clinique’s Almost Powder, a new foundation, that also comes with build-in SPF 15. This product utilizes new technology in pressing and processing that ends up making production take twice as long as a normal powder would. It’s even produced exclusively in Japan!
I’ve been wearing Almost Powder for the past week or so, and I have to say, I do like it. I don’t think it is going to replace my holy grail Studio Fix Fluid (liquid), mostly because I like liquid foundation and the coverage. However, there are many days where SFF is just a tad too heavy, or I’m not really needing a foundation of that nature. I find Almost Powder perfect for everyday, incredibly natural-looking skin. The powder is incredibly silky, and it feels lightweight. The compact includes a sponge, but I also tried Clinique’s powder brush ($30.00) with it. I found the sponge was better at reducing any “powdery” spots, and it was a lot faster. I’m personally not a fan of sponge technology (just seems like it is a bacterial growth zone!), so I tend to opt for the brush method. The brush was SO soft, and I liked it for initial application and buffing later with a buffer brush.
The coverage you get is lightweight to light-medium coverage. It basically gave me natural coverage, so I didn’t look cakey or really like I was wearing any foundation–which is always a plus. I would definitely need to look into concealers if I wanted to wear this on more acne-prone days, though, since it covers, but not quite enough (though not many lightweight foundations do this, so it’s not really a negative).
What sells this foundation is how soft it is and how nicely it settles into the skin. If you’re looking for a more polished look, without looking like you’re wearing makeup, this is right up your alley. This is perfect for those on-the-go, and anyone who wants to keep foundation light, minimal, but something that works and really evens out skin tone.
Availability: March 2008 at counters and www.clinique.com, but currently available for preview at QVC.
I just heard about Clinique launching on QVC, which I think is great for some of you who don’t order online, prefer to see someone speak to you on a product before purchasing, and don’t live near a Clinique counter. I am a huge advocate of Clinique products, especially their skincare range, and especially since there are numerous users with skin issues, I urge you to check this brand out!
Clinique, the original dermatologist-created cosmetics brand, is scheduled to debut on QVC Sunday, February 17, 2008 at 6 PM (ET). During the two-hour broadcast, Clinique will offer QVC shoppers a selection of product favorites in various sizes and configurations as well as special pricing. Custom fit for every skin type, each beautifully crafted Clinique skincare and makeup product is Allergy Tested and 100% Fragrance Free.
- QVC to launch the Clinique Almost Powder Make-Up SPF 15, a lightweight powder makeup that provides a sheer, no make-up look. (Can I just say, this stuff is amazing? Review is forthcoming…)
- Clinique The Three-Step Deluxe Set — Clinique’s iconic three-step system, custom fit by skin type to cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize, revolutionized the beauty industry and will now be offered in deluxe sizes on QVC.
- Collections created especially for QVC will be available including the Clinique Six-Piece Discovery Kit, the Clinique All About Eyes Three-Piece Collection and the Clinique Black Honey Three-Piece Set.
Additional Clinique products to be featured on QVC include:
- Clinique Turnaround Two-Piece Collection
- Clinique Superdefense Triple-Action Moisturizer SPF 25
- Clinique Repairwear Duo Intensive Eye and Night Cream
- Clinique Superbalanced Makeup 1 oz Foundation
- Clinique The Three-Minute Eye Three-Piece Collection
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion or Gel
- Clinique Repairwear Deep Wrinkle Concentrate
ABOUT THE EXPERT: JANET PARDO | Clinique’s Senior Vice President of Product Development Janet Pardo will appear on QVC as Clinique’s resident expert. An innovator in the beauty industry, Pardo has played a key role in creating some of Clinique’s top-selling products.
The Clinique products will be available through QVC at 800.345.1515 or www.QVC.com.
Reality TV Star, Whitney Port Celebrated December 14th,”Happy Day” with Clinique
By Spreading Holiday Cheer with Random Acts of Happiness in New York!
This year Clinique recruited Whitney Port as our “Happy Ambassador.” On December 14th, she hit the streets of NYC to spread cheer through “Random Acts of Happiness.” To kick-off the day she took children from Big Brothers Big Sisters skating at Wollman Rink in Central Park. Clinique Happy Day is a day in which all Clinique employees, from the top down, work in-store to make our Clients holiday shopping experience more, well, “Happy.” Below please find suggested captions.
Learn more about this event that occurred earlier today, plus see more photos! Continue reading →
CLINIQUE LONG PRETTY MASCARA ($14.00)
Long, lush, soft to the touch lashes.Take lashes to new lengths for the softest, prettiest look imaginable. An exclusive new formula extends lashes up to 30%-without flaking or clumping. For full, feathery, natural-looking lashes that go on forever.
- Applicator: Medium-sized brush with a rounded square shape to it.
- Clumping: Not too much clumping, but my lashes are a bit wonky, so sometimes they’d get crossed and stick.
- Curl: This isn’t a curling mascara, but it does hold a curl when you’ve used a lash curler.
- Ease: Quite easy to apply given the nature of the wand, which allows for more precision to get to harder to reach lashes on the inner area and the lower lashes.
- Length: Length that comes out is moderate; it’s not nearly as long as I’d like, but it gives you a decent au natural length.
- Thickening: I was definitely able to extract some thickening out of this mascara, especially on my outer lashes, but not so much on my inner lashes.
- Volume: The mascara gave me fairly decent volume–it looked like I had more lashes than I naturally do–and my lashes looked fuller and more voluminous.
- Best: I think my lashes looked fairly good in the end; although they could definitely be longer, I really liked the overall fullness. I also liked the price of this mascara, because it’s not so high that it makes it a hard purchase to make.
- Worst: If you’re looking for more length, try Clinique’s High Impact mascara instead, which we loved!
Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk ($24.00)
Gentle, milky makeup dissolver removes even long-wearing facial makeup and sunscreens, then tissues off or rinses away with water. Residue-free formula leaves all skin types soft, comfortable. Massage over dry face with fingertips, avoiding eye area; rinse or tissue off. Residue-free formula leaves all skin types soft, comfortable. For all skin types; ideal for drier skins.
What makes it worth it: It feels ultra gentle on skin, which makes it a viable option for those with sensitive skin prone to irritation with harsher cleansers and makeup removers. Clinique’s line of skincare is absolutely a great bet for those with sensitive skin as well as those who just want to start treating their skin better It offers a full line of fully tested and effective products at a lower price point than most high-end beauty lines. You get a fairly large bottle for the price you pay, and it would definitely last you over a month, if not over two. It broke down some of my makeup, but I felt like it didn’t really get all of it. (How do I test this? I use the cleanser or makeup remover, and then I take a makeup removing wipe to see what was left behind!)
Why you might pass on it: I don’t feel that this product breaks down my makeup as well as it could; I guess I would prefer something with a richer lather with a thicker, creamy texture.u The texture of the Cleansing Milk is really that of milk. It has a lot of liquidity and it runs thinly across your face. It feels a bit messy because of how thin the product is. To be honest, I’d much rather go with their Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm or one of their Foaming Creams instead.
Find this product at Clinique counters, boutiques, as well as www.clinique.com and www.nordstrom.com.